Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Uh, WTF America?!

Go down 
+4
Chobo
Mecha
2Sugoi2Die
yonny616
8 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Uh, WTF America?! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 8:49 pm

So I got some shit called selective service in the mail. What is this? Isn't this unconstitutional under the 13th amendment? Not to mention it's basically forcing you to volunteer. I don't want to go to war, like WTF? Do I need to sign this?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 8:52 pm

what? is it jury duty?

i doubt its a draft.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Uh, WTF America?! StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 8:58 pm

Maybe America is forming a team of super heroes just like The Avengers and selected you to be a part of that team. You better come up with a cool name and costume design ASAP.

Last edited by Padders on Wed Jul 24, 2013 8:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Uh, WTF America?! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 8:59 pm

What? ._.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:02 pm

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

i remember this. your school should have done this.

no you're not going to war.its basically in case of an emergency (like if the ruskies invade), they know you are available to be drafted.

Quote :
The Selective Service System is an independent agency of the United States government that maintains information on those potentially subject to military conscription. Most male U.S. citizens and male immigrant non-citizens between the ages of 18 and 25 are required by law to have registered within 30 days of their 18th birthdays[2][3] and must notify Selective Service within ten days of any changes to any of the information they provided on their registration cards, like a change of address.[4] A 2010 GAO report estimated the registration rate at 92% with the names and addresses of over 16.2 million men on file.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:06 pm

@Shig I don't know. that's why i'm asking here! lol It just says selective service and that if i don't register i can be prosecuted and that i wont get federal help and all that shit.

@Padders Uhmm cool name? Silver genesis? lol

@Mecha Exactly what I said when I opened the letter!
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:10 pm

^^^

thats not toxic, its padders you fucker. (lol)

you didn't know that? yeah pretty much all countries have a draft system (one way or another)  incase shit hits the fan.

>government
>not using coercion

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:14 pm

@Shig it's dated on July 16th and says I have ten days and I barley fucking received it! Good ol' ten days. It says i can call though so i might just do that since all info is correct. Also what if I don't want to sign it? America: land of the free and home of the brave.

Yeah I didn't know of this shit! lol also i corrected the name, padders had a blue name and toxic had yellow so i got them confused.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:20 pm

they don't prosecute anyone for not doing it, but you're going to have to if you want to get anything done in your life.

but yeah this isn't just america. at least they ask you for your info in this country, lol. its pretty much required under all governments.

thats the definition of government, a monopoly on the use of force and coercion.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:35 pm

Lol I find it funny females don't have to register.

Yeah, this is USA, land of the free and last I checked freedom entitles choice, well at least real freedom does. not to mention they throw it on you and say they'll prosecutr you and/or fine you, and on top of that if you want to basically have a good job you have to have this, so they're basically forcing you to register.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Uh, WTF America?! 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:38 pm

I thought we got rid of this shit after vietnam.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:42 pm

@Chobo Well you thought wrong.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Uh, WTF America?! TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:05 pm

Haha I don't have to do that, have fun fucking camels with teckno in a desert toilet, whilst I am at home reading comics and having sex with noel
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 11:26 pm

@chobo

we did, this is just a database incase shit gets bad.

Quote :
In the United States, conscription, also called "the draft", ended in 1973, but males between 18 and 25 are required to register with the Selective Service System to enable a reintroduction of conscription if necessary. President Gerald Ford suspended mandatory draft registration in 1975, but President Jimmy Carter reinstated that requirement when the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan. Selective Service registration is still required of all young men although the draft has not been used since 1973
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 2:18 am

Gerald Ford had the right mind by not making it mandatory. I understand it's a precaution if shit ever hits the fan, but we should have a choice a not be threaten to sign up.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Uh, WTF America?! StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 3:20 am

What happens if you refuse?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 4:36 am

@Padders On the letter it says it's a federal crime punishable by fine and imprisonment, along with being unable to obtain citizenship, or federal benefits. At the end of the letter it says:
Quote :
Our objective is to register you, not to have you prosecuted.

So yeah. It appears it's a forced on you by big brother type of shit.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 9:22 am

If you have asthma or flat feet or something, I think they leave you alone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 4:44 pm

Time to covert to Islam and tell them it's against your religion. Note; you'll most likely be stripped of your world heavyweight title but it'll all come good in the end, you'll go down as a legend.

Jaden Smith will play you in the movie.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 4:49 pm

I registered. I did it online since my last day was practically today. Anyways who here has done this? By how Shig was talking about it it seems he did it. lol

@Stoney no I will keep my world heavyweight title at all costs. Also I don't think I'll make a good islam.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 5:45 pm

yeah i did it, most people have. didn't your HS do it? mine did.
Back to top Go down
thebigmike1983
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt
thebigmike1983

Stature : 20
Chicago, I

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 8:15 pm

As far as I know, you get fucked for any federal student loans for college if you don't sign up. But that was over a decade ago for me D:

Whatever, I'm gonna go watch Red Dawn. WOLVERINES!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 9:53 pm

@Shig Well my school system sucks because I don't remember ever talking about selective service.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Uh, WTF America?! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh, WTF America?!   Uh, WTF America?! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Uh, WTF America?!
Page 1 of 1