Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The academy is at it again!

Go down 
+2
CleverCatchPhrase
Mecha
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The academy is at it again! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

The academy is at it again! Empty
PostSubject: The academy is at it again!   The academy is at it again! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 4:14 pm

How the fuck can you snub Ben Affleck for best director, yet still nominate Argo? The academy is at it again! 1443829230

Also where the hell is The Dark Knight Rises nomination for best cinematography and visuals? :jackie:
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

PostSubject: Re: The academy is at it again!   The academy is at it again! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:03 pm

Because Ben Affleck sucks at life.

Last edited by CleverCatchPhrase on Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

The academy is at it again! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: The academy is at it again!   The academy is at it again! I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:21 pm

No Ben Aflleck for Director, no Skyfall for best picture, no TDKRises for OST.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The academy is at it again! XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The academy is at it again!   The academy is at it again! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 6:40 am

Yeah, not nominating Ben Affleck was weird. Also, where is The Master for Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Original Screenplay? I was really hoping they'd nominate Dwight Henry for Best Supporting Actor for his great work in Beasts of the Southern Wild, as well as finally give Richard Gere an Oscar nomination for Best Actor for Arbitrage.

Who the hell would nominate The Dark Knight Rises for Best Original Score? It's the same generic Hans Zimmer soundtrack that all of Nolan's blockbusters have. Not bad, but hardly original.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The academy is at it again!   The academy is at it again! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 7:40 am

The sound track was the best in the trilogy, it's been highly praise and even nominated for a grammy. Not nominating it for an Oscar is just dumb.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

The academy is at it again! 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: The academy is at it again!   The academy is at it again! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 2:43 pm

Acadamy Awards = Irrelevant 4 Life
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: The academy is at it again!   The academy is at it again! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 2:51 pm

Seems to get anything good in the acadamy awards you either need to have a retarded main character or an American Patriotic film.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The academy is at it again! XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The academy is at it again!   The academy is at it again! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 10:34 pm

yonny616 wrote:
The sound track was the best in the trilogy, it's been highly praise and even nominated for a grammy. Not nominating it for an Oscar is just dumb.
Of course it was highly-praised. It's a Hans Zimmer score. And being nominated for a Grammy doesn't mean jack-shit, lol. It was a repetitive score, not too bad, definitely pounding and epic, but totally interchangeable with the other Batman films and Inception.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The academy is at it again!   The academy is at it again! I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Yeah, I know. Also I'm not saying he needed to win, just a simple nomination. Repetitive? Have you listened to it? I mean the full thing, not the film one where they loop certain parts. It's one of the best this year and the best score of the trilogy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The academy is at it again!   The academy is at it again! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The academy is at it again!
Page 1 of 1