Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Sony has been developing PlayStation 4 since August 2010

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Sony has been developing PlayStation 4 since August 2010 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Sony has been developing PlayStation 4 since August 2010 Empty
PostSubject: Sony has been developing PlayStation 4 since August 2010   Sony has been developing PlayStation 4 since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 3:11 pm

Sony has been developing PlayStation 4 since August 2010 Ps4_job
Quote :
Sony has been developing the "next generation PlayStation" since August 2010, according to the online CV of an ex-SCEA R&D director.

The LinkedIn profile of Attila Vass, who served as director of research and development at Sony Computer Entertainment America between May 1998 and April 2012, claims that he began working on the graphics library and security on the "Next Generation PlayStation" in August 2010.

Vass lists his work on PlayStation Vita separately, suggesting that the 'next generation PlayStation' listing may be referring to PlayStation 4.

"In 1998 I started as the first engineer in the Playstation US R&D," reads Vass' profile.

"I worked on graphics ( COLLADA, PSGL ) and a lot of network related technologies ( advertising, telemetry, PVRs ) for the Playstation2-x, PSP, Vita and Next Generation platforms. Platform security was occupying most of my time at the last years... "

SCEA boss Jack Tretton recently alluded to the firm's next-generation plans, saying that "we've never been first, we've never been cheapest, it's about being the best.

"If you can build a better machine and it's going to come out a little bit later," he continued, "that's better than rushing something to market that's going to run out of gas for the long term."

SCE UK declined to comment when contacted by VideoGamer.
http://www.videogamer.com/news/sony_has_been_developing_playstation_4_since_august_2010.html
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Sony has been developing PlayStation 4 since August 2010   Sony has been developing PlayStation 4 since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 3:46 pm

"If you can build a better machine and it's going to come out a little bit later," he continued, that's better than rushing something to market that's going to run out of gas for the long term."

Smart words, Mr. Tretton, future proof your console, make the online community less of a ghost town and I wouldn't even bother with the "NextBox."
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Sony has been developing PlayStation 4 since August 2010 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Sony has been developing PlayStation 4 since August 2010   Sony has been developing PlayStation 4 since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 6:02 pm

:awwyeah:
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Sony has been developing PlayStation 4 since August 2010   Sony has been developing PlayStation 4 since August 2010 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 2:35 pm

Damn, keep it going sony. I want the PS4 to stomp all over the competition next-gen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony has been developing PlayStation 4 since August 2010   Sony has been developing PlayStation 4 since August 2010 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony has been developing PlayStation 4 since August 2010
Page 1 of 1