Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One   Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 4:23 pm

Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One Xbox-one-kinect-hal-640x353

Quote :
According to the application Microsoft intends to create "A content presentation system and method allowing content providers to regulate the presentation of content on a per-user-view basis. Content is distributed an associated license option on the number of individual consumers or viewers allowed to consume the content.

Consumers are presented with a content selection and a choice of licenses allowing consumption of the content. The users consuming the content on a display device are monitored so that if the user-views licensed is exceeded, remedial action may be taken.

Based on the description of the technology developed for the patent it seems likely Microsoft will use the Kinect sensor, which is mandatory with Xbox One, to monitor the number of people present while watching a TV show, movie or music on the device. Presumably, should the content be consumed by too many people Xbox One owners will need to pay again.

TLDR: kinect can detect how many people are watching certain media. if there is too many people consuming the media, it may lock said media and prompt you to pay more.

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/14887/article/microsoft-trademarks-new-per-view-content-system-for-xbox-one/

click spoiler for patent sketch.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One   Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 5:03 pm

Huh.

Seriously.

Oh well.

There might be some way to exploit through it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One   Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 5:09 pm

WTF!? This is a joke right?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One   Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 5:13 pm

That sounds like the dumbest, cheapest, biggest money rip-off in xbox history...
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One   Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 5:14 pm

>KINECT HAS DETECTED IT IS FACING AWAY FROM THE PLAY AREA, PLEASE TURN KINECT TOWARDS THE PLAY AREA IN ORDER TO ACTIVATE YOUR XBOX ONE

>KINECT HAS DETECTED ANOTHER USER IN THE PLAY AREA, PLEASE PAY THE ADDITIONAL USER FEE OF 50$. THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP IN FIGHTING PIRACY

>KINECT HAS DETECTED A LACK OF DORITOS AND MOUNTAIN DEW WITHIN THE CURRENT PLAY AREA, PLEASE ADD THESE DELICIOUS AMENITIES TO THE PLAY AREA TO CONTINUE YOUR MATCH OF CALL OF DUTY
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One   Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 5:36 pm

I think it will actually be implemented rarely, if not never.

It just sounds really stupid.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One   Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 6:18 pm

Xbox go home...... you're drunk.

Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One Ibqx8wFlY57R3d
Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One 7tmSCjo1
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One   Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Not surprised at all. Eh, not as if I'm going to buy an Xbox One, won't effect me, but it will the people who are stupid enough to buy one after hearing all the negativity around said console.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One   Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft Trademarks New 'Per-View' Content System for Xbox One
Page 1 of 1