Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Radiant Historia

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 11:58 pm

Anyone get this game? It's kinda like Chrono Trigger with area combat and how you travel back and forth between time. It's made by Atlus but I think it's too Final Fantasy-esque. I was hoping I'd be more like SMT, but that's alright. Doesn't really feel like an Atlus game though.

Anyways I got it yesterday and already have about 7 hours on it. The game is really good, there's a war going on between Alistel and Granorg (you're an Alistellian soldier/spy) and you're this guy named Stocke and you have to travel back and forth between timelines to get the "true history". If you make the wrong choice your allies die or Alistel falls to Granorg. It's a JRPG with turn based area combat. Meaning your enemies are on a 3X3 grid and you can knock them around the grid and perform combos and stuff. It feels like a classis SNES RPG but with a lot of innovative features. It's also gotten a lot of good reviews, mostly in the 80's. Considering it's from the JRPG king there's little surprise it's so good.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/ds/radiant-historia

Although BulletStorm and Killzone 3 came out yesterday too so I'm sure none of you fragheads got it. Oh yeah, the game also came with a soundtrack CD, have yet to check it out though.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 12:48 am

I was actually interested in this game awhile back.

Is the story any good? If it is, I'll buy it for sure.

Also bonus points for being kinda like Chrono Trigger. Love that game XD.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 1:01 am

Pickles1337 wrote:
I was actually interested in this game awhile back.

Is the story any good? If it is, I'll buy it for sure.

Also bonus points for being kinda like Chrono Trigger. Love that game XD.

I've got about 11 hours on it so far. This game is freaking incredible. The story is really good, and the characters are good too. It's a must have for anyone who likes RPGs.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Merchant
Merchant
Shin_Akuma

Stature : 1

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:00 am

whats up guys!? anyways yeah I got this game on release day and I must say that it is probably the best Jrpg on the DS right now.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:17 am

Finally someone else who appreciates non Square-Enix JRPGs on this forum.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Radiant Historia XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:24 am

Sounds like they plagiarized Chrono Trigger.

Radiant Historia 400px-Trollface_More_HD
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:57 am

^ lol'd.

I'll give it a whirl if it's really what you're hyping it up to be, Stigma. Through piracy. And then I'll buy it if I like it because I prefer to play my DS the way its meant to be played: mobile.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 8:05 pm

Ihsahn wrote:
^ lol'd.

I'll give it a whirl if it's really what you're hyping it up to be, Stigma. Through piracy. And then I'll buy it if I like it because I prefer to play my DS the way its meant to be played: mobile.

Yeah I demo some DS games on my PC too sometimes. The game is kinda slow in the beginning though...
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 8:09 pm

Like almost every RPG ever. Not too big of a deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Radiant Historia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Radiant Historia   Radiant Historia I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Radiant Historia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Generation7 - Gaming :: Nintendo :: Nintendo 3DS-
Jump to: