Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Physical Media vs. Digital Media

Go down 
+12
Stigma
Orion
Chobo
Mikenuge
yonny616
2Sugoi2Die
Stoney
RamboOnRedBull
Bluenose
The_Biotic_God
HumGreezy
Mecha
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which do you prefer the most?
 Physical Media
 Digital Media
View results
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 6:46 pm

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 6:56 pm

Physical, Ho!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 7:58 pm

Digital,better prices and easier.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 8:35 pm

At this point I am almost exclusively digital. It's just easier to get and often cheaper.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 11:00 pm

Orion wrote:
Digital,better prices and easier.

The prices are very rarely as good as they should be.  Literally everyone wants them lowered, but GameStop is unwilling to adapt, and is stubbornly keeping them high.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 9:42 am

http://www.vg247.com/2015/09/10/ps4-hard-drive-delete-games/

You'll never have this problem with physical media. Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 1:56 pm

Sony should release 1TB HDD themselves at a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 8:55 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Sony should release 1TB HDD themselves at a reasonable price.

Lol, SONY will never release memory at a reasonable price.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 5:19 pm

http://www.gamewatcher.com/news/2015-24-09-cd-projekt-red-50-of-revenue-comes-digitally

Quote :
70% of CD Projekt RED's The Witcher 3 releases were on console, and 25% of their sales were digital, half their revenue comes from that distribution. 
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2015 5:28 pm

Quote :
Furious 7 sold roughly 2.5 million units on Blu-ray and DVD in its first week of release, making it the highest-selling, home entertainment live-action film launch of 2015.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=17632

And people say physical media is dying. eye roll
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 6:03 pm

http://n4g.com/news/1813329/ea-makes-more-than-2x-more-money-from-extra-content-than-from-full-digital-games

EA makes TWICE as much on DIGITAL CONTENT than Full Digital Purchase:

Quote :
Electronic Arts earned $195 million by selling extra content for its various games in Q2 2016. During that same period, the company earned $89 million by selling full games digitally. 

@Mecha

Beasts of No Nation was viewed by more than 3 million people within a few weeks. That's .5 more than F & F for a smaller and different film that's yet to pick-up Oscar boost.

So, yes, physical media is in a lot worse state than it used to be in.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 6:54 pm

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=17872

You were saying, Ramboob. Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 7:00 pm

Mecha wrote:

Erm, not to make you look like a complete idiot, but that list is based solely on Blu-Ray accounts and provides no data to compare with. You're essentially comparing your own dick to your own butthole. Good luck. Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 7:07 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Erm, not to make you look like a complete idiot, but that list is based solely on Blu-Ray accounts and provides no data to compare with. You're essentially comparing your own dick to your own butthole. Good luck. Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 2505020059

Oops! Should have posted this instead...

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=17854

Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 1:29 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

You're more wrong if that's the link you meant:

Quote :
generating $82.6 million in consumer spend across both physical and digital formats.

Understand your own arguments before you use them. Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 1:47 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Quote :
generating $82.6 million in consumer spend across both physical and digital formats.

Understand your own arguments before you use them. Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 2505020059

If you actually do the math, Jurassic World generated 67% of it's first-week sales from Blu-ray. While 33%for DVD. Digital sales was so low to the point that they didn't even bother reporting it. Nice try, though. Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 1:54 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Quote :

If you actually do the math, Jurassic World generated 67% of it's first-week sales from Blu-ray. While 33%for DVD. Digital sales was so low to the point that they didn't even bother reporting it. Nice try, though. Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 2505020059

They were so "low" that they reported the amount of revenue was split "across both physical and digital" sales? Yeah, you need to learn some English, son. Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 10:43 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Quote :

They were so "low" that they reported the amount of revenue was split "across both physical and digital" sales? Yeah, you need to learn some English, son. Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 2505020059

I was talking the amount of shares. Looks like you need to learn some math. Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 10:54 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Quote :

I was talking the amount of shares. Looks like you need to learn some math. Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 2505020059

Yet, you stated:

Quote :
Digital sales was so low to the point that they didn't even bother reporting it.

Looks like you need to understand your own words. Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 11:06 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Yet, you stated:

Quote :
Digital sales was so low to the point that they didn't even bother reporting it.

Looks like you need to understand your own words. Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 2505020059

Well, yeah. They didn't report the actual shares for the digital release. Blu-ray has gathered 67% of it's first-week sales from Blu-ray. 33% for DVD. So for digital, it's way less than that. Either way, it just goes to show how physical media continues to dominate. Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 11:25 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Yet, you stated:

Quote :

Well, yeah. They didn't report the actual shares for the digital release. Blu-ray has gathered 67% of it's first-week sales from Blu-ray. 33% for DVD. So for digital, it's way less than that. Either way, it just goes to show how physical media continues to dominate. Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 2505020059

Erm...

Quote :
The second charge is due to what Sony calls "demand for physical media contracting faster than anticipated," especially in Europe. Because of this, Sony says it does not believe the business will generate "sufficient cash flow in the future to recover the carrying amount of long-lived assets."

and

Quote :
And it’s not just computing where the disc-based format is losing out: sales of CDs and DVDs have been steadily declining for years. The introduction of services such as iTunesNetflix and YouTube have made media much more accessible via the Internet.

in the second quarter of 2015, supermarket sellers of music (Asda, Morrisons and Sainsburys) collectively lost £3 million in physical music sales compared with the previous year.

and 

Quote :
Letang also predicted serious movement in the global mobile markets, among other trends—including that digital will surpass total TV [Revenue & market-share] by 2018. 

And then, just for comparison:

Quote :
[Netflix] The company saw 4.33 million subscribers sign up in the fourth quarter, beating its forecast of 4 million new subscribers and bringing its total number of subscribers to 57.4 million worldwide.

In the current quarter it expects to add 4 million more subscribers for a total of 61.4 million worldwide.

So much for physical "dominating", Mecha. Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 6:58 pm

lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2015 7:47 am

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 11:15 am

Quote :
(...) spending on Blu-ray discs [only] rose 5% during the year, it said. Still, disc sales declined 8% to $7.8 billion, due to the continued decline of DVD.

With digital sales of movies and TV shows, in particular, growing by nearly 50% last year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Physical Media vs. Digital Media   Physical Media vs. Digital Media - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Physical Media vs. Digital Media
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2