Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Mangas

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Favorite Mangas Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Mangas   Favorite Mangas I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 11:01 pm

Not sure how many of you guys read manga here but I read a lot I like it better than anime. I mainly read Seinen manga because they are either very mature or very violent and don't get made into animes unfortunately but do get made into Japanese films and dramas which I don't watch.

Favorite Mangas Akumetsu

This is my favorite manga by far. It's about a terrorist/anti-hero named Akumetsu. Basically Japan is on the verge of economic collapse with a debt of 700 trillion yen which Akumetsu claims is the fault of corrupt politicians and bussiness men. The Prime Minister is trying to pass economic reforms but isn't being successful as everyone else is so corrupt and doesn't give a shit about Japan so Akumetsu confronts him and tells him Akumetsu will kill all the corrupt politions and bussiness men and the Prime Minister has a month to pass his reforms and if he fails Akumetsu will kill him too. As the manga goes on Akumetsu brutally murders several people including the treasurer, a police chief, politicians, etc. It's never been released outside of Japan but it's been translated and is on several manga websites you should all read it it's fucking awesome.

http://mangable.com/akumetsu/

Favorite Mangas Shin_angyo_onshi
This was actually written by a South Korean author but published by a Japanese Magazine. The manga is very dark and has some really badass fight scenes. They made it into a movie which they called blade of the phantom master but don't watch it it's a piece of shit which barely resembles the manga at all. It's set in an alternate feudal Korea where the ruling empire has collapsed and smaller kingdoms have formed and the main character goes around fucking up all the evil kings who've taken power. Yeah I know I didn't explain much but the plot is complex and very good. The manga is great from start to finish I read the whole thing in 3 days I couldn't put it down.

http://mangable.com/shin_angyo_onshi/

Favorite Mangas Parasyte

This manga is quite bizarre, it's about alien parasites who invade earth and take over peoples bodies to survive. Most went for the brain but one in particular messed up and took over Shinji's hand instead. The other parasytes see them as a threat and start attacking them and they need to fight to survive. It's very violent and very amusing. It's not too long but a good read.

http://mangable.com/parasyte/

Favorite Mangas Liar-Game-tome-3

A girl is forced to participate in something called the Liar Game. She's given 100 million yen and her objective is to take her opponent's money and win, losers must pay back the 100 million yen they were given. Naturally if they lose the money they were given they go into a shit load of debt and most players chosen were in debt problems already so everyone is quite determined to win and take home a lot of money. It's a zero sum game so naturally if someone wins money, another goes into debt. She teams up with an ex-con who recently got out of jail so she can get out of the game. There is no violence in this manga it's mostly talking. It has the best story out of any manga I've read or any anime i've seen. It's very complex and has a lot of twists. It's still on going and while it's not being made into an anime it did get a drama version (which I don't plan on watching). Very complex, you guys should read it.

http://mangable.com/liar_game/

Favorite Mangas Ichi_the_killer

It's a manga about a mentality disturbed man who assassinates members of the Yakuza on behalf of his uncle who manipulates him. It's extraordinarily violent and very cringe inducing. Do not read if you have a weak stomach. The plot isn't that great but the character development is and everybody is fucking crazy and has awesome fight scenes.

http://mangable.com/ichi_the_killer/

Favorite Mangas 12176

(sorry I couldn't find a better picture)

Holyland is about a teenager named Yuu who doesn't fit in and is bullied a lot. He learns to fight and the only place he feels he belongs is the downtown district of the city which he calls his holyland. He's attacked by a thug and beats him and and then afterwards gets attacked by others. They want to kick him out of the "holyland" but he fights back and beats them. He becomes known as the thug hunter and a lot of people go after him. It's a very thug's life type of thing. It's got drugs, violence, thugs, etc. It has a very different take on Japan and is very good, even a little inspirational. The author tries to make the fighting realistic but it does get a little flashy sometimes but not too much, no swords, guns, or magic/superpowers, mostly hand to hand fighting.

http://mangable.com/holyland/

Did you guys know there was a Battle Royale manga? It has a few changes but it's badass, well written, and has some emotional moments. If you don't know what battle royale is think hunger games but better, also it came out first.

http://mangable.com/battle_royale/

So what do you guys like? Intend to read any of these? Let me know what you guys like and recommend me some seinen manga you know of.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Favorite Mangas StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Favorite Mangas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mangas   Favorite Mangas I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 3:10 am

Some of them sounds pretty good. Will check out Akumetsu and Liar Game.

For me it would be
(just gonna copy the info from MAL)

Favorite Mangas 55823Great Teacher Onizuka
Onizuka is a reformed biker gang leader who has his sights set on an honorable new ambition: to become the world's greatest teacher... for the purpose of meeting sexy high school girls. Okay, so he's mostly reformed.

However, strict administrators and a class of ruthless delinquents stand between Onizuka and his goal and they will use any means, however illegal or low, to drive the new teacher away. Perfect, because Onizuka's methods won't be found in any teaching manual; he cares about the difference between legal and illegal activities about as much as he cares for the age difference between himself and a high school girl.

So get ready for math that doesn't add up, language you'd be slapped for using, and biology that would make a grown man blush... unless of course, you're the Great Teacher Onizuka.

Favorite Mangas 52139Love Hina
Keitaro has had great difficulty getting into the university of his choice and no luck in meeting women. In a desperate effort to go into seclusion and study for his entrance exams, he volunteers to take over running his grandmother's hotel. His plans are ruined when he discovers that the "hotel" is actually an all-girls dormitory ... and some serious distractions ensue.

Favorite Mangas 51855Mahou Sensei Negima!
After graduated from a magic academy, 10-year-old genius boy Negi Springfield was assigned to a huge Japanese school as an English teacher for practical training. To his surprise, the 8th grade class assigned for him is all-girl. In addition to teaching (and being teased by) those 31 pretty girls while trying to keep his magic capability in secret, he's also looking for clues about his father, who was once known as "Thousand Master" but mysteriously disappeared years ago.

Favorite Mangas 66799It's Not My Fault That I'm Not Popular!
Kuroki Tomoko is a super popular, high school girl, who has had 50 years of dating experience, and 100 boys... in the Otome game world. In the real world, she is a 15 year old shut in, who has all of the qualities of a "mojo" (喪女, a gloomy or unpopular woman). However, when school isn't going as she expected, and she isn't as popular as she had thought she was, she takes a look at herself in the mirror for the first time in a few years, and has some shocking revelations...
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Favorite Mangas TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

Favorite Mangas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mangas   Favorite Mangas I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 4:36 am

Karakuri Dôji Ultimo
Favorite Mangas Karakurid%C5%8Dji_Ultimo_vol_1
Also if u like bloody violence check out Miracleman, Irredeemable and New 52 Animall Man(creepy and violent)
Favorite Mangas Animal-man-4-2
Favorite Mangas Animal-man-4-3
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

Favorite Mangas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mangas   Favorite Mangas I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 6:53 pm

@Padders

I saw the GTO and Live Hina animes they were pretty good but I never read the mangas.

@Orion

Lol does that say Stan Lee? Didn't know he was involved in any manga, unfortunately I am not a fan of American Comics. The art style and comic structure just isn't appealing to me.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Favorite Mangas TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

Favorite Mangas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mangas   Favorite Mangas I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:20 pm

What? That doesnt make much sense. Almost every comic book artist has a very distinct unique style to other artists. The structure and art style can greatly differ from incredibly stylised pop art to digital art that looks photorealistic and a range of different styles
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Favorite Mangas StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Favorite Mangas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mangas   Favorite Mangas I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 7:24 pm

@ Stigma

There is a Love Hina OVA but I can't remember which arch it covers.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

Favorite Mangas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mangas   Favorite Mangas I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:46 am

Padders wrote:
@ Stigma

There is a Love Hina OVA but I can't remember which arch it covers.

Yeah I think it was with his step sister or something? That was like 6 years ago so I don't remember well but I remember I couldn't find one with english subtitles so I had to settle for spanish subs lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite Mangas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Mangas   Favorite Mangas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Mangas
Page 1 of 1