Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide

Go down 
+4
Mikenuge
Bluenose
Mecha
RamboOnRedBull
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide Empty
PostSubject: PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide   PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 1:11 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/16/ps3-sales-hit-70-million-worldwide

Quote :
Sony Computer Entertainment has today announced PlayStation 3 sales have hit 70 million units worldwide as of November 4, 2012. The figure was reached just under six years after the platform launched in 2006.

Sony has also announced that sales of the PlayStation Move motion controller exceeded 15 million units worldwide as of November 11. Software sales have hit 595 million units sold worldwide.

Of particular interest is the fact that, based on these figures, sales of the PlayStation 3 appear to be only narrowly off those of the Xbox 360. It was revealed last month via Microsoft’s latest earnings report sales of the Xbox 360 had eclipsed 70 million units

The Gap between this and the Xbox will probably close next year.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide   PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 1:39 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Never heard that one before.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide   PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 1:47 pm

Either way all three consoles this gen have sold incredible even if they haven't always made a profit. I look very forward to what will happen next gen.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide   PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 3:50 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide   PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 4:22 pm

Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide   PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 6:21 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

:Okay:
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide   PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 10:15 am

MLD preparing dat damage control.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide   PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 10:36 am

Kirby wrote:
MLD preparing dat damage control.
"You're still da bitch of da industry, Halo 4 slapped PS3 in November, blah, blah, blah" That's MLD for ya.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide   PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 11:17 am

It's funny because Halo is the only thing that actually sells. Xbox 360 games selling better than PS3s is a bunch of bullshit, and I have proven this years ago. Notice how every time PS3 games does sell, MLD always brings up Halo. Always hiding the fact that a lot of the Xbox 360 games flop as well. But when one or two PS3 games flop, all of a sudden we don't buy our games. That's MLD's logic for you.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide   PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 11:22 am

Well seeing as this is very close the the end of this gaming generation, its still sad to see that PS3 has not surpassed the 360 in sales. oh well, thats what you get for being a third place b*tch
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide   PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 11:38 am

Mecha wrote:
It's funny because Halo is the only thing that actually sells. Xbox 360 games selling better than PS3s is a bunch of bullshit, and I have proven this years ago. Notice how every time PS3 games does sell, MLD always brings up Halo. Always hiding the fact that a lot of the Xbox 360 games flop as well. But when one or two PS3 games flop, all of a sudden we don't buy our games. That's MLD's logic for you.

By that logic only GT5 sold well on PS3. PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide 725796345

Gears of War 2 is over 6 million.
Gears of War 3 is around 5 million in about a year.
Forza Motorsport 3 is over 5 million.
Fable III is close to 5 million as well, and Fable II stands at 4+ million.

But again, PS3 games (Despite what MLD says) also sell really well.

LittleBigPlanet is over 5 million.
God of War III is over 4 million
Uncharted 2 is over 5 million.
Uncharted 3 is close to 5 million as well.

Both console's games sell well. The same counts for multiplats as well. While Skyrim is around 6.50 million+ on Xbox and 4.20 million+ on PS3, Batman: Arkham Asylum is 3.50 million on PS3 and around 2.80 million on Xbox.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide   PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 11:46 am

MLD is a dumbass canadian. His arguments are terrible and easy to own.

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide   PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 11:49 am

I was going by MLD's logic. If he thinks PS3 games are flops than Halo is the only thing that sells. Even though Halo 4 is a flop because its a double A game. I'm using MLD's logic of course.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide   PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:25 pm

MLD is irrelevant and invalid.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide   PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS3 Sales Hit 70 million Worldwide
Page 1 of 1