Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer Empty
PostSubject: David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer   David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 3:18 pm

David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer David-10

Quote :
The Fight Club and upcoming 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea director is shepherding a two-minute launch trailer for the November 6th release, with frequent collaborator Tim Miller on as director.

The short, which will make its debut next week on Late Night With Jimmy Fallon, will subsequently be available on Halo Waypoint and the Halo 4 YouTube channel.

Directed by visual effects pro Tim Miller (he worked with Fincher on the The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo remake and Edgar Wright on Scott Pilgrim vs. The World), the short is titled "Scanned." The Prague-shot piece will dig into the Master Chief's backstory, and presumably set up the action for the game.

343 Industries' Frank O'Connor weighs in: “[Fincher and Miller's] involvement is a testament to the significance of ‘Halo’ as a pop culture touchstone, and we think fans are going to be blown away when they see the final piece.”

No word on who'll be behind the mask or voicing the Chief here.

Between this and the five-part Forward Unto Dawn, do you think 343 Industries and Microsoft might finally be able to get enough heat behind a full-length, live-action film? The cost was reportedly one of the main things keeping the project stalled out a few years back, but the technology is only getting better and the some savvy effects people can bring in some of the digital elements on the cheap-ish. Typically, your cast will eat up a huge chunk of the cost, but franchises have been launched on the faces of unknowns (just get Liam Neeson in there as a surly UNSC captain or something and you've got your star appeal--or maybe not).

Source: MTV
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer   David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 3:45 pm

They really are going all out for Halo 4, aren't they.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer   David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 4:39 pm

So wait, will this be a cinematic launch trailer using in-game cutscenes and dialogie like most launch trailers?

Or is it a live action?
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer   David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 5:31 pm

Halo prints $$$$$$$
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer   David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 7:58 pm

The live action Halo trailers always suck.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer   David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:30 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:

You suck
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer   David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 9:31 pm

Zeratul wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

You suck
Not as much as the live action Halo trailers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer   David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David Fincher to produce a new Halo 4 trailer
Page 1 of 1