Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

skylanders top $1 billon

Go down 
+4
The Enkindler
2Sugoi2Die
Hydell
Mr Canai Spy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

skylanders top $1 billon Empty
PostSubject: skylanders top $1 billon   skylanders top $1 billon I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 12:52 am

Really impressive i think.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/250740/skylanders-franchise-smashes-1-billion/
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: skylanders top $1 billon   skylanders top $1 billon I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 12:57 am

I'm pretty sure my oldest nephew accounts for half of that. He has tons of slylanders stuff.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

skylanders top $1 billon StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: skylanders top $1 billon   skylanders top $1 billon I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 1:27 am

I thought the second game would have fail or maybe even half the success compared to the first. I notice how fast those figures sell as well. Most stores that stock those extra character figures sell pretty damn fast.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: skylanders top $1 billon   skylanders top $1 billon I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 3:07 am

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: skylanders top $1 billon   skylanders top $1 billon I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 12:50 pm

Akainu wrote:

This is kind of a dumb thing to post. It's a children's game, dude.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Greece

PostSubject: Re: skylanders top $1 billon   skylanders top $1 billon I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:24 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:

This is kind of a dumb thing to post. It's a children's game, dude.
I know, but the next time Activision ruins one of your favourite games and morphs it into a gimp that is like a board game, and discover that it sells like crazy, you'll understand...
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

skylanders top $1 billon 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: skylanders top $1 billon   skylanders top $1 billon I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:50 pm

So long as Activision cuts Spyro away from Skylanders, I'm OK with this. It's the toys that are the big money maker for Activision. And I guess i'm OK with this as long as they don't try a similar tactic aimed at us.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Greece

PostSubject: Re: skylanders top $1 billon   skylanders top $1 billon I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 2:57 pm

Chobo wrote:
So long as Activision cuts Spyro away from Skylanders, I'm OK with this. It's the toys that are the big money maker for Activision. And I guess i'm OK with this as long as they don't try a similar tactic aimed at us.
Knowing Bobby Kotick's love for money, they might try that similar tactic on us, unless of course some within that Publisher have big enough brains.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: skylanders top $1 billon   skylanders top $1 billon I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 5:16 pm

You know, originally I jumped on the bandwagon and hated on skylanders because it was going to ruin the Spyro series, but you know what I realized? The Spyro we knew and grew up with was already long dead. If I was a kid then I would have loved the new Skylander series, much as how I loved the original games on the PS1 as a kid. I hope that the kids of this generation will grow memories with the Skylander series just as I did with the original series. Great job and accomplishment from the developers!
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: skylanders top $1 billon   skylanders top $1 billon I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 5:23 pm

Im surprised Nintendo haven't tried something similar with Pokémon, could you imagine :Philosoraptor:
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

skylanders top $1 billon XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: skylanders top $1 billon   skylanders top $1 billon I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 7:15 pm

Skylanders isn't too bad. Inconsequential children's video gaming. I actually like the concept of sticking action figures on top of a pedestal to add them to the game. That's pretty cool, though I can imagine it being quite expensive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: skylanders top $1 billon   skylanders top $1 billon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

skylanders top $1 billon
Page 1 of 1