Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan

Go down 
+6
Mecha
Hydell
Orc
The Enkindler
Mr Canai Spy
Archduke
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan Empty
PostSubject: 3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan   3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 4:32 pm

http://vita.ign.com/articles/122/1222311p1.html

Quote :
Media Create's weekly sales charts have been released, chronicling how the Japanese game industry is doing. Translated by Andriasang, the data, covering the week spanning from March 26th through April 1st, continues to paint a great picture for Nintendo while painting an equally poor picture for Sony.

Kingdom Hearts 3D and Kid Icarus Uprising were the two games primarily responsible for Nintendo 3DS' huge sales. On the backs of those games (as well as others), Nintendo sold 121,921 Nintendo 3DS units at retail. That's over 10 times the amount of PlayStation Vitas Sony saw sold during the week, amounting to only 12,105.

In other hardware sales news, PlayStation 3 sold 23,771 consoles, trouncing Xbox 360's 1,317 units sold. Nintendo's Wii sold 9,292 units. Not surprisingly, PlayStation Portable sold over 6,000 more units than its successor, reaching the 18,356 units sold mark for the week.

Sales data has also been released for games. Media Create's top 20 list illustrates the dominance of Nintendo 3DS' strong software lineup in the east. The top-selling game for the week, Kingdom Hearts 3D, sold 213,579 copies. Kid Icarus Uprising sold another 47,179 on top of the nearly 180,000 it sold the week before. Six other 3DS games joined those two top-selling titles in the top 20.

PSP and PS3 games also sold well. The top-selling PS3 game was Pro Baseball Spirits 2012, which pushed 90,433 units on PS3 and another 60,141 units on PSP. Four other PSP games were in the top 20, along with three more PS3 games. One Wii game and one Nintendo DS game round-out the list, along with the long entry for PlayStation Vita: New Little King Story sold 7,141 copies
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan   3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 4:52 pm

In sony's defense they still managed to beat the 360. :alone:
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan   3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Beating Microsoft in Japan which isn't a strong region for Xbox doesn't outweigh Sony losing to Nintendo where Sony and handhelds should be strong
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan   3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 7:24 pm

Moved to Industry News.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan   3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:43 am

Ouch. Sony might need to drop the price of vita soon. They usually dominate in Japan, especially handheld wise.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan   3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 11:51 am

Lykos wrote:
Ouch. Sony might need to drop the price of vita soon. They usually dominate in Japan, especially handheld wise.
Well, games made by Square Enix are selling like CRAZY there, and since KH Dream Drop Distance is on 3DS it was obvious that it would skyrocket 3DS sales, I don't think that dropping the price will make any difference IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan   3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 12:59 pm

Anyone got theories on why the Vita isnt doing so well?

Price?
Lack of games the japanese want?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan   3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 1:11 pm

I guess people think the Vita is a bit too pricey for an handheld. They're willing to pay that much for a console, but for a handheld no. Sony should give the Vita a price drop soon.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan   3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 1:16 pm

Mecha wrote:
I guess people think the Vita is a bit too pricey for an handheld. They're willing to pay that much for a console, but for a handheld no. Sony should give the Vita a price drop soon.

Probably the reason i wont get one. £250 notes is a bit much.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan   3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I'm willing to spend that much for it. But considering that you also have to spend on buying a game, memory card, and 3G, it is a bit too much.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan   3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 1:27 pm

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:
Mecha wrote:

My 3DS was only just a bit over £100. It didn't come with any games but that wasn't a problem because I had The Augmented Reality game, Face Raiders, Street Pass Mii Plaza, Zelda Four Swords and Pokedex for free on day one.

What do you get with the Vita?

Edit: I forgot to mention you already have the 2GB SD card supplied with it :3
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan   3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Lykos wrote:
Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:
Mecha wrote:

My 3DS was only just a bit over £100. It didn't come with any games but that wasn't a problem because I had The Augmented Reality game, Face Raiders, Street Pass Mii Plaza, Zelda Four Swords and Pokedex for free on day one.

:stare:
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan   3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Lykos wrote:
Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:
Mecha wrote:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Also, I payed $170 for my 3DS. dufuq.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan   3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 2:04 pm

^
Not saying those games are great but it's free software that is fun for the first day or so. Then you can go out and buy some proper games.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan   3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:04 pm

With the Vita you get Welcome park and a bunch of Augmented Reality games as well. OH WAIT IT DOESN'T COME WITH A MEMORY CARD. SCRATCH THAT. LOL
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan   3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:06 pm

^
Oh dear. That's bad.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan   3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:52 pm

The PSVita is missing a defining quality. When we see 3DS, we obviously think 3D. PSVita on the other hand, nothing comes to mind that stands out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan   3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 10:02 pm

I think because 3DS is appealing towards the Japanese audience while the PS is targeting towards more of a westen audience. Price could also be a factor. Another factor is that 3DS has to be Monster Hunter.

I also recently bought a 3DS for $250 AUD that came with Super Monkey Ball 3D. Also bought Zelda, Dead or Alive, Shinobi and Kid Icarus.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan   3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 6:35 am

Teckno wrote:
The PSVita is missing a defining quality. When we see 3DS, we obviously think 3D. PSVita on the other hand, nothing comes to mind that stands out.

I think incredible graphics but at the same time the gap between Vita and 3DS isn't as great as PSP and DS. Especially when 3DS has 3D, and when 3D is turned off on some games it has anti-aliasing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan   3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

3DS outsells PSVita 10 to 1 in Japan
Page 1 of 1