Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sony: Microsoft Reversal "Better Late Than Never"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Sony: Microsoft Reversal "Better Late Than Never" Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Sony: Microsoft Reversal "Better Late Than Never" Empty
PostSubject: Sony: Microsoft Reversal "Better Late Than Never"   Sony: Microsoft Reversal "Better Late Than Never" I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 1:34 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/07/02/sony-microsoft-reversal-better-late-than-never

EDIT: It won't let me quote the text. :/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony: Microsoft Reversal "Better Late Than Never" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Sony: Microsoft Reversal "Better Late Than Never"   Sony: Microsoft Reversal "Better Late Than Never" I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Sony: Microsoft Reversal "Better Late Than Never" Tumblr_mhwjayN9p41s5o3aso6_400
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Sony: Microsoft Reversal "Better Late Than Never"   Sony: Microsoft Reversal "Better Late Than Never" I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2013 2:19 pm

Quote :
When Jack Tretton exited the Sony stage at E3 2013, he didn’t consider the PlayStation press conference the final blow against Microsoft. In an Up at Noon interview with IGN, Tretton says “it was day one of a ten-year battle.”

Tretton explained that Sony went into E3 blind, unsure of where its price would stack up against Xbox One. “You don’t know how you’re going to be positioned against your competition, and you can’t spend a lot of time being an armchair quarterback. You’ve got to execute that vision, and we felt good about it regardless of where our competition came in.” Tretton continued, “And I think lower is better than high. We learned that with PlayStation 3.”

Sony did not, Tretton says, tailor its E3 press conference around Microsoft’s announcements, or change anything as a result. “A multi-billion, publicly traded corporation? Those decisions were made months and months and months in advance,” he said.

When asked about Microsoft’s response to criticism of its online policies -- which aligned Xbox One’s features closer to PlayStation 4 -- Tretton stated, “We spent 5 years listening to consumers, day in and day out. So, better late than never, I guess they got the message.”

For more on what Tretton has to say about next, check out IGN's full interview in the video above.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony: Microsoft Reversal "Better Late Than Never"   Sony: Microsoft Reversal "Better Late Than Never" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony: Microsoft Reversal "Better Late Than Never"
Page 1 of 1