Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

LocksQuest for the DS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

LocksQuest for the DS Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: LocksQuest for the DS   LocksQuest for the DS I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 5:29 pm

LocksQuest is possibly the most underated DS game ever

LocksQuest for the DS Locks-quest-ds

Story: I don't want to spoil anything, so I'll be very basic.
It's about a boy named "Lock" in a world filled with a blue aura called "Source"
People who manipulate "Source" are called "Archineers"
The World just came out of a war between "The Kingdom" (Good Guys) and "The ClockWorks" (Bad Guys)
You will see how the boy is enrolled deeply within the wars past as you progress through the story. This has so many twist and turns, it's unbelievable.
Score: 9.7 (Amazing Story, but the end is a cliff hanger, so it leaves you annoyed... That could be a make it or break it for you. Me personally, I don't like it.. Never did like cliffhangers Razz)

Gameplay: The Gameplay is very fun, but repetitive though.
You have 2:00 minutes to make defenses against the "ClockWorks"
You can make a variety of things. Traps/Towers/etc
Then after the 2:00 minutes, the battle begins. You will gain abilities throughout the story to help you defend. You'll also be able to advance your walls and towers. Like from going to wood, then to stone, and finally to metal. Each once is more expensive then the other. There is also on minigame where you have to take control of a tower and shoot down the clockworks before they take down the wall.

LocksQuest for the DS Scrn_locksQuest-01-240x360

Score: 8.6 (Fun Gameplay, but it's repetitive.)

Graphics: Graphics are solid in DS standards. Nothing much else.
Score: 7.5

Controls: You use the Stylus for the most part of the game. Controlling you're character "Locke", placing you're buildings/traps, and picking where you want to go on the "World Map." It works really well, it gets uncomfortable after a while though.
Score: 8.5

Final Score: 9.0 (The Story by itself should make you buy it. Other then that, the gameplay is solid, the Graphics are solid, and the Controls are solid.

I really recommend you buy it it you have a DS! Very underated game that deserves more recognition. It's also really cheap now. 10$ at Gamestop, 7$ preowned.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: LocksQuest for the DS   LocksQuest for the DS I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 6:29 pm

Nice review. Could have gone into a bit more depth about the gameplay XD But yeah looks decent.

I will most likely get this at some point.
Back to top Go down

LocksQuest for the DS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
Generation7 - Gaming :: Game Industry :: User Reviews and Recommendations-
Reply to topicJump to: