Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which has the best upcoming games?

Go down 
+10
Based Sonji
CleverCatchPhrase
Stigma
Mecha
The Enkindler
yonny616
Jack the Spectre
RamboOnRedBull
Dam_Noir
Orc
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Which has better upcoming games
 3DS
 VITA
View results
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Which has the best upcoming games? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which has the best upcoming games?   Which has the best upcoming games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 4:26 pm

Stoney wrote:
Anyone remember back on the XBR forum, Lykos would make a shit load of "PSP is so much better than the DS" threads (paraphrase of course) ..... Which has the best upcoming games? - Page 2 725796345

Some kinda twilight zone irony here if I do say.

I don't see any irony. I still stand by what I said before. I won't say objectively that the PSP is superior to DS but I prefer it and will defend any rash criticisms directed towards it. And the difference is, the psp has like 600 games (and even more if you include Japanese games). Vita has closer to 60.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Which has the best upcoming games? - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Which has the best upcoming games?   Which has the best upcoming games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 4:59 pm

Yeah, shame on the less than a year old Vita for not having as many games as the 9 year old PSP.
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

PostSubject: Re: Which has the best upcoming games?   Which has the best upcoming games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:04 pm

Is that why you didn't rep me up steven?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Which has the best upcoming games?   Which has the best upcoming games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:06 pm

Stevey doesn't rep up ignorant people.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Which has the best upcoming games?   Which has the best upcoming games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 5:07 pm

3DS takes the cake.

Ace Attorney 5
Project X Zone
E.X. Troopers (If it gets released internationally)
Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney
Monster Hunter 3
Monster Hunter 4

That's just the Capcom games.

Animal Crossing New Leaf
Dragon Quest VII
Etrain Odyssey 4
Fantasy Life
Fire Emblem Awakening
Pokemon X and Y
Luigi's Mansion 2
Rune Factory 4
Bravely Default
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Which has the best upcoming games?   Which has the best upcoming games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 6:29 pm

Mecha wrote:
Yeah, shame on the less than a year old Vita for not having as many games as the 9 year old PSP.

Man it's hard to believe it's been a good 7/8 years since I got it.
But seriously dude, the XBR posts I made about PSP were done already several years into its lifespan. It's not about when the system came out. It's about which system has the most selection.

Mecha wrote:
Stevey doesn't rep up ignorant people.

That's why I don't rep up you :)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Which has the best upcoming games?   Which has the best upcoming games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 7:06 pm

Dude, you're criticising the Vita for having very few titles when its only been out for less than a year in the west. Yet I'm the ignorant one? Which has the best upcoming games? - Page 2 725796345
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Which has the best upcoming games?   Which has the best upcoming games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 7:50 am

Mecha wrote:
Dude, you're criticising the Vita for having very few titles when its only been out for less than a year in the west. Yet I'm the ignorant one? Which has the best upcoming games? - Page 2 725796345

Let's look at it this way then. If I had neither the 3DS or the VITA. Which one am I going to buy? Which has more games for me to play now? 3DS. Which has more in the pipeline for me to play? 3DS. Which has more titles by big companies and of big franchises? 3DS. Which has more titles by big companies of big franchises upcoming? 3DS. Which has a library with more exclusives? 3DS. Which has better backwards compatibility.... do I even need to consider this? 3DS.

So what has Vita got?

Some better graphics. Better screen resolution. Better online services.

I am not criticizing it, I am criticizing Vita fanboys who make statements that it is a better gaming system than 3DS when you have no proof of that whatsoever, especially when right now AND in the forseeable future, 3DS has more of everything. And therefore, more quality games.

Stop looking at this from a company perspective. You aren't Sony. You can't say "there's lots of potential for the future". Right now Vita is a train wreck because who in their right mind will say "well... 3DS has a hundred more quality games than Vita but Vita has better graphics on some games and I am eternally loyal to Sony and I will let them do me up the bum because I have faith that they will make the Vita awesome".
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Which has the best upcoming games?   Which has the best upcoming games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:21 am

The only time i've ever agreed with GeneralMLD on anything was when he once said "I've grown up and I feel like Nintendo hasn't grown up with me".

The first ever console I owned was the SNES followed soon after by the original Game Boy and I loved the pair of them immensely, at that point in time there was no better systems I could possibly wish to own. (although Nintendo pretty much had a monopoly in the handheld market at that point in time which undoubtedly would go on to help them in the present day)

The next system I owned was the original Playstation which I chose over the upcoming N64 which was made by the tried and tested Nintendo, even at the tender age of 9 it was becoming obvious my tastes in gaming were already developing into what they are today. A testament to this is the fact I consider LoZ: A Link to the Past on the SNES one of the best games ever yet I had little desire to play Ocarina of Time by the time it came out in 1998 especially when a month prior to it's release I had already played Metal Gear Solid, a game which had a plot more akin to a thrilling action movie than a video game, something another LoZ game simply couldn't compare with IMO.

I continued buying Nintendo's handheld systems with the GBC and later the GBA (but there still wasn't much in the way of an alternative at that point in time) but I suppose it's rather telling the only games I bought were LoZ: A Link to the Past and Donkey Kong Country, both of which were ports of the classic SNES games. (proving I have no problem with console ports coming to a handheld system Lykos)

By the time the PSP was released I've never looked back at Nintendo (with the exception of Smash Bros Melee & Brawl, Resident Evil Remake and MGS: The Twin Snakes) as I finally had a handheld which was far more suited to my gaming preferences and this trend has naturally continued with the Vita.

So my point in all of this is basically, the 3DS may have highly rated games coming out of it's ears but they do not interest me in the slighest, especially now that i'm an old cunt at the age of 26. However this change in gaming trends over time is not just unique to myself either as my 11 year old nephew who previously owned a DS isn't bothered about the 3DS because in his words "it's for kids".

I've never relied on a handheld system to be my main source of gaming (owning just 2 GBA games is rather telling in regards to that), I mainly tend to play it when I go abroad more often than not. Considering that, the Vita's raw horse power and it's similarity with it's console counterpart is far more important to me than a larger libary of games that I'll never even bother playing anyway. Plus as I said before out of all the the upcoming games coming out for both systems only Killzone: Mercenary interests me so it's obvious which has the better upcoming line-up IMO.

Besides one of the main reasons the Vita has suffered so much in terms of sales is because Sony have aimed the system towards western markets (of which I am a part of) and generally ignored the strongest market for handheld systems which is Japan. However Nintendo has done the complete opposite in their approach which is proving highly successful for them, however I have little desire to play another one of their rehashed 1st party exclusives or games from the JRPG style of gaming where male and female teenage characters always seem to have indistinguishable genders and perect complexions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Which has the best upcoming games?   Which has the best upcoming games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 9:57 am

I respect that Dam. And I would painfully have to agree with you in some respects. I can't get so much satisfaction from a lot of Nintendo first party titles these days. I only enjoy the titles to their full potential when I am playing multiplayer. The exceptions however are Pokemon, Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros. I disliked a lot of the DS titles like Professor Layton and Ace Attorney. You know I prefer console standard on a handheld, that's why I loved PSP.

But for me the Vita hasn't got enough yet to entice me overall, with third AND first party games. Certainly, it has great potential, the online services are far superior and the graphics are to die for and I am sure it will get some great titles in the future. The ones I really look forward to see how they turn out are the YS remake (if it's localized), maybe Killzone (I'm on the fence with FPS games) and definitely any open world RPG it might get. I'm sure the Vita has the potentia to run a game like Oblivion with lower texture detail. And honestly when that happens I know I will have to fork out the money to buy one. However for now what does the vita have that entices me....

Assassins Creed (and although I was joking with the "vita is for girls" thing, I must admit that a female protagonist kills the immersion a bit for me)... Oddworld Strangers Wrath and now I would have to say the MGS collection. On top of that LBP is a nice way to pass the time.

I will admit all these games are great, even if 2 are remakes and the other 2 are spin-offs of the console version. However 4 games doesn't make a system for me. You know why I liked PSP? Final Fantasy Crisis Core, Monster Hunter, Grand Theft Auto LCS (fuck that chinatown wars shit on ds), Tony Hawk's Underground 2 Remix, MGS Peace Walker, Syphon Filter, LBP, Kingdom Hearts, YS Seven, Kenka Bancho, GUN and loads of others.

What does Vita have of those franchises? It may get a final fantasy game, but doesn't have one yet. It's lost the Monster Hunter franchise to 3DS. It has no GTA game in the pipeline but either way my favourite is LCS, and I can bet if Vta gets any game it's San Andreas. Tony Hawk games are shit these days. Syphon Filter? Nope. Kingdom Hearts? No. YS? Not in the west ... at least yet. Kenka Bancho? Nope.

All it has that will appeal to me so far is MGS & LBP.

Now let's look at 3DS. Legend of Zelda Ocarina Of Time. A genuinely creepy Resident Evil. The best Mariokart game ever imo. A solid Kingdom hearts game. Metal Gear Solid, even if not as good as Vita. Monster Hunter. Then there's promise for Super Smash Bros. There's that Shin Megami Tensei game that looks Final Fantasyish and looks incredible. There's a 3D Dragon Quest game upcoming. There's a 3D Pokemon game upcoming (which I've been waiting for, for so long), and then there's both Animal Crossing and Fantasy Life to scratch that sim itch. It's like the 3DS is an evolution from PSP with the equivalent of its games library. You'd say otherwise because you enjoyed another caliber of games on PSP.

So yeah on the whole it's all opinions. I prefer 3DS and you prefer Vita and that's cool. I only shove ratings and stats down people's throats when they make a statement that Vita is better in terms of games library.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Which has the best upcoming games?   Which has the best upcoming games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 10:24 am

>Metal Gear Solid, even if not as good as Vita.

For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Which has the best upcoming games?   Which has the best upcoming games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 10:57 am

shigdig wrote:
>Metal Gear Solid, even if not as good as Vita.

For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo.

Just to clarify, I meant because Vita has the whole HD collection and 3DS has only one game Razz

To be honest the 3D makes a big difference for me though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which has the best upcoming games?   Which has the best upcoming games? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which has the best upcoming games?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2