Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

2010 PS3 Game of the Year

Go down 
+6
Archduke
Hydell
Orc
Statronika
TheJubJub5721
Based Sonji
10 posters

What's yours?
 Heavy Rain
 God of War 3
 3D Dot Game Heroes
 ModNation Racers
 Gran Turismo 5
 MAG
View results
AuthorMessage
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

2010 PS3 Game of the Year Empty
PostSubject: 2010 PS3 Game of the Year   2010 PS3 Game of the Year I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 7:24 pm

Mine's definitely Heavy Rain.

Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: 2010 PS3 Game of the Year   2010 PS3 Game of the Year I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 7:26 pm

God of War 3. Do I need a reason? Its Kratos. Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Statronika
Background Character
Background Character
Statronika

Stature : 0
London

PostSubject: Re: 2010 PS3 Game of the Year   2010 PS3 Game of the Year I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 7:51 pm

Heavy Rain All THE WAY
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Statronika
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: 2010 PS3 Game of the Year   2010 PS3 Game of the Year I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 8:00 pm

Defiately Heavy Rain. It's like the next gen version of games I played as a kid. But more cinematic I love you
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: 2010 PS3 Game of the Year   2010 PS3 Game of the Year I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 10:46 pm

I voted God of War 3, that game blew my mind. Heavy Rain comes a very close second.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: 2010 PS3 Game of the Year   2010 PS3 Game of the Year I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:19 am

Heavy Rain is my favorite PS3 game that I played this year. Amazing story, unique gameplay, and good visuals.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
D_Homes
Background Character
Background Character
D_Homes

Stature : 0
Canada

PostSubject: Re: 2010 PS3 Game of the Year   2010 PS3 Game of the Year I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 4:28 am

Heavy Rain has to be my favourite 2010 ps3 game, with GoW 3 in close second.

Heavy Rain was one of, if not,the most innovative title of 2010, where as God Of War 3 was more of the same. ( Don't get me wrong, GoW 3 was fucking bad-ass but it plays the same as all other games in the series.)

MAG was fun for a while, and was a great leap forward for the MMO genre on consoles.

3D dot game heroes was a great game filled with lots of funny references to older games, but again, it wasn't anything I hadn't experienced before.

I didn't get the chance to play Grand Turismo 5, but racing games don't interest me that much.

Mod Nation Racers was a great addition to the 'Play-Create-Share' genre which originated with LittleBigPlanet, but as mentioned above, I'm just not that interested in racing games, so I lost interest in the game early. :sleep:
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: 2010 PS3 Game of the Year   2010 PS3 Game of the Year I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:58 am

D_Homes wrote:
Heavy Rain has to be my favourite 2010 ps3 game, with GoW 3 in close second.

Heavy Rain was one of, if not,the most innovative title of 2010, where as God Of War 3 was more of the same. ( Don't get me wrong, GoW 3 was fucking bad-ass but it plays the same as all other games in the series.)

MAG was fun for a while, and was a great leap forward for the MMO genre on consoles.

3D dot game heroes was a great game filled with lots of funny references to older games, but again, it wasn't anything I hadn't experienced before.

I didn't get the chance to play Grand Turismo 5, but racing games don't interest me that much.

Mod Nation Racers was a great addition to the 'Play-Create-Share' genre which originated with LittleBigPlanet, but as mentioned above, I'm just not that interested in racing games, so I lost interest in the game early. :sleep:

I totally agree. Heavy Rain is also arguably the best ps3 exclusive of all time.
The rest of the games were great too of course, but as you've pretty much said, weren't anything new
really.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: 2010 PS3 Game of the Year   2010 PS3 Game of the Year I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:55 am

God of War III
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: 2010 PS3 Game of the Year   2010 PS3 Game of the Year I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 9:18 am

Heavy Rain. I tried it at my friends, I wouldn't let the controller down. I needed to finish.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: 2010 PS3 Game of the Year   2010 PS3 Game of the Year I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 6:57 am

god of war 3..other than that and maybe heavy rain..there werent any other games that good for ps3
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: 2010 PS3 Game of the Year   2010 PS3 Game of the Year I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 7:10 am

Pein wrote:
god of war 3..other than that and maybe heavy rain..there werent any other games that good for ps3

...Gran Turismo 5?
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: 2010 PS3 Game of the Year   2010 PS3 Game of the Year I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 7:12 am

DemonWolf wrote:
Pein wrote:

...Gran Turismo 5?

its good but i think it deserves the score from the reviewers that it got..mag was mediocre and modnation racers was horrible
while heavy rain and god of war 3 were both amazing,but i prefer gow3 over heavy rain
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2010 PS3 Game of the Year   2010 PS3 Game of the Year I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 PS3 Game of the Year
Page 1 of 1