Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wii U games run in 720p

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Wii U games run in 720p PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Wii U games run in 720p Empty
PostSubject: Wii U games run in 720p   Wii U games run in 720p I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:12 pm

No surprise here.
Quote :
While the Wii U technically supports 1080p resolution, current Wii U games only run in 720p, Wii U Daily can confirm. Yesterday, Nintendo released screenshots of New Super Mario Bros U, which were in the native resolution of 720p. So were the screenshots of ZombiU and Project P-100. We initially thought that those were simply the 720p versions of the game and that 1080p would be available. But as it turns out, all of Nintendo’s upcoming first party Wii U titles will be in 720p.
Speaking to a Nintendo representative on the E3 show floor today, I was told that all of the playable Wii U games at E3 will ship with native 720p support, including Nintendo Land, New Super Mario Bros, and Pikmin 3. However, the representative said that some of those titles, like Pikmin 3, will run at 60 frames per second. The representative couldn’t confirm whether the games can be upscaled to 1080p, only that the “native resolution is 720p for all titles showcased”.
The Wii U hardware is still very new and it’s likely that it’ll take developers some time before they can push it to its full potential. But for now, it seems that Nintendo and its first party Wii U games will be sticking to 720p.
http://wiiudaily.com/2012/06/wii-u-games-run-in-720p/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Wii U games run in 720p R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Wii U games run in 720p   Wii U games run in 720p I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 9:57 pm

Huh? So wait a minute, The Wii U supports actual 1080p resolution unlike the PS3 and Xbox 360, but the games are in 720p? :jackie:
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Wii U games run in 720p   Wii U games run in 720p I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 12:42 am

wtf, it better not be more than say, $350.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Wii U games run in 720p   Wii U games run in 720p I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 1:37 am

They are probably going for 720p so they can take advantage of AA.
Well at least i hope that's the reason, either way it is still better than
this generation of consoles, but not a very big leap.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Wii U games run in 720p   Wii U games run in 720p I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 3:09 pm

400 USD, I'm calling it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wii U games run in 720p   Wii U games run in 720p I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wii U games run in 720p
Page 1 of 1