Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My video rant about the misconceptions of video game violence

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

My video rant about the misconceptions of video game violence Empty
PostSubject: My video rant about the misconceptions of video game violence   My video rant about the misconceptions of video game violence I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 11:25 am

Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

My video rant about the misconceptions of video game violence 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: My video rant about the misconceptions of video game violence   My video rant about the misconceptions of video game violence I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 9:22 pm

Something to add.

Japan has most of western games available to them. They also have their own rather obscene games, one of which is a rape simulator, and despite all that, their crime rates are ridiculously lower then America.

Good video by the way.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

My video rant about the misconceptions of video game violence R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: My video rant about the misconceptions of video game violence   My video rant about the misconceptions of video game violence I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 12:29 am

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/06/police-believe-games-may-have-been-a-factor-in-violent-assault/
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

My video rant about the misconceptions of video game violence 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: My video rant about the misconceptions of video game violence   My video rant about the misconceptions of video game violence I_icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 1:09 am

Mecha wrote:
http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/06/police-believe-games-may-have-been-a-factor-in-violent-assault/

Rather weak evidence to the contrary, all things considered. The rating still does not excuse that if the game did start something, there was fore warning. Second, if the person was willing to engage in violence because of a piece of media, then they were already messed up to begin with. Last is that there is no mention of how it could have been involved in the kid's crime, so for the moment it seems more like a blanket excuse to give the parent piece of mind more then anything else, and this does not even get into "1 of 1 million fallacy".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My video rant about the misconceptions of video game violence   My video rant about the misconceptions of video game violence I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My video rant about the misconceptions of video game violence
Page 1 of 1