Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games

Go down 
+3
Bluenose
Jack the Spectre
RamboOnRedBull
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games Empty
PostSubject: Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games   Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Quote :
Last June, Sony purchased Gaikai, a company that can stream games — delivering them over the internet in real time from remote servers, by sending compressed video frames.

Now, The Wall Street Journal reports what many have suspected for months: Sony will use the service to stream games to the next PlayStation game console, which the company is widely expected to reveal on February 20th.

However, according to the publication, Sony won't necessarily use Gaikai to deliver brand-new games. Those will still be delivered on optical disc. Instead, the next PlayStation will bring existing PlayStation 3 games to the new system using the streaming technology.

http://n4g.com/news/1174782/playstation-4-will-stream-ps3-games-reports-wsj
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games   Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 8:38 pm

So that means it's not backwards-compatible and they want you to pay for your PS3 games all over again.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games   Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 8:51 pm

of course its not BC. ps4 doesnt have that cell chipz.

they will prob start porting PS3 collections to the PS4 in a few years.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games   Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:02 pm

Yea.... I think backwards compatibility has met its fate. I don't expect anymore of it, especially as the generations go by.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games   Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 1:23 pm

Just keep your PS3 fagets.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games   Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:31 pm

Mecha wrote:
Just keep your PS3 fagets.
Keep your mouth shut, how about that? I love you
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games   Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:36 pm

:Okay:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games   Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:37 pm

Teckno wrote:
Yea.... I think backwards compatibility has met its fate. I don't expect anymore of it, especially as the generations go by.

i wouldnt say that. the ps3 just fucked up the BC chain. well prob see BC in future PS consoles
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games 5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games   Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:40 pm

Well on the note of backwards compatibility, if the chips are from a different manufacturer then they won't really work, but you know about that already I am sure. However there was a situation with the original Xbox, the situation involved MS having to pay a royalty to NVIDIA every time they wanted to emulate an original game on the 360, hence the only partial BC.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games   Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 6:17 pm

It's a shame it won't have BC. I was hoping that the early models would have software emulation like the 60 GB PS3s.

I find it stupid that Sony wouldn't invest in BC. It would give many PS3 owners an incentive to go with the PS4 when they decide to jump into next-gen.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games   Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 6:25 pm

Like PS3 owners even buy their own games anyway. :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games   Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:19 pm

Mecha wrote:
Like PS3 owners even buy their own games anyway. :fuckthat:

I don't get what you're trying to imply. I bought all my games with my own money.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games   Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:25 pm

Then how come they still didn't make as much as Halo? Exactly.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games   Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:52 pm

Mecha wrote:
Then how come they still didn't make as much as Halo? Exactly.

If you're trying to troll you're doing a pretty bad job at it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games   Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Who's trollin? I'm just going by MLD's logic is all. Razz
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games   Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 2:06 pm

I'll just keep my PS3 this time around, unlike last time when I sold all my PS2 games once I got my PS3.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games   Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:32 pm

Moved to PS4 section.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games   Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Report: PS4 will Stream PS3 Games
Page 1 of 1