Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle   InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:31 am

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/22/infamous-second-son-coughs-up-details-on-smoky-hero-seattle-se/

Quote :
Infamous Second Son puffs out details on smoky hero, Seattle setting
Sucker Punch announced Infamous: Second Son at this week's PlayStation 2013 event, following an intro by game director Nate Fox that can only be described as... disturbing. So can the electric series' latest entry live up to his intensity? Well, there's a ways to go yet before we'll find out - Sony hasn't revealed if Second Son will be at the PS4's launch - but Sucker Punch took to the PlayStation Blog to shine a bit more light on the game.

Second Son is set seven years after Infamous 2, and in Seattle - a real-life location as opposed to Empire City, which was based on New York. It stars 24-year-old Delsin Rowe, who Sucker Punch paints as a self-described underachiever. Whereas previous protagonist Cole McGrath was all about electricity, Rowe's superpowers, at least initially, revolve around smoke. That may not sound as badass as electric powers at first, but the game's debut trailer showed a smoked Rowe can whip up plenty of havoc.

As for Fox's (melo)dramatic intro, that was designed to underline the paranoia and restricted freedoms of Second Son's world in the wake of the last game's cataclysmic events. As you might expect, the prohibitory forces in charge and new hero Rowe aren't exactly best mates.

On a final gameplay note, Sucker Punch suggested we could see the return of good/evil choices as per previous games: "As with all games in this series," said producer Brian Fleming, "the path the gameplay and story take will depend on the decisions you make along the way."

:megusta:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle   InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:35 am

west coast is best coast

editing my post doesnt make it not true

Last edited by shigdig on Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle   InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:52 am

Interesting that they'd go with a real city this time. Given Delsin's smoke powers this time around, I'd've thought Los Angeles and its thick layer of smog would be the perfect setting.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle   InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:53 am

From an article on the official Sucker Punch website:

Delsin Rowe is the star of Second Son, and you probably know someone like him: A 24 year-old who is absolutely convinced he’s destined for greatness; though so far that greatness has managed to elude him. He grew up just outside Seattle, Washington, where his great – if accidental – calling comes crashing into his life. After rescuing occupants from a fiery bus wreck, he discovers that he suddenly has the ability to direct, manipulate and even transform into… Smoke. Could he have absorbed this power from one of the teenagers he pulled from the wreckage?

Setting the scene: It’s been 7 years since the Cole MacGrath episodes and the world has clearly changed. Anyone showing signs of being a so-called “bio-terrorist” is immediately handed over to the Department of Unified Protection (DUP) — a government agency created to ensure there is never a repeat of the catastrophic events of Empire City and New Marais. So Delsin, who has never been particularly respectful of authority, finds himself caught in the DUP dragnet... And decides he’s not going to go quietly.

Along the way, Delsin is going to ask questions that are not just relevant to the world of Second Son – but to the world we all live in today. A world where we are often instructed to surrender our freedoms to help improve our security. Benjamin Franklin once wrote “Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.” Is he right?

As you play Second Son, you’ll explore lots of Seattle’s familiar landmarks. As with all games in this series, the path that the gameplay and story take will depend on the decisions you make along the way.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle   InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:55 am

Yeah, the info has been there pretty much the whole time. I wonder why SP just put it up on their site and didn't actually SAY anything at the conference.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle   InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:55 am

I hope the choices wont be so cut and dry like the previous infamous games and try to provide some moral ambiguity instead of just black and white
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle   InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:57 am

Does anyone else think smoke powers are really lame? I mean I get it, they covered lightning, telekinesis, fire, ice, etc. already, but smoke? Instead of Ionic Storm do we just give them emphysema?
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle   InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 9:59 am

Nix: Burn baby BURN!
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle   InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:01 am

He could be like the smoke monster from Lost
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle   InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:04 am

Here's the problem with the story being set only seven years after inFAMOUS 2:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle   InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:21 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Razz im guessing theyll either go with

good- a few sooper heroes magically survived.

bad- alot of them where killed but a few survived aswell.

im calling it right now. cole appears in second son.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle   InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 10:44 am

shigdig wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I think it'll still be a great game with a solid story in its own right, but as part of the iF universe, it just doesn't fit. I mean, unless SP can find a really good way to explain things.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle   InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle I_icon_minitimeSat May 18, 2013 1:04 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
shigdig wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I think it'll still be a great game with a solid story in its own right, but as part of the iF universe, it just doesn't fit. I mean, unless SP can find a really good way to explain things.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle   InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

InFAMOUS Second Son to be based on Seattle
Page 1 of 1