Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks Empty
PostSubject: PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks   PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 6:17 pm

PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks Original
Quote :
Last week, we told you about a Wall Street Journal report that indicated PlayStation 4 will stream games, at least in the form of PlayStation 3 titles. Today, the Wall Street Journal has more to say about that, as well as PS4’s pronounced interactivity with social networks.

In terms of Gaikai, WSJ says this:

Since the acquisition [of Gaikai in July of 2012 for $380 million], Sony has been investing heavily to prepare Gaikai’s technology to enhance its new console, the people familiar with Sony’s plans said. Sony has been preparing the technology to be used to allow users to play current PlayStation 3 games on the device, making a broader array of titles available at the outset, these people said. The new device is also expected to play new games stored on optical discs.

This is in line with what we heard about a few days ago, except it basically confirms what we had already assumed: the major purchase of Gaikai was executed specifically to “enhance” the PlayStation 4 (or whatever Sony’s next PlayStation will be called).

But there’s more interesting news. Wall Street Journal’s sources indicate that PS4 will interact heavily with social services, and will allow direct video upload to YouTube, straight from the console. You may even be able to "compete" with players on other hardware, though what that specifically means remains to be seen.

The new PlayStation also will allow players to share achievements on social networks through smoother links to Facebook or Twitter, while also enabling aspects such as sharing footage of game play online through YouTube, people familiar with Sony’s plans said. Sony’s new console may also allow users to compete against others using different hardware, such as smartphones and other portable devices, those people said.

Interestingly, WSJ notes that Microsoft -- Sony’s competitor in the next-gen console gaming space -- is taking a different tact.

Microsoft, while it has tested cloud gaming, is putting greater emphasis on software that allows the Xbox to interact with mobile devices like Apple’s iPad. The company is also planning to create new interactive TV content to be played on its consoles, after opening up a new production studio in Southern California.

The expected reveal of PlayStation 4 will occur on Wednesday, February 20th in New York City. IGN will be in attendance, and you can watch our full PS4 reveal live stream to get in on the action before, during and after the event.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/18/report-ps4-heavily-integrated-with-gaikai-youtube-social-networks?abthid=5122918d2fe21f0c48000089
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks   PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 6:21 pm

Hopefully, Spider-Man swings by.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks   PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:37 pm

I'm gonnna lol so hard if tomorrow's announcement is "SUPER SUPER SLIM PS3, NOW WITH NO USB PORTS. COMING SOON"
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks   PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:42 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
I'm gonnna lol so hard if tomorrow's announcement is "SUPER SUPER SLIM PS3, NOW WITH NO USB PORTS. COMING SOON"
Plus no backwards compatibility with PS3 games released before 2008. You can buy them in collections instead.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks   PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:03 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
Plus no backwards compatibility with PS3 games released before 2008. You can buy them in collections instead.

Sony did something like this for the PS2. Newer PS2 models can't read PS2 games printed on "blue" DVDs.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks   PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:11 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:

Sony did something like this for the PS2. Newer PS2 models can't read PS2 games printed on "blue" DVDs.
That's . . . wow. I judge DVDs not by the color of their plastic, but by the content of their character.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks   PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 11:57 am

I believe those blue DVDS were actually CD based PS2 games.

Also, I did not know about that....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks   PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS4 Heavily Integrated With Gaikai, YouTube, Social Networks
Page 1 of 1