Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Death of the family review. (Major spoilers)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

Death of the family review. (Major spoilers) E0Pbf6f
Stature : 14
The Dreadf
Playing : Pin the dick on the Reek

Death of the family review. (Major spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Death of the family review. (Major spoilers)   Death of the family review. (Major spoilers) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:19 pm

Yeah so i took the time to read my..5th...batman comic arc.
Seeing how the only DC heroes i can really like is Batman and Green Lantern(not counting watchmen etc.)

So most people who ever wondered what Joker would look like in the New 52 perhaps searched and found this.
Death of the family review. (Major spoilers) Jokes1
That made me think what if the Joker is ''quitting'' Seeing how he is perhaps one of the best Villains ever to be in a comic book.

Lucky for me that was not the case.

Death of the family review. (Major spoilers) Car-Spoilers-General-model-Cars-wing-Free-shipping-wholesale-100-new.jpg_50x50
That means from here on there will be spoilers.

Wall of text and spoilers.:

So that's a rundown...

+ Jokers new look, The fact he has metall pins to hold his face and that it rots more and more every time is awesome
+ Jokers plan, Joker lives for the batman to lose control this was one of the best ways i've seen it. It beats Dark knight returns when he snaps his own neck to frame batman.
+ Darker, more twisted and sinister joker. I never thought joker could get more psycho but he did.
+ Deadshot (I couldn't bother writing all that... But Deadshot dies but then he lives... Read it yourself.
+ more Red Hood.
+ All the refrences to Joker killing Todd with a crowbar.
+ Harleys apparance (i dont care if everyone hates it i like it alot ^^
- Harleys story (this needed some polish)
- More then one Harley Quinn.

But overall.

9,5/10

Recommend to read it or pirate it as i did.

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Death of the family review. (Major spoilers) TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Death of the family review. (Major spoilers)   Death of the family review. (Major spoilers) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:41 pm

Oh man, don't pirate it... Sad
You can pretty great prices on Amazon!
Anyways you would love Daredevil from the sound of your review, here's what I recommend to get you started http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/078510948X/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?qid=1375317600&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX110_SY190

Also you dont need to pirate, u can buy comics digitally from comixology and they
Tend to have great sales on comics every week!
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

The Dreadf

PostSubject: Re: Death of the family review. (Major spoilers)   Death of the family review. (Major spoilers) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 6:37 pm

I pirated it a long time ago ^^ I just turned 18 so i Couldn't buy it either Sad

And here in sweden (where i live) It's almost impossible to find GOOD comic book stores.¨
I prefer to read from a comic.. But I had no cash and as i said i was not 18 so i couldn't buy it online :/
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Death of the family review. (Major spoilers)   Death of the family review. (Major spoilers) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 9:48 am

Ok man, I'm glad you enjoyed it, if you need any comic recommendations feel free to ask!
Btw have you read Batman Court of Owls or Batman Black Mirror?

My favourite DOTF issue had to be the Batman and Robin one where Damian falls into the Joker's tra with all those fucking gross ass maggots and shit, so fucking gross..
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

The Dreadf

PostSubject: Re: Death of the family review. (Major spoilers)   Death of the family review. (Major spoilers) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 3:34 pm

Awesome ^^
Yeah i liked that aswell Death of the family review. (Major spoilers) 2505020059
But my Favorite is the whole King and Court jester theme inside arkham... i'm a sucker for those things.
that and the fact It's so much darker then what I've read before.
The Dark Knight Returns was fine, did not care for the new Robin nor the mutant plot.
But when he kills the Joker and beats superman.. that i liked.
But As an all time favorite I would say Flashpoint.
(except for DOTF)
I like Thomas as batman and i liked Martha as the joker :)
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Death of the family review. (Major spoilers)   Death of the family review. (Major spoilers) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 4:30 pm

Yeah those were great, if you like that really dark vibe you would love Saga of the Swamp Thing by Alan Moore, American Vampire by Scott Snyder and Daredevil by Bendis. All available on Amazon! All of these books are very dark and AV and ST also have horror elements.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Death of the family review. (Major spoilers)   Death of the family review. (Major spoilers) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Death of the family review. (Major spoilers)
Page 1 of 1