Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital

Go down 
+2
Bluenose
Mikenuge
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital Empty
PostSubject: Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital   Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 4:59 am

Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital Xbox-One-Logo

Source

I'm posting this here simply because Sony will probably do the same.

They're still charging full price for a digital download of a game Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital 1443829230 even without the additional manufacturing, shipping and retail costs.

Quote :
a Microsoft representative said “I can confirm that Microsoft Studios games on Xbox One will be $59.99 (MSRP).” The comment says nothing about third-party games from publishers such as Activision, EA and Ubisoft, but it’s logical to expect those publishers to follow Microsoft’s lead.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital   Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 8:51 am

If they made it cheaper, everyone would go digital.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital   Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:10 am

Why the fuck do we have to pay full price for digital? Doesn't Sony make us pay less for digital? They did with the Vita.
Back to top Go down
thebigmike1983
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt
thebigmike1983

Stature : 20
Chicago, I

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital   Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 11:11 am

Yeah, they keep the pricing the same because otherwise they would piss off the brick and mortar stores.  It's the same way now.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital   Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 12:32 pm

@thebigmike well thats wrong. Retailers like Gamestop & GAME actually take a share when a physical copy is sold and this profit isnt going to your dev and publisher. You think M$ & Sony don't mind if a 3rd party is making profit of their product ? Razz

IMO all digital games should be much cheaper than retail.

LOOK AT THIS BULLSHIT ! On PSN Battlefield 3 a 2 year old game costs £50 (thats £10 more than the usual retail price of a new game at £40)

Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital Untitl11

Now on EA's Origin the game is. £10 

Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital Ddfdf10
Back to top Go down
thebigmike1983
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt
thebigmike1983

Stature : 20
Chicago, I

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital   Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 1:02 pm

But you're comparing a console game to a PC game.  PC games always have better sales because they do not rely on brick and mortar stores as much to move product.  It's the same reason why ebooks were so expensive until Amazon started giving the middle finger to printing companies and pricing better.  I agree with you thou, I wish PSN games would have a better discount in general, but until then I usually keep an eye on Amazon for stuff to drop in price.  I'm hoping now that faster internet is becoming more widespread the companies can come from a better negotiating point since more people are able to download games rather than having to buy a disc.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital   Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 8:12 pm

Mecha wrote:
Why the fuck do we have to pay full price for digital? Doesn't Sony make us pay less for digital? They did with the Vita.

Well this is a good opportunity for Sony to stick it to Microsoft again and sell their digital games at 10 bucks cheaper instead.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital   Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 9:35 am

which they wont ^^
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital   Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 12:19 pm

I don't think Sony is THAT money generous.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital   Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 12:39 pm

Mikenuge wrote:
which they wont ^^

Vita digital games are already cheaper than retail.

Last edited by Stigma on Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital   Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 12:40 pm

Stigma wrote:
Mikenuge wrote:
which they wont ^^

Vita digital games are already cheaper than retail.

But that is vita, I don't think Sony is going to take a unanimous step like that with something as major as the PS4.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital   Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 12:40 pm

Vita doesn't even exist
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital   Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox One Games to Cost $59.99 Whether Disc-Based or Digital
Page 1 of 1