Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Confirmed: PS4 will NOT block used games

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Confirmed: PS4 will NOT block used games R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Confirmed: PS4 will NOT block used games Empty
PostSubject: Confirmed: PS4 will NOT block used games   Confirmed: PS4 will NOT block used games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 1:37 am

Confirmed: PS4 will NOT block used games Ps4_314

Quote :
After weeks of speculation the PlayStation 4 has been revealed, and although most of the rumours were true there was one very important omission

“Used games can play on PS4,”Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida told Eurogamer.

“That’s the general expectation by consumers. They purchase physical form, they want to use it everywhere, right? So that’s my expectation,” he added.

Although the used-games-block has been touted for Sony several times, especially in the wake of an NFC patent, it’s really been persistent over on Microsoft’s side. The rumours hold so much sway that used game mogul GameStop keeps suffering share panic whenever they pop up again.

It’s probably safe to say that now that Sony’s definitely not blocking used games, for Microsoft to do so would be a grievous error.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: PS4 will NOT block used games   Confirmed: PS4 will NOT block used games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 3:45 am

Thank fucking god.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: PS4 will NOT block used games   Confirmed: PS4 will NOT block used games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:27 am

Good.

If Xbox 720 does, then I know which console I will be getting.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: PS4 will NOT block used games   Confirmed: PS4 will NOT block used games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:54 am

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Good.

If Xbox 720 does, then I know which console I will be getting.

it wont, i said it wouldn't happen when it was rumoured for ps4 and im saying it wont happen on xbox either, im telling you all these bullshit rumors trying to hurt each company are silly little attempts
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: PS4 will NOT block used games   Confirmed: PS4 will NOT block used games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 2:10 pm

Yea, Microsoft is not that stupid.

Edit: Moved to PS4 section.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: PS4 will NOT block used games   Confirmed: PS4 will NOT block used games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confirmed: PS4 will NOT block used games
Page 1 of 1