Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Atlus parent company files for bankruptcy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Atlus parent company files for bankruptcy StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Atlus parent company files for bankruptcy Empty
PostSubject: Atlus parent company files for bankruptcy   Atlus parent company files for bankruptcy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 6:28 pm

Atlus parent company files for bankruptcy Index-Files-Bankrupt
Quote :
Atlus’ parent company Index Holdings has declared bankruptcy at Tokyo District Court.

The company, which bought Atlus in 2006, is 24.5 billion yen in debt, which is roughlyt USD $250 million or GBP £160 million.

President Yoshimi Ochiai and Chairman Masami Ochiai intend to resign.

The Securities and Exchange Surveillance Commission of Japan have been investigating the company for allegedly improper accounting via fictitious transactions, specifically under the suspicious of exaggerating revenues using round-trip transactions.

Meanwhile, Atlus Japan said everything is still on track with their upcoming game releases. Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl was released today in Japan, and Dragon’s Crown is due out on July 25.

Source: http://gematsu.com/2013/06/atlus-parent-company-files-for-bankruptcy
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Atlus parent company files for bankruptcy R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Atlus parent company files for bankruptcy   Atlus parent company files for bankruptcy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 6:51 pm

Well that sucks.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Atlus parent company files for bankruptcy   Atlus parent company files for bankruptcy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 7:04 pm

Prepare for alot more closing 8th gen
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Atlus parent company files for bankruptcy   Atlus parent company files for bankruptcy I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 7:11 pm

TBH, don't really care as I don't play those kind of games. But it's sad to see any company go down like that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Atlus parent company files for bankruptcy   Atlus parent company files for bankruptcy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Atlus parent company files for bankruptcy
Page 1 of 1