Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Deadpool Game OXM Preview

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Deadpool Game OXM Preview TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

Deadpool Game OXM Preview Empty
PostSubject: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:15 am

OXMfaggots wrote:
He may look like a ninja, but this Marvel Comics antihero is more than your average mercenary. For one, he packs everything from swords to machineguns to a teleportation device - all backed by a Wolverine-class healing factor that makes him virtually unkillable. Which could be why the so-called Merc with a Mouth flings quips like verbal grenades, poking fun at friends, enemies, and even the fact that he's a character in a comic book.

Moreover, he's a serious nutjob - but in an endearing way. When he's not obsessing over Golden Girls and chimichangas, he's listening to the voices waging war in his head... or succumbing to some of the most bizarre hallucinations a pop-culture-lovin' hero could have. It's a crazy mix that opens up immense opportunities for a Deadpool videogame.

Deadpool Game OXM Preview Image_33136
- Read full preview @ the cunt face's site http://www.oxm.co.uk/50541/previews/deadpool-the-game-babes-blood-letting-and-in-jokes/
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Deadpool Game OXM Preview XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:17 am

Oh he has a teleportation device? I thought it was just a natural ability he had.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:22 am

Nah it's a device, i think he stole it from Cable as i remember Cable having it first. Just finished reading the preview and i feel a lot more at ease and feel this game is shaping up to be pretty good, and it seems from the preview Daniel Way's shitty writing has improved
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Deadpool Game OXM Preview R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:35 am

Yeah, Deadpool uses a teleportation device, despite the fact that he had the power to teleport in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Similar to how Spider-Man uses web-shooters instead of having the power to actually shoot webs.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:50 am

Mecha wrote:
Yeah, Deadpool uses a teleportation device, despite the fact that he had the power to teleport in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Similar to how Spider-Man uses web-shooters instead of having the power to actually shoot webs.
Well I'd known Deadpool from before the movie even though I don't read comics, since he was my favorite character to play as in Marvel Ultimate Alliance (which is where I got the meager amount of comic book knowledge I have). But I guess I just assumed he could do it naturally, especially since he's such a unique and interesting character in the universe in regards to his self-awareness and fourth-wall breaking. I assumed if they were willing to do that with his character, they might as well have just given him the power to teleport 'cuz fuck it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:56 am

Problem is, Deadpool is not a mutant. In fact, he has very little to do with X-Men. He's only part of the franchise because of his long history with Cable and Wolverine.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:04 am

Oh I know, and I know that they screwed him up in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. I'm just saying that since they were willing to do so many meta things with Deadpool, that I assumed they were willing to give him any power at any time without any rhyme or reason, so I assumed the teleportation was just an ability and not a gadget.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:11 am

Im happy that a lot of the X-Men are going to feature in this game and that the main antagonist is an X-Men villain, maybe it's apocalypse, magneto or Mr sinister
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:28 am

What about non-X-Men characters like Bullseye, Death, Spider-Man, and Squirrel Girl?
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 11:47 am

Nah
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 12:05 pm

But Deadpool doesn't have much to do with X-Men though. Deadpool and Bullseye knew each since they were children.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 12:12 pm

Deadpool is more recognized as an X-Men character and has more history with them as the character since his creation has been intertwined with Cable
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 12:29 pm

That doesn't mean all of Deadpool's supporting characters are X-Men though.

Deadpool Game OXM Preview Deadpo13

Deadpool Game OXM Preview Deadpo12

Deadpool Game OXM Preview 0-dead10

Deadpool Game OXM Preview Cabdpl10

Deadpool Game OXM Preview Avsm2010
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 12:31 pm

Well Bob is in. When i think Deadpool i think Cable, Wolverine and Bob. I honestly don't care if they add more Marvel characters, the more the merrier. You were full of shit with the bullseye thing tho lol
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:06 pm

Deadpool Game OXM Preview Deadpo14

Deadpool Game OXM Preview 28613710

Deadpool Game OXM Preview 10285710

Deadpool Game OXM Preview Potty_10

Deadpool Game OXM Preview 11893510

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:09 pm

lol the first one is dadpool's imagination
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:19 pm

Nope, it was a flashback. I should know since I have the comic.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:23 pm

The game still looks bad.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 1:28 pm

I'm pretty sure Deadpool didn't wear that mask when he was a kid as he didn't enlist into weapon x until after his military career
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 1:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool Game OXM Preview   Deadpool Game OXM Preview I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deadpool Game OXM Preview
Page 1 of 1