Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC

Go down 
+5
Mikenuge
Hydell
Gutzahn
Mecha
Orc
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC Empty
PostSubject: Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC   Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 5:04 pm

http://blog.gamingdragons.com/2013/05/26/next-generation-consoles-cant-beat-2007-high-end-pc/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC   Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 5:06 pm

So? It's all about the games.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC   Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 5:10 pm

Lol, I have to call serious bs on this article. The comparison picture alone is so random...
Just doesn't prove shit. I mean I#m all for the pc, but thats just a try to get traffic by shouting out bs.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC   Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 5:12 pm

eye roll no shit retard.

i think lykos' recent purchase of a gaming PC has gone to his head. Razz

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC   Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 5:30 pm

Of course. It's like my purchase of the wii.

http://www.g7gaming.net/t263-why-i-bought-a-wii
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC   Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:32 pm

Hey guys a BMW can't beat a Formula 1 car in a mile long race.

Derp article is derp.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC   Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 2:48 am

Lykos is now a pc fanboy

Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC   Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:21 am

Console gaming > PC gaming.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC   Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC I_icon_minitimeMon May 27, 2013 9:46 am

Lawl @ Comparing Crysis on max settings to a fucking Call of Duty game... Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC 1443829230

Most flawed comparison they could've come up with. At least use the prettiest games we've seen on next-gen systems, and not these current-gen-looking games.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC   Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 27, 2013 9:27 pm

COD is by no means a decent benchmark for any platform.

Next gen consoles are based on GPUs that were designed with DX11-type features. DX11 PC cards did not even exist in 2007. The AMD graphics cards in the Xbox One and PS4 are at least several generations ahead of anything that came out in 2007. Combined that with the fact that developers can get better performance out of a closed-console API and it's not even a contest.

Nice try, though.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC   Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 11:22 am

You can't compare a PC architecture to a console. Look at what devs do late in the cycle of consoles on limited hardware, Uncharted 2 & 3, The Last of Us, God of War III etc.

I've been reading copious amounts of tech stuff on NeoGaf, from tech nerds. In 2-3 years time from now, the PS4 will do some mindblown stuff.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK

PostSubject: Re: Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC   Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:22 pm

Wow. Has anyone actually read the article ? Not at any point does it compare a next gen console to a high end PC made in 2007 Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC 1443829230 

THEY EVEN USED A SCREENSHOT ROFL !

Stoney wrote:
You can't compare a PC architecture to a console. Look at what devs do late in the cycle of consoles on limited hardware, Uncharted 2 & 3, The Last of Us, God of War III etc.

Whilst those games look good to you, they still run at 720p or below at a constant 30fps.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC   Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 2:40 pm

Because 1080p and 60fps is so much more important than the actual games. They look great and play great so that's all the matters.

/hippie mode
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

UK

PostSubject: Re: Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC   Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2013 3:16 pm

Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS26RAxovIxvc-kRnouyiU9Yfd-pfieZqj_bkuw42ZNiG2zU-1G
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC   Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next gen consoles can't beat a 2007 high end PC
Page 1 of 1