Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GameStop stock drops after Xbox 720 anti-used game report

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

GameStop stock drops after Xbox 720 anti-used game report R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

GameStop stock drops after Xbox 720 anti-used game report Empty
PostSubject: GameStop stock drops after Xbox 720 anti-used game report   GameStop stock drops after Xbox 720 anti-used game report I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 3:04 am

GameStop stock drops after Xbox 720 anti-used game report 17461310

Quote :
GameStop stock has taken a tumble following a report claiming the next-gen Xbox will tether games to individual consoles, effectively biting into the used game market. Shares prices had dropped a slow as $23.75 over the course of the day but as of close of business on the East Coast had recovered slightly to end up at $25.20. That’s a 6% drop, apparently. Used game sales accounted for 48% of the retailer’s gross profits in 2012, and it takes a smacking every time this rumour arises.

Thanks, CVG.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: GameStop stock drops after Xbox 720 anti-used game report   GameStop stock drops after Xbox 720 anti-used game report I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 3:46 am

I swear if Microsoft truly did this they would lose much more money than they would allowing used games, these companies are dense as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: GameStop stock drops after Xbox 720 anti-used game report   GameStop stock drops after Xbox 720 anti-used game report I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 2:17 pm

It could be possible Microsoft leaked this rumor on purpose just to see what kind of reaction it would get before actually doing it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: GameStop stock drops after Xbox 720 anti-used game report   GameStop stock drops after Xbox 720 anti-used game report I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 3:22 pm

This would literally kill the Xbox brand. Both retailers and consumers don't want this crap.
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

PostSubject: Re: GameStop stock drops after Xbox 720 anti-used game report   GameStop stock drops after Xbox 720 anti-used game report I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 4:12 pm

Well I'm sure glad daymon and I decided to build a pc instead of getting a xbox.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: GameStop stock drops after Xbox 720 anti-used game report   GameStop stock drops after Xbox 720 anti-used game report I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 5:09 pm

Explained this in other thread but this rumor came out months ago about ps4 too, simple fact is it will not happen on either console :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GameStop stock drops after Xbox 720 anti-used game report   GameStop stock drops after Xbox 720 anti-used game report I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GameStop stock drops after Xbox 720 anti-used game report
Page 1 of 1