Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers

Go down 
+9
Franko
Archduke
Bluenose
Chobo
Blixtstorm
Hydell
Stoney
The_Biotic_God
The Enkindler
13 posters
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers   Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 9:14 pm

Quote :
According to several job postings on LinkedIn, Microsoft is forming a team "responsible for defining and delivering next generation console architectures from conception through implementation." Currently, the company's Interactive Entertainment Business is hiring an Audio/Video Hardware Architect, Audio Architect, and a Graphics Architect for positions with descriptions that contain the aforementioned language.

Another position, for Wireless DV Engineer, will play "a key role in the development and verification of the Xbox and future platforms." (Emphasis added.) The Xbox division is also hiring a Design Verification Engineer and a Senior Hardware Verification Engineer.

Source:Gamespot
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers   Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 10:02 pm

Damnet Microsoft. Too early. Atleast wait till late 2012.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers   Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 5:03 am

With Epic, Crytek, Dice and Id Software all developing engines that won't run on current console hardware, someone knows something. Surely they wouldn't be developing them solely for PC use?

2013 is when I think we'll see the next gen of consoles.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers   Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 1:53 pm

Just because they are hiring devs now doesnt mean we will be seeing a console soon, they could be hiring them to do some R&D on what is possible with the hardware that they are planning.

Will be great to see what they can come up with though.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers   Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 2:08 pm

I think that a new Xbox will be announced this year.. Next year or in two years we will have the new one in store shelves.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers   Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Microsoft just released Kinect. I don't think we'll see a new Xbox for a few more years.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers   Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 3:23 pm

Once we move on to the next consoles, I don't think the graphics leak will be any greater then what's already offered on the PC.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers   Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 6:56 pm

Teckno wrote:
Once we move on to the next consoles, I don't think the graphics leak will be any greater then what's already offered on the PC.

At the beginning of each generation, consoles tend to be slightly stronger than the best PC at the time because MS/Sony get the best chips available in the time frame.

I wouldn't be suprised if the PS4, for example, was stronger than a high level gaming PC at the time it releases.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers   Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2011 7:15 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
Teckno wrote:

At the beginning of each generation, consoles tend to be slightly stronger than the best PC at the time because MS/Sony get the best chips available in the time frame.

I wouldn't be suprised if the PS4, for example, was stronger than a high level gaming PC at the time it releases.

Doubt it.

If we do, we will stop hearing the PC Elitetism by Graphic Whores and Fanboys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers   Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:37 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
Sovereign Alan wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Doubt it.

If we do, we will stop hearing the PC Elitetism by Graphic Whores and Fanboys.

PC ownz the pathetic consoles. We get teh best Grapfixs
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers   Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 5:40 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
Teckno wrote:

So do PC developers. They usually get the best chip of the time. PS2/720 will probably be as strong as a pc for about a couple months or something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers   Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:28 pm

Teckno wrote:
Sovereign Alan wrote:
Teckno wrote:

So do PC developers. They usually get the best chip of the time. PS2/720 will probably be as strong as a pc for about a couple months or something.

There is only so powerful they can make games imo, before the price gets crazy. That video is showcasing what games should look like and I doubt they can surpass it.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers   Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 6:48 pm

Stoney wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Sovereign Alan wrote:
Teckno wrote:

There is only so powerful they can make games imo, before the price gets crazy. That video is showcasing what games should look like and I doubt they can surpass it.

That worries me about the future...
Back to top Go down
XenoTorment
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
XenoTorment

Stature : 0
America
Playing : Fanboys

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers   Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 3:34 am

This may explain the lack of games, I'm going to guess E3 this year we will see a new xbox. Farfetched, but it would explain a lot.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers   Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:20 am

Pickles1337 wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Sovereign Alan wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Same here. The only companies that will be able to survive will be the big ones i.e Epic, EA, Activision etc etc. The budget for GTA IV was $100 million imagine how much it would cost to develop a similar game on much more expensive hardware?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers   Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:55 am

XenoTempest wrote:
This may explain the lack of games, I'm going to guess E3 this year we will see a new xbox. Farfetched, but it would explain a lot.

Thats exactly what i thought. But i think won't see one until E3 2012. Its way to early now with the announcement of the new xbox 360 slim.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers   Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 9:47 pm

Stoney wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Sovereign Alan wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Same here. The only companies that will be able to survive will be the big ones i.e Epic, EA, Activision etc etc. The budget for GTA IV was $100 million imagine how much it would cost to develop a similar game on much more expensive hardware?

So...we're screwed.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers   Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:10 am

I remember Cliffy B said something about this. He said giant companies like EA and Activision along with Niche companies like Atlus will survive while all the mid sized one drop out or are bought out by bigger companies.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers   Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:44 am

I think they should announce it with a 2012 release. Its not too early or something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers   Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft hiring 'next generation' Xbox developers
Page 1 of 1