Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch

Go down 
+2
NoelX2
Archduke
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch Empty
PostSubject: Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch   Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 8:36 am

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/killer-instinct-is-a-fun-free-to-play-xbox-one-launch-game

Quote :
Killer Instinct was always sort of dumb -- the goofy Mortal Kombat knock-off with a skeleton, a dinosaur, and dudes named TJ Combo (ugh) and Fulgore (what?). In hindsight, Killer Instinct was kind of embarrassing. But we still connected to it. Who doesn’t want to see a ninja fist-fight a werewolf?

Killer Instinct on Xbox One is still really, really stupid. It’s also pretty awesome.

More Street Fighter IV than traditional Killer Instinct in speed and style, this reboot isn’t just looking at how it can bring Rare’s classic back to life, but how it can reinvigorate it. The 2D fighter has changed significantly since 1994, and developer Double Helix recognizes it.

Killer Instinct is fast on Xbox One, unrecognizably so. Aside from the presence of Sabrewulf (ugh) and Jago (what?), you might mistake this for an entirely new game. The bright colors, and thick, black outlines give the characters, who take up a healthy amount of on-screen real estate, a comic book-style shade. Their combos are quick and flow naturally -- I found myself slipping into an awesome combo accidentally, Marvel vs. Capcom style, often.

The move sets are simple, the stylish and devastating Ultra Combos are easy to execute, and the Combo Breaker makes you feel like a badass. It’s basically just a parry with a fancy name, but Killer Instinct regards it so highly that it’s hard not to feel the surge of satisfaction every time you escape an onslaught of frightening kicks. Every big counter feels like an event, and it can totally change the flow of a fight when your opponent's left exposed after your escape.

Familiar, yes, but this is definitely Killer Instinct done differently (and arguably better).

Killer Instinct is a day-one digital-only release on Xbox One, and features -- get this -- one character. Jago is free to play on launch day. Everyone else -- unspecified returning characters as well as original fighters -- will cost money. Price is to-be-determined (of course).

Is this the start of a new trend? With Xbox Live Arcade vanishing into the greater Games Marketplace, perhaps free-to-play is the new trial version, and you'll nickel and dime your way to a more complete version. Hopefully trials of some sort will still mandated so players can try out everything as it hits Xbox Live.

IGN will have more on Killer Instinct leading up to its November release.

Includes only 1 CHARACTER! The rest are DLC and you need to pay money to MS for them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch   Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 8:43 am

I imagine there will be a "Buy All" option, though I find it sad that there won't be a Killer Cuts 3. : (((

I do think F2P is a great way to allow new players into any game. Granted, there is only one character (BasedJago), but players may buy all of the characters when they believe that they would want to play this game for some time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch   Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 11:07 am

Xbox One just lost me.
Back to top Go down
thebigmike1983
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt
thebigmike1983

Stature : 20
Chicago, I

PostSubject: Re: Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch   Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 8:53 pm

Quote :
Developed by: Double Helix

Looks like not only do you have to buy characters (which fucking negates F2P, CALL IT A DEMO YOU FUCKS), but it was outsourced to a mediocre dev.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch   Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:22 pm

I'm okay with this. You can save money.

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/killer-instinct-is-free-to-play-6409773/

Quote :
"Fighting games are big and expensive and they can be complicated. It's very hard to get good at a number of characters," the producer said. "You generally gravitate towards one or two or three or four at the most. We want players to be able to experience the game that way. Just buy the characters you want or buy them all and we'll give you a discount on that."

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jun/11/killer-instinct-free-play-was-misconception-glacius-be-fully-playable-evo-2013-and-40-training-lessons/#comments

Quote :
During the GameSpot E3 2013 stage event a few of the game developers from Double Helix Games were on stage to discuss their newly announced title Killer Instinct.

In particular a few rather important notes were made, the first thing mentioned was that there was a small misconception with the game being free-to-play. While the game is a launch title for the Xbox One, fans will be able to purchase the full game on it's release. There will also be a demo which comes with Jago as playable character where you can play all of the game's modes including online mutliplayer.

If you decided after playing the demo that you liked the game, you can selectively purchase packages which feature various characters.

Yesterday, during the announcement trailer Double Helix also showed off the character Glacius. It was confirmed that he would be fully playable during EVO 2013.

The last thing that was talked about was the game's 40 training lessons to try and teach players how to learn the game.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch   Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:27 pm

thebigmike1983 wrote:
Quote :

Looks like not only do you have to buy characters (which fucking negates F2P, CALL IT A DEMO YOU FUCKS), but it was outsourced to a mediocre dev.

Yeah, especially considaring they Made Green Lanturn: Rise of the Manhunters and Battleship: The Movie: The Game.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch   Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:43 pm

thebigmike1983 wrote:
Quote :

Well, at least they are co-developing it. Rare is helping out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch   Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 9:46 pm

^^^

keep telling yourself its not going to be shit. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch   Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Killer Instinct is free to play on Xbox One at launch
Page 1 of 1