Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine

Go down 
+2
Gutzahn
Mecha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine Empty
PostSubject: Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine   Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 7:48 am

Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine Dog-5810

Quote :
Call of Duty: Ghosts was shown at Microsoft’s Xbox One reveal on Tuesday, and with it, speculation of a new game engine followed. It’s not an entirely new engine, Infinity Ward’s animation lead Zach Volker has confirmed, but it has seen significant upgrades.

If you haven’t seen the game running yet, you can check out our trailer coverage here first.

Speaking with OPM, Volker said of the Ghosts engine, “When we’re talking about a new engine we’re talking about upgrading significant systems within in that engine. We’re not talking about throwing it all away and saying we’re starting from the ground up”.

Volker added that it would be “impossible to develop a new engine from the ground up in a two year cycle,” and added, “What we do is we say, ‘okay what are the things that are significant and that we would say that are encompassing of the engine or its visual quality? Are those being upgraded in a significant way? Alright, then I think that warrants that we’ve got a new engine on our hands”.

So it’s not new-new but new-enhanced. Do you see?

What do you make of the above? Did the Ghosts footage on Xbox One look good regardless of a totally new engine? Let us know below.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine   Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 7:50 am

Dick move.
If it looks significantly better I'm fine with it, but a lie is a lie.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine   Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 8:03 am

Not only did they shamelessly lie about it these pretty faces are also had the marker "Activision R&D. Property of Activision Publishing. Not Actual Gameplay" That means that the game engine doesn't actually generate it to look like that.

Call of Duty: Ghost confirmed for same shit.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine   Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine I_icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2013 11:38 am

So obvious, the game looked like a current gen game at the Xbox event. "Look, when you swim toward fish, they move out of your way". This is next gen.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine   Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 2:06 am

Yes. And the same could be said for Frostbite and the Halo engine. They never scrap everything.

With that said, COD: Ghost failed to impress.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine   Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 3:55 pm

It didn't look much better than BO2. It's not the graphical leap you'd expect or hope for. But as Alan said, this isn't a new practice. Still looks like a cool game.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine   Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 6:54 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Yes. And the same could be said for Frostbite and the Halo engine. They never scrap everything.

You must be blind not to notice the differences they made with those engines...

Cod hasn't changed its look since MW2...
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine   Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 9:59 pm

Franko wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:

You must be blind not to notice the differences they made with those engines...

Cod hasn't changed its look since MW2...

I wasn't talking about improvements in graphics, at least specifically. Both Frostbite 3 and the latest version of the Halo engine have code dating back to their original version.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine   Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 7:33 pm

not quite on topic, but still pretty funny Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine   Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Ghosts does NOT have a new engine
Page 1 of 1