Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Game of the Year 2011

Go down 
+14
ArchAngel
Gordon Freeman
Chobo
Based Sonji
Pein
Pickles1337
Stigma
Jack the Spectre
NoelX2
The_Biotic_God
TheJubJub5721
Stoney
Bluenose
Archduke
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Game of the Year 2011
 Uncharted 3
 Gears of War 3
 Mass Effect 3
 Battlefield 3
 The Legend of Zelda: Skyword Sword
 SHOGUN 2 Total War
 The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim
View results
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:30 am

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
I had to choose between skyrim and GOW3. Took me a whole while to choose. But i chose gears of war 3 because i've been a gears fanboy since the first.

Same, although Skyrim is more likely to win since it's multiplat.
Exclusivity didn't stop Uncharted 2 from winning practically every Game of the Year award in 2009. I don't think availability really affects the game's chances of winning.

Yeah because UC2 had so many competition in 2009 like MW2 *cough* *cough* Razz
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 9:24 am

Toxicmaniac wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:
I had to choose between skyrim and GOW3. Took me a whole while to choose. But i chose gears of war 3 because i've been a gears fanboy since the first.

Exclusivity didn't stop Uncharted 2 from winning practically every Game of the Year award in 2009. I don't think availability really affects the game's chances of winning.

Yeah because UC2 had so many competition in 2009 like MW2 *cough* *cough* Razz

lmao what a joke of a game.

UC2 also had to compete with Batman: Arkham Asylum and AC2.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 9:31 am

Plus we all know that a Nintendo game needs to get GOTY. It's Nintendo's 25th anniversary. Too bad it won't happen, though. Skyward Sword be robbed of its GOTY. It's a Wii Conspiracy. It'll still win GOTY by sited like IGN and Gamespot.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 9:51 am

Skyrim, Mass Effect 2 and Skyward Sword.
It could be Uncharted 3 but I don't like uncharted games. So no :)
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:25 am

BlackStigma wrote:
That's cause PS3 fanboys make up like 55% of the gaming community on the web. I love you
Riiiiiight, because the VGAs, AIAS Awards, IGN, Gamespot, etc. are all voted on by the gaming community.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 12:05 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

Exclusivity didn't stop Uncharted 2 from winning practically every award in 2009. I don't think availability really affects the game's chances of winning.

FTFY

Uncharted 2 has a record-shattering 108 awards.

GET @ ME.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 1:52 pm

I think there should be another nominee. "Other".
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 4:06 pm

Skyrim FTW!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 5:20 am

ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:

(Deadly Premonition 2)
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:15 am

Hypnotoad wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

Exclusivity didn't stop Uncharted 2 from winning practically every award in 2009. I don't think availability really affects the game's chances of winning.

FTFY

GET @ ME.

Actually, Mass Effect 2 has 113, or it could be 116 GOTY awards. Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 2505020059

EDIT: It's actually 164 GOTY awards.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:05 am

Only awards i care about are the ones given out by the Academy Of Interactive Arts & Sciences

How bad ass does that sound?!

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 1:25 pm

DukemNukem43 wrote:
I should've added Batman Arkham City.
I agree the wii gets very underrated at the awards all time.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 4:39 pm

Stoney wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

FTFY

GET @ ME.

Actually, Mass Effect 2 has 113, or it could be 116 GOTY awards. Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 2505020059

Uncharted 2 was a PS3 exclusive title =P

Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 7:50 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

FTFY

GET @ ME.

I thought it still is one lol.

UC2 is a good game, but sadly it is a bit overrated. Looking forward to UC3, but to say it has a high chance of getting GOTY while ignoring the other games coming out this year is a bit way over the top. One thing is for sure and that is that 2011 is an awesome year for games and a bad year for gamers' wallets.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:22 pm

Lykos wrote:
ArcanaOfB3ast wrote:

(Deadly Premonition 2)
I was talking bout Muchi Muchi Pork...DUH!
Im jk. Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 8:31 pm

Sovereign Alan wrote:
Ihsahn wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

FTFY

GET @ ME.

I thought it still is one lol.

UC2 is a good game, but sadly it is a bit overrated. Looking forward to UC3, but to say it has a high chance of getting GOTY while ignoring the other games coming out this year is a bit way over the top. One thing is for sure and that is that 2011 is an awesome year for games and a bad year for gamers' wallets.
Oh its certainly got hefty competition, but I was more or less pointing out that it's an exclusive title so it doesn't have the option of getting as many awards. Like PC Game of the Year or best PC shooter etc where as ME2 did.

Nothing, so far, is really catching my attention though other than UC3, The Last Guardian, Dungeon Defenders and (if it's out this year) Guild Wars 2.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 9:19 pm

I want whatever game that deserves GOTY to get it. If UC3 truely does wow me than I will cheer with the masses. Didn't mean to sound as if UC3 didn't have a chance in hell.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 12:37 am

I take back what I said.

SKYRIM AND MASS EFFECT 3 FTW!
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 12:45 am

DukemNukem43 wrote:
I take back what I said.

:silent: Suspect
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:14 am

BlackStigma wrote:
DukemNukem43 wrote:
I take back what I said.

:silent: Suspect

What?
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 2:24 am

Ihsahn wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

FTFY

GET @ ME.

I don't see how what console it is on has any affect on being GOTY or winning awards.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2011 6:27 pm

Maybe you should read my post after that.

Derp.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 5:43 pm

Jub could have just meant that those awards were specifically for the 360 version. The PC version doesn't factor into the numbre of awards that ME2 got on the 360.

Exclusive games get it easy because all the developers have to worry about is making one version of the game.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 6:13 pm

Whether he meant that or not matters not because I'm speaking in theory. A game that is multiplat can win awards specific to one platform. ME2 (off the top of my head) got Best Sci-Fi game and Best Visuals for PC.

And yeah devs do have it easy developing for one console. But hey I'm sure the companies behind platforms are paying big cash for a title to stay exclusive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game of the Year 2011   Game of the Year 2011 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game of the Year 2011
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2