Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bully is Rockstar's best game

Go down 
+14
Mecha
CleverCatchPhrase
Quitelikeican
2Sugoi2Die
Stoney
Archduke
Chobo
Hydell
Based Sonji
NoelX2
Franko
RamboOnRedBull
Jack the Spectre
Orc
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:14 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Bully is only unique in its setting. Other than that, it's pretty bland and generic. Also lol @ "GTA3 ripped off Driver" . . . just lol.

Whether it was ripped off or not is irrelevant. Driver came first. It did pretty much what gta did first. I'm sure rockstar took some notes from Driver.

And well, not really just the setting. The combat has been done before, yes, but the setting ALTERS the gameplay and offers gameplay possibilities that would be out of place in other games. Like sticking kick-me signs on people, flushing peoples heads down the toilet, shoving people into lockers, using slingshots, driving go-karts, going to or skipping lessons, avoiding teachers and prefects or getting on their bad side, pranking people and stuff... the setting has not really been done before and as a result the gameplay feels fresh (Kenka Bancho exists, sure, but that was just a beat-em-up game with school kids as characters and the actual school and setting doesn't affect the gameplay really).

Bland and generic? Really? Oh do give examples, and don't pull that Hulk stuff on me again where you say "actors, cinematography, narrative" or whatever. You need more than examples or points but also REASONS.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:25 am

Typical Lykos thread...

My personal favourites are GTA: Vice City & Red Dead Redemption, but you are entitled to disagree with me and I won't force my opinion down your throat.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 10:59 am

Dam_Noir wrote:
and I won't force my
Spoiler:
down your throat.

:amazing:

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:20 am

I don't know how it works in the UK, but Bully is a kids game here in the US. Evey time one of my friends plays the game we laugh. So we gave away Bully to a kindergarten school for the children to play, and got Red Dead instead. My friend finally became a man that day.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 12:42 pm

Lykos wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
Bully is only unique in its setting. Other than that, it's pretty bland and generic. Also lol @ "GTA3 ripped off Driver" . . . just lol.

Whether it was ripped off or not is irrelevant. Driver came first. It did pretty much what gta did first. I'm sure rockstar took some notes from Driver.

And well, not really just the setting. The combat has been done before, yes, but the setting ALTERS the gameplay and offers gameplay possibilities that would be out of place in other games. Like sticking kick-me signs on people, flushing peoples heads down the toilet, shoving people into lockers, using slingshots, driving go-karts, going to or skipping lessons, avoiding teachers and prefects or getting on their bad side, pranking people and stuff... the setting has not really been done before and as a result the gameplay feels fresh (Kenka Bancho exists, sure, but that was just a beat-em-up game with school kids as characters and the actual school and setting doesn't affect the gameplay really).

Bland and generic? Really? Oh do give examples, and don't pull that Hulk stuff on me again where you say "actors, cinematography, narrative" or whatever. You need more than examples or points but also REASONS.
lol. Kick-me signs? Flushing heads down toilets? Shoving people into lockers? That constitutes new gameplay to you? Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 457301478
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:17 pm

^^

Might as well say that the paramedic missions and cop missions in GTA were INNOVATIVES.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 5:35 pm

yo gaiz dat new assassins creed with the chick assassin is innvativ gamplay cuz ur changin tampons all da tiem
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:02 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Lykos wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:

lol. Kick-me signs? Flushing heads down toilets? Shoving people into lockers? That constitutes new gameplay to you? Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 457301478

If theres not been a single game to do that before then yes, its new.
I gave only a few examples but the game is full of varied interaction and freedoms that gta fails to offer. The only reason someone would not find the game fun is if they were victims of this kind of bullying themselves.
Anyone that has completed it will tell you it's a great game. But if blood, shallow gameplay, guns and cars mean so much to you that youll ignore amazing gameplay then by all means continue to assume Bully isn't a great game and play your mediocre gta.

Also about 40 critics gave it 9/10 and above. Try telling me it's a bad game.
Quote :
The best games -- games like Bully -- don't concern themselves with technical perfection. They just push headlong into new places and new ideas, leaving behind the ranks of unimaginative, spit-polished safe bets. Bully takes chances, and the gamble pays off big.

Quote :
Years from now, Bully will stand up on any 'best of PS2 list', Jimmy Hopkins will still reign as the coolest kid in school

Quote :
The key to enjoying the game really is getting the hang of how the game works and then getting those beefier missions rolling. Bully truly is one of the better games to come out of Rockstar in quite awhile.

Quote :
If there is anything that can be learned from Bully, it is how a good RPG should be designed. It captures an atmosphere, gives you characters you can approach with some emotion

Quote :
Rockstar has created one of the most original and fun titles on the PlayStation 2.

Quote :
Bully is a masterpiece in all aspects of the word and in my book, fully worth of at least one sequel.

Quote :
A more focused game than the GTA series and you're more likely to plough ahead and actually get somewhere with the story. Those of you who found the scale of San Andreas a little bewildering and ultimately off-putting will find a challenge here more to your liking.

Quote :
One of those rare treats that ignores the hype to bring us a truly entertaining adventure game that immerses players into its detailed world. It is a fresh and inventive game that, much like its main protagonist, is outright charming.

Quote :

Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
It takes that same GTA structure but gives it a fresh setting and story that's focused to a much more manageable size

Quote :
With a compelling story, unique approach, and strong gameplay you can't go wrong with Bully.

Quote :
Bully's a fresh breath of air in a stagnating game market -- complete with cool art direction, a great soundtrack, a tongue-in-cheek sense of humor and a gameplay mechanic that's new

Quote :
Coming off of a long session of playing Bully, you could easily feel like that time was spent with a GTA title. But whereas the countless knockoffs have simply tried to recreate that experience, Bully has taken the genre and used it in a completely different mold; it's this extremely fresh take on things that makes it so much fun.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:27 pm

If we're going based on reviews, then every mainstream bloody and generic GTA game since Grand Theft Auto III is leaps better than Bully. Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 725796345
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Oh lawd. The ignorance.

Look at the red marked bits
(though I did include some positive reviews because they enforce my point that the game is in fact fucking amazing).
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:45 pm

So? The red bits are just proof that there are more idiots like you out in the world.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:47 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
So? The red bits are just proof that there are more idiots like you out in the world.

Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 Tumblr_lexuq6Y8UU1qa962o
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 6:55 pm

Cracked me up ! Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 725796345
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 11:38 pm

[quote="Lykos"][quote="TheCinemaJack"][quote="Lykos"]
TheCinemaJack wrote:

Also about 40 critics gave it 9/10 and above. Try telling me it's a bad game.
Quote :
The best games -- games like Bully -- don't concern themselves with technical perfection. They just push headlong into new places and new ideas, leaving behind the ranks of unimaginative, spit-polished safe bets. Bully takes chances, and the gamble pays off big.

Quote :
Years from now, Bully will stand up on any 'best of PS2 list', Jimmy Hopkins will still reign as the coolest kid in school

Quote :
The key to enjoying the game really is getting the hang of how the game works and then getting those beefier missions rolling. Bully truly is one of the better games to come out of Rockstar in quite awhile.

Quote :
If there is anything that can be learned from Bully, it is how a good RPG should be designed. It captures an atmosphere, gives you characters you can approach with some emotion

Quote :
Rockstar has created one of the most original and fun titles on the PlayStation 2.

Quote :
Bully is a masterpiece in all aspects of the word and in my book, fully worth of at least one sequel.

Quote :
A more focused game than the GTA series and you're more likely to plough ahead and actually get somewhere with the story. Those of you who found the scale of San Andreas a little bewildering and ultimately off-putting will find a challenge here more to your liking.

Quote :
One of those rare treats that ignores the hype to bring us a truly entertaining adventure game that immerses players into its detailed world. It is a fresh and inventive game that, much like its main protagonist, is outright charming.

Quote :

Official U.S. Playstation Magazine
It takes that same GTA structure but gives it a fresh setting and story that's focused to a much more manageable size

Quote :
With a compelling story, unique approach, and strong gameplay you can't go wrong with Bully.

Quote :
Bully's a fresh breath of air in a stagnating game market -- complete with cool art direction, a great soundtrack, a tongue-in-cheek sense of humor and a gameplay mechanic that's new

Quote :
Coming off of a long session of playing Bully, you could easily feel like that time was spent with a GTA title. But whereas the countless knockoffs have simply tried to recreate that experience, Bully has taken the genre and used it in a completely different mold; it's this extremely fresh take on things that makes it so much fun.

Uncharted 2 got like 40 perfect scores. Best game of this generation amirite?

You can't even count how many critics called Uncharted 2 a masterpiece and an innovative creation.
Back to top Go down
CleverCatchPhrase
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss

Stature : 40

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:55 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
CCP has a vagina and also likes Bully. We can conclude that Bully is a casual game. Case dismissed.

Two words, love:
Fuck You
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 6:06 am

Uncharted was somewhat innovative as a whole.....like its like a tomb raider or Indiana jones game but it plays differently. Problem was it was a pile of dog shit.
So yeah critics we're half right.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 8:34 am

CleverCatchPhrase wrote:
TheCinemaJack wrote:
CCP has a vagina and also likes Bully. We can conclude that Bully is a casual game. Case dismissed.

Two words, love:
Fuck You

Four words

Make me a sandwich.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 10:45 am

Lykos wrote:
Uncharted was somewhat innovative as a whole.....like its like a tomb raider or Indiana jones game but it plays differently. Problem was it was a pile of dog shit.

Same can be said about Bully, no?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:36 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
Lykos wrote:

Same can be said about Bully, no?

Well Uncharted is a stupid example because it's entirely unrelated.

Bully is more innovative than GTA, despite what people here claim. I gave multiple examples where critics have called Bully unique and a breath of fresh air whereas you'd be hard pressed to find any that say the same for GTA, which is exactly the point right now.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:47 am

^^

I used Uncharted because I know that you do not like the game, then go ahead to use reviews as "proof" that Bully is a good game.

"Most critics gave the game a 9/10. Try telling me it's a bad game."
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:26 pm

Lykos is pulling an MLD. Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 725796345
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 12:46 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

I used Uncharted because I know that you do not like the game, then go ahead to use reviews as "proof" that Bully is a good game.

"Most critics gave the game a 9/10. Try telling me it's a bad game."

Yes but Uncharted being shit is my opinion entirely. I can dislike a game even though it has received good ratings, the difference is I make my argument with reasoning.

I gave reasoning as to why Bully is a good game and claimed it is unique. People denied it, so I used reviews to show that I am not the only one who realized it.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:03 pm

Us thinking it is shit is our opinion entirely. I can show reviews to show that we are not the only ones who think Uncharted 2 is awesome.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:20 pm

Indeed but whether it's unique or innovative isn't so much opinion, but more a general fact.

Edit: Before you deny it, the concept and gameplay style hasn't been done before, therefore it's new and innovative. Several people in this thread have already denied it being unique but no one's given a single example of a game similar to it.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 2:35 pm

^^

Have there been games before GTA that allowed you to step into the role of a criminal, steal an ambulance, and proceed to rescue injured civilians or step into a fire truck and put out a fire?

YOUR SIGNATURE IS MAKING ME WANT TO PLAY POKEMON. STOP IT x_x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bully is Rockstar's best game   Bully is Rockstar's best game - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bully is Rockstar's best game
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next