Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Post your Comic Collection/s

Go down 
+3
NoelX2
Stoney
Orc
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Post your Comic Collection/s Empty
PostSubject: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:36 pm

To celebrate the awesomeness of this new comic section post photos of your collections and such. Here is mine. Caution: might bore you.

Post your Comic Collection/s XGLQL
This is the area where I keep all my comics

On the table in the red folder I keep my Spawn and Darkness comics (and a Hulk comic & Graphic novel on display)
Post your Comic Collection/s F4HJ3
Post your Comic Collection/s TCaEb

The top drawer is full of just Hulk comics (Its not even all of them, like I said theres some on the table, and there is also some in the FILA box)
Post your Comic Collection/s VOM57

The next drawer contains 2 folders

Post your Comic Collection/s LMwWG
The first contains marvel comics, spider-man comics in particular (from untold tales, astonishing, amazing, spectacular, ultimate, friendly neigborhood, etc)
Post your Comic Collection/s EK7Vo

and a lot of retro marvel comics
Post your Comic Collection/s YpSMP

The next folder contains most of my DC and Image comics (aside from spawn and darkness)
[img][/img]Post your Comic Collection/s BPv44
I had a few Batmans and Supermans but gave most of them to JayMoore.
Post your Comic Collection/s NJfbN

That FILA box is filled to the top with comics. I keep all the independent comics and basically one-off comics I have (like if I have less than 6 from that particular publishing company)
Post your Comic Collection/s VffJU

I also keep in there new comics that I've not yet read so I have easy access to them when I get a chance to read em.
Post your Comic Collection/s 7ldXB

And lastly in that black folder I keep graphic novels (including a big spiderman one) and thicker comic books.
Post your Comic Collection/s 8FzKU
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:43 pm

No one can see your links bar the mods, just fyi.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:47 pm

^
LOL!

just realized now that I can't see signatures or anything.

What is the reason for this?
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 12:52 pm

Possibly because it's on a new sub-forum.

Anyways, I have...

Deadpool Classic 1-6
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:56 pm

i shall post later today, great comic collection btw :)
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 3:38 pm

igame wrote:

Nice, I'm looking forward to it.

And thanks, it's a lot harder to build a comic collection when you live in UK Sad But luckily being in London for a year helped me triple its size. I have around 200 comics now. :)
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 1:00 pm

So it appears that I have a lot more... well, my dad does.

Most of it are Superman comics.
One Million Superman
2 Superman annuals

And then the Death of Superman, the 8 Funeral For A Friend comics, The Adventures of Superman #500 (The regular one and with collectors one (with the white sealed bag)), and Newstime: The Life and Death of the Man of Steel.

There are also some Spiderman comics (1990's series).
And there is one Lois Lane comic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 1:05 pm

If you can still count your comics you're doing something wrong Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Post your Comic Collection/s R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 3:41 pm

Starting to collect comic books again. And I just picked this up...

Post your Comic Collection/s 2012-113

Post your Comic Collection/s 2012-114
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Post your Comic Collection/s PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 6:55 pm

I mostly read them off YouTube or rent the from the library, since I could never find a Comic Shop and Barnes & Noble had their comics section all the way in the back of the store.

The only physical comic I have is Justice League: Origin (New 52).
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:56 pm

Well thanks Mecha for kicking this thread back to life, I've got some new comic-related purchases I might as well show.

Firstly my Planet Hulk graphic novel (the animated film was based off this), which is about 15 comics thick and really good so far if I may say so myself.
Post your Comic Collection/s ZQnTk

Next I have an Avengers guide because let's face it, I don't know everything about Avengers. It talks about everything from the origins to the layout of their base. It's awesome and it was an instinct buy because it was only like £5 (so approximately $7, reduced from like $25)
Post your Comic Collection/s ESdDv

Lastly I have about 30 something new comics, most of which I've not read. These include Ferals, Aquaman (bores me to death), Justice League, Dark Knight, Spider-Men, Astonishing Xmen (the gay marriage one!), Thor, I Vampire, etc
Post your Comic Collection/s GLce1
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 7:35 pm

I've got so many more comics. Over the summer I'll have to update OP Razz
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Post your Comic Collection/s TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 12:41 pm

i only buy single issues digitally, going to stop buying single issues all together and try to just buy em all in trades and grapic novels
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 8:02 pm

igame wrote:

Post your Comic Collection/s Skelet10
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 6:08 am

Lol
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 2:53 pm

This walking dead trade paperback is my latest purchase

Post your Comic Collection/s SMZfdZf

Along with these fucking comics

Post your Comic Collection/s YiXNw6v
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 2:59 pm

Animal Man is great, not sure what issue that is but the first 8 issues were drawn by Travel Foreman and the art was so good and so disgusting and fucked up and creepy that some people quit reading it because they were too grossed out.

I see u got Before Watchmen Minutemen, the art on that is by Darwyn Cooke which is just amazing, easily one of my favourite artists.

Also where the fuck do u get all the money for these comics?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:05 pm

Awesome, then I'll check out Animal Man first. (EDIT: It's the 13th issue I'm afraid)

All these comics including the Walking Dead trade paperback (and 6 more which I gave to my cousin) came to about £15-£16 coz the comics are in grab bags and the graphic novel is "damaged" (actually the only issue is slightly cut off edges in the printing...

Post your Comic Collection/s AHs5SD5

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:11 pm

Fuck, I can't find any decent grab bags on eBay. Anyways yeah Animal Man is great, give Wolverine and The X-Men a try, really fun book, so is Luther Strode.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:15 pm

Orion wrote:
Fuck, I can't find any decent grab bags on eBay. Anyways yeah Animal Man is great, give Wolverine and The X-Men a try, really fun book, so is Luther Strode.

There are quite a few actually and I linked you one before. There's one guy that does grab bags of DC, Marvel, Image individually so you have at least SOME level of control over what you are getting.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:28 pm

I prefer the other stuff like Darkhorse and Image, I only like X marvel stuff
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:41 pm

Yeah Image is my favourite. Spawn, Darkness, Astounding Wolf-Man, etc
Marvel is very hit and miss usually, but when I get a good Marvel comic, boy is it good!

Anyway http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-ASSORTED-IMAGE-COMIC-BOOKS-WHOLESALE-COMICS-GRAB-BAG-/380609787329?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item589e1c75c1

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-ASSORTED-MARVEL-DC-VERTIGO-IMAGE-COMICS-For-mature-readers-COMICS-GRAB-BAG-/390569575399?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item5aefc2c3e7

or

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-X-RANDOM-COMICS-GRAB-BAG-SALE-MARVEL-IMAGE-DC-IDW-/160914616082?pt=UK_Books_Comics_Magazines_US_Comics_ET&hash=item2577422f12

etc

Also that Walking Dead GN that I got half price because it's "damaged", well I looked through it (and have read about 1/3rd of it so far) and there's not a single bit of damage!! Post your Comic Collection/s 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 4:34 pm

I mostly buy used trade paperbacks on amazon, much cheaper
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 4:40 pm

bububut in your room tour vid you said you only have 1 comic coz they're not very good.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 6:12 pm

Lol, anyways I tend to look for comics with good art or by an artist I like, the most appealing aspect of single issues to me is the cover art and that I can stay up to date on current events in comics quickly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Post your Comic Collection/s   Post your Comic Collection/s I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Post your Comic Collection/s
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next