Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Advertising Ideas

Go down 
+3
TheJubJub5721
Hydell
Based Sonji
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

Advertising Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Advertising Ideas   Advertising Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:42 pm

Me, TRF, and Reaper were talking about getting the ''G7'' name into the mouths of gamers.

TRF listed some ideas that I think we should work on. Here goes:

Purchasing a Domain - This isn't just a name. This is a full blown domain. TRF maintains his domain over at MAGJournal for $1.99 a month. It allows us to use forum software other than phpBB. It also lets us use custom plugins to help enhance the site. Maybe we can all cough up some spare change. We have enough members to do this, so why not. (We do have to keep a contract, however.)

Google Advertisement - This comes with the above statement, which will hopefully help us dramatically.

Free Advertisement - Most of you go to high school. Get the site into the mouth of your classmates who are gamers as well.

Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

Advertising Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising Ideas   Advertising Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:45 pm

Now guys, $1.99 per month between like 80 members is nothing, so actually consider it.

Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

Advertising Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising Ideas   Advertising Ideas I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 11:49 pm

The only problem is, some members don't have credit cards. DONATIONS CAN BE MADE VIA CELL PHONE.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

Advertising Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising Ideas   Advertising Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 12:58 am

Via cell phone? How?

And I can cough up a couple bucks no problem. I do make money for free through adsense 8)

And I got a few kids I know who would probably join.

EDIT: Also I thought of for those who donate, they should be listed as premium users, much like forums such as TKOH and such. And who would manage the domain?
Back to top Go down
UltraZFury
Merchant
Merchant
UltraZFury

Stature : 1
Australia
Playing : Maxed out

Advertising Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising Ideas   Advertising Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 2:24 am

If you get a domain and better software such as iPB/vBulletin then I will suggest it to more of my friends. The reason they don't wanna join is because they say forumotion is unstable. (Probably a lie)
Back to top Go down
http://ultrazfury.cz.cc
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Advertising Ideas XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Advertising Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising Ideas   Advertising Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 7:08 am

Forumotion IS unstable. When you've got a site that's hosting thousands of other subdomains, you can't really expect much else.

If Forumotion goes down, Gen7 does down.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

Advertising Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising Ideas   Advertising Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:34 pm

We Need a PayPal or something to give money too
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

Advertising Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising Ideas   Advertising Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 3:36 pm

Franko wrote:
We Need a PayPal or something to give money too

I'll get on that, bro.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Advertising Ideas Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

Advertising Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising Ideas   Advertising Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 7:54 pm

Wait, donations through cell phone? How?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

Advertising Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising Ideas   Advertising Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:33 pm

I found a website that allows us to do this (much like PayPal). I'll get on it once I get home.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Advertising Ideas Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

Advertising Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising Ideas   Advertising Ideas I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 16, 2011 8:38 pm

Cool, cause I for one do not have a credit card.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

Advertising Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising Ideas   Advertising Ideas I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 1:23 am

Is there a point in having "premium members" right now?

Because it wont offer you anything that regular members get, unless we plan to do some giveaways..
Back to top Go down
UltraZFury
Merchant
Merchant
UltraZFury

Stature : 1
Australia
Playing : Maxed out

Advertising Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising Ideas   Advertising Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:25 pm

Reaper wrote:
Is there a point in having "premium members" right now?

Because it wont offer you anything that regular members get, unless we plan to do some giveaways..

And who would be doing the giveaways?
Back to top Go down
http://ultrazfury.cz.cc
Anonymous

Advertising Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising Ideas   Advertising Ideas I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:35 pm

I could ask some friends from school of me. But they are either massive 360 fanboys, non gamers or to retarded to understand or speak english language. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Advertising Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising Ideas   Advertising Ideas I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advertising Ideas
Page 1 of 1