Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes Empty
PostSubject: Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes   Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:58 am

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W_PoL-dXf0
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes   Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 9:27 am

Oh look a film has plot holes..... that's never happened before. :fuckthat: We get it Tahmidk, you hate TDKRises. No need to make a billion threads. I also think you're going to hate Man of Steel. Also Kevin Smith? Really? The guy who said Star Wars Ep. III was better than Ep. V? Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes 725796345
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes   Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:01 am

Why even fucking bother posting when u haven't watched the video? Yes I hate tdkr which is why I said it's a good film, thanks for the fucking super genius logic bro.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes   Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:25 am

I've seen the video, why watch it again? It's him nitpicking, while some of what he says are plot holes, it mostly consist of him nitpicking the film. I've never seen you compliment the film, mostly bash it. I do have super genius logic, thanks for noticing that. I love you
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes   Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:31 am

Kevin Smith also likes The Avengers better than The Dark Knight Rises...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=71098

While I'm not a big fan of Kevin Smith as I was years ago, I fully understand where he's coming from here.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes   Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 11:00 am

yonny616 wrote:
I've seen the video, why watch it again? It's him nitpicking, while some of what he says are plot holes, it mostly consist of him nitpicking the film. I've never seen you compliment the film, mostly bash it. I do have super genius logic, thanks for noticing that. I love you

There are some pretty glaring fucking huge plotholes though, the whole orphan wink thing was retarded was Bruce just fucking giving.up for 8 years and the whole Harvey dent thing. He listed a bunch mor as well. I actually got Rises and the entire Nolan trilogy if.it appeases your Nolan fanboy rage, you act as of the huge plotholes and stupid shit in the film is nitpicking or comic book elitist. Don't even get me started on the identity and Alfred ending bullshit! I usually like your posts and would have sex with you, but you're being a big smelly willy Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes 2505020059
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes   Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 1:16 pm

Okay list some plot holes. I'm sure some are exlpainable, while others aren't. Not saying the film is perfect but you can explain why it happened. I like your post too, wouldn't have sex with you, but still. It just seems like your mad because Nolan took liberties to create his Batman. Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes 3128676713
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes   Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 2:23 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Okay list some plot holes. I'm sure some are exlpainable, while others aren't. Not saying the film is perfect but you can explain why it happened. I like your post too, wouldn't have sex with you, but still. It just seems like your mad because Nolan took liberties to create his Batman. Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes 3128676713
why do I need to type up all the plotholes when they're all in the video?
I'll list a few
How the fuck did Blake figure out Bruce was batman from some shitty wink?
How did Gordon not fucking figure this shit out?
Why didn't batman give Alfred a call or warn him, instead of causing him to go through all that shit, and did Alfred just have a funny feeling to go visit the Italian place?
Bruce was batman for what, like a month and then quits for 8 years over a girl? He then decides to come back when someone steals his shit? That's not batman, it's a selfish little pussy prick with the same level of unstable emotions and bitchiness as Kendo!
How did batman get away from the nuke in time? At the very minimum he was exposed to huge levels of radiation, which didn't seem to bother him when he's chilling in Italy, hell he should be all fucked up.
Also the nuke exploding that close to Gotham had no effects? Really?
The rest of the stuff should be in the video as well as my points more in depth
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes   Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 3:48 pm

tahmidk wrote:
I'll list a few
This is clearly misinterpreted. Blake isn't saying he saw his eyes and bam! Batman. He's basically saying that he saw through the playboy act, that's why he says that he had to teach himself how to a fake smile, like what Bruce was doing.

Figure what out Exactly?

Why didn't batman give Alfred a call or warn him, instead of causing him to go through all that shit, and did Alfred just have a funny feeling to go visit the Italian place?
He probably did call Alfred but after the events and it wasn't shown.

Bruce was batman for what, like a month and then quits for 8 years over a girl? He then decides to come back when someone steals his shit? That's not batman, it's a selfish little pussy prick with the same level of unstable emotions and bitchiness as Kendo!
He was Batman for a 1year and a couple months. He was gone for 8 years because the love of his life dies and he must feel like shit, he was most wanted in Gotham, and Gotham didn't really need him with the dent act in order. He comes back because of Bane, not because they stole his moms pearls (which he got at the ball as Bruce) and fingerprints.

How did batman get away from the nuke in time? At the very minimum he was exposed to huge levels of radiation, which didn't seem to bother him when he's chilling in Italy, hell he should be all fucked up. Also the nuke exploding that close to Gotham had no effects? Really?

He's Batman! 8) He could have gotten to or near the 6 mile radius hit the eject button while auto-pilot did the rest and Batman survived. At one point you can't even see the bat so it's debatable whether he ejected or not.
We aren't really told how the bomb works or if it even has enough power for a fallout. Only thing we're actually told is that it's a fusion/nuetron bomb with a 6 mile radius, most nukes have at least 20 miles. Plus don't nuetron bombs use most of the radiation in the blast. So less miles of fallout. Hell, turning a reactor into a bomb is a stretch in-itself.

I know, but the video is 1 hour 30 mins. So I'd rather not watch again.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes   Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 3:55 pm

tahmidk wrote:

It's a film. Shit like that happens & you just have to accept it - that's not a plothole either.

tahmidk wrote:

Wouldn't be very dramatic to have Gordon realise he was the bat at Begins now would we.

tahmidk wrote:
Bruce was batman for what, like a month and then quits for 8 years over a girl?
Actually he pushes the entire mob to the limits, cleaning the streets between Begins and The Dark Knight. Roughly 1 year, was never really explained. Why do you think he was going to leave Gotham to Dent... why ? because the bat wasn't needed i.e he'd done his job.

tahmidk wrote:
How did batman get away from the nuke in time?

Why is this still even debated ? If you actually watched the movie, it was clearly explained that the batcopter autopilot was fixed i.e he could've sent it anywhere and bailed out off the coast.

tahmidk wrote:
Also the nuke exploding that close to Gotham had no effects? Really?
Depends on the size of the nuke and alot of variables like wind etc they never went into detail.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes   Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 4:34 pm

>Kevin Smith
>Over 90 minutes
>:fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes   Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 4:48 pm

Ok im confused as shit. How was he batman for a year? Doesnt TDK take place directly after begins?
Also they said organised crime was stopped, what about lone muggers, murderers, rapists, thieves and murderers? Well u know who cares, certainly not batman.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes   Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 5:17 pm

tahmidk wrote:
How did batman get away from the nuke in time?

Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes Bm_cv710

Because he's goddamn Batman that's why.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes   Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:42 pm

tahmidk wrote:
Ok im confused as shit. How was he batman for a year? Doesnt TDK take place directly after begins?
Also they said organised crime was stopped, what about lone muggers, murderers, rapists, thieves and murderers? Well u know who cares, certainly not batman.
Nope it was 1 year and couple months. When Joker first talks with the mob in their "group therapy sessions" he says "Lets turn the clocks back a year". The dent act took care of all that. That's why Blake says "soon we'll be hunting down overdue library books".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes   Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kevin Smith: Dark Knight Rises plot holes
Page 1 of 1