Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Thinking about getting PS+

Go down 
+12
Jack the Spectre
The Enkindler
Franko
2Sugoi2Die
Mikenuge
CernaMLD
Archduke
Angelus
Orc
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
Hydell
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm allowed to call it a waste of money cause I have used it for myself and I'm allowed to have an opinion.
And no, I never leave a cheeseburger on the counter to rot, unless it tastes like vermin piss which is exactly how PS+ tastes for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:06 pm

You say that, yet you completely failed to take advantage of it.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:13 pm

Believe me, I tried to, but it just didn't feel rewarding for me, appart from that Golden Plus icon near my PSN avatar, plus another bad thing about it is that when your subscription expires any game that you downloaded via PS+ becomes useless until you renew your subscription.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 6:19 pm

You're right. They should give us all hundreds of dollars worth of free games just for subscribing. Profits are totally unnecessary.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:12 pm

Sheo's dislike of PS+ may have to do with the fact that he gets the European benefits.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 8:19 pm

That's a good point. But I doubt it can be that bad in Europe. If it ever was, they probably fixed it by now anyways.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:02 am

Personally I wouldn't pay for PS+
- I don't buy a lot of DLC and downloadable games
- I don't like the idea of paying for discounts and for free games
- Free games aren't really free
- Don't care about free avatars and themes
- Australia PS+ and free services isn't that good compared other countries in terms of game releases
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:27 pm

My entire motivation was that i seen Infamous 2 and a couple other full games for free...but now you guys are saying that you cant play them after your PS+ runs out...

WTF that technically means they arent even free....fuck you Sony....you almost had me ready to pay for it but you can kiss my dick now.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 12:48 pm

If they completely just gave them away, PS+ would be the worst executive decision ever. People would just buy three month subscriptions randomly and get a bunch of stuff for $20
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 7:22 am

Yeah for newer games. But for older shit that isn't even profitable now (stuff like Resistance Fall of Man) then it would be a good executive decision to entice people in.
Back to top Go down
Quitelikeican
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Quitelikeican

Stature : 0
Closed Space

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 9:52 am

I had it for one month after the PSN outage. Only thing about it that's worth it is the free avatars you get that you actually can keep. O.o The games will go away after you lose your subscription. The avatars won't. Not sure how that works but it's cool. My avatar on PSN is actually one of those.
Back to top Go down
http://inuboy1000.webs.com/
Quitelikeican
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Quitelikeican

Closed Space

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Mecha wrote:
I had PS+ once. It's okay I guess. You get to play early betas, demos, PSOne classics, and a good chunk of the first few levels of some of the bigger titles.

The only problem I have with PS+ is that the games you buy with a discount isn't really yours to keep. Once you stop paying for PS+, you no longer can play those games. Unless either you keep on paying PS+ or buy the game at full price, which you can do without PS+.
I believe you mean the games you get for free. Those are the ones you can't keep. The ones you pay for (a discount is a drop in price temporarily) are still yours to keep forever.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 1:59 pm

Quitelikeican wrote:
Mecha wrote:
I had PS+ once. It's okay I guess. You get to play early betas, demos, PSOne classics, and a good chunk of the first few levels of some of the bigger titles.

The only problem I have with PS+ is that the games you buy with a discount isn't really yours to keep. Once you stop paying for PS+, you no longer can play those games. Unless either you keep on paying PS+ or buy the game at full price, which you can do without PS+.
I believe you mean the games you get for free. Those are the ones you can't keep. The ones you pay for (a discount is a drop in price temporarily) are still yours to keep forever.
Thank you for defining discount, I had no idea what it meant.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 4:22 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Quitelikeican wrote:
Mecha wrote:

:lolguy:

Back to top Go down
Quitelikeican
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Quitelikeican

Closed Space

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 5:52 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Quitelikeican wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Clearly.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:33 pm

Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 AQenuMZ
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 3:57 pm

Mikenuge wrote:

You missed the part where you get another box each week.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 7:49 pm

Angelus the Revenant wrote:
Mikenuge wrote:

You missed the part where you get another box each week.

And the box value is worth more than the money you spent.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about getting PS+   Thinking about getting PS+ - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thinking about getting PS+
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2