Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III

Go down 
+5
Stoney
ArchAngel
The Enkindler
Orc
Mecha
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III Empty
PostSubject: Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III   Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:18 am

Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III Diablo10

Quote :
As discovered by D’Toid, Blizzard has banned a bunch of words revolving around several religions being used in Diablo III. Some of them include Catholic, Atheist and Christian, the latter making it even harder if your first name actually is Christian. The words from religion that are allowed include Buddhism, Protestant and – wait for it – Scientology. Nothing else to add, your honour.

There’s more names banned through the link.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III   Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 8:33 am

lyk if u cried Sad
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III   Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:19 am

It has begun, the end of our privacy in single player, because of this stupid fear of piracy.
Now we can't even choose our own names to use, pathetic.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III   Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III I_icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 9:39 am

What if they did that so that they could brainwash all the addicted nerds into a whole new religion.

conspiracykeanu.jpg
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III   Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 2:29 am

Allowed to use Protestant but not Catholic? Heh
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III   Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 7:57 am

What moron would want to put a religion in their username?
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III   Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 8:05 am

Stoney wrote:
What moron would want to put a religion in their username?
For trolling reasons maybe, or to make themselves look like they're God's chosen warriors.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III   Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 9:50 am

I'M A GOD WARRIOR
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III   Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 3:00 pm

ironic that diablo means devil...
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III   Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 11:45 pm

What's annoying is that all of this shit applies to single-player as well (I'm guessing since they have you by the balls with Diablo III single-player).
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III   Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 3:03 am

"Catholic" derives from late-latin "catholicus", which in turn is derived from the greek word "katholikos" meaning "Universal".of course, when people hear the word catholic they think of the roman catholic church.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III   Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 2:06 pm

Blizzard needs to grow some balls. If anyone truly is offended by the words "Catholic", "Christian", and "atheist", they need to suck it up. Look, I understand banning words that truly come with the intent of offending someone (although for single-player you should be allowed whatever you want), but this is as stupid as New York City legislature banning the words "birthday" and "dinosaur" from standardized tests because Jehovah's Witnesses don't celebrate birthdays and some fundies don't believe in dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III   Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 5:55 am

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III   Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 1:52 pm

Damn, I was hoping to name my character CatholicChristianAtheist. Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III 21888
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III   Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 1:16 am

Teckno wrote:
Damn, I was hoping to name my character CatholicChristianAtheist. Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III 21888

You replied to such an old thread...

On that note, stahp it, Mecha. There's no reason to use this thread instead of a new one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III   Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catholic, Christian, Atheist banned as player names from Diablo III
Page 1 of 1