Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals

Go down 
+10
Jack the Spectre
Franko
ArchAngel
Orc
Chobo
Hydell
Blixtstorm
Bluenose
The Enkindler
Mecha
14 posters

Which trilogy is better?
 Prequels
 Originals
View results
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals   Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:07 pm

Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals 57154010
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals   Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Originals by far, the Prequels = YUCK!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals   Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:13 pm

Episode one sucked. Episode 2 was average. Episode 3 was great.

Episode 3 > the rest of them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals   Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 6:14 pm

It's amazing that even this topic should be here... Just shows that some people have shitty taste in movies. *looks at TRF* :x
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals   Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:06 pm

Combine the visuals of the prequels with the design and script of the originals and a winnar we have.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals   Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:18 pm

The Originals by far. But the last half of Episode 3 is the greatest part of the Star Wars Saga.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals   Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 9:41 pm

I've actually not seen all the originals. Seen all three prequels and one of the originals.

Gotta say what I saw of the prequel was better but even then Star Wars is not that great in my opinion. The whole concept bores me quite a bit.

Though must say..... the pod racing in 3D Phantom Menace= mindblowing
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals   Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:46 pm

Prequels are more entertaining to watch, unless jarJar is present.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals   Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 6:24 am

Why does everyone hate Jar Jar... Hes fucking awesome
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals   Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:03 pm

Franko wrote:
Why does everyone hate Jar Jar... Hes fucking awesome

Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals American-Psycho-006
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals   Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 10:54 pm

The prequel films have their moments. I like the pod racing and the fight with Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace, and the entirety of Revenge of the Sith was the only good prequel film. But in terms of story and characters and even action, the originals are way better. The action in the prequels are cool but there's too much choreography. When you see Luke fighting, it looks a lot more real because he's not graceful, and he shouldn't be. Yes, he's not a fully trained Jedi like Anakin is by the end of the prequel trilogy, but even Obi-Wan in The Phantom Menace, a fairly amateurish Jedi, still fights perfectly. It just doesn't look like real fighting, honestly, but it's still cool to see beams of light gracefully collide in battle.

And on top of that, you've got bad acting, bad writing, and Jar Jar fucking Binks. The story of how Anakin descended into darkness is a cool idea and could've been done well, but it was geared towards merchandising and profit and not actual storytelling, and not every character needed a prequel. I didn't need to see the origins of C-3PO and R2D2.

Blixtstorm wrote:
It's amazing that even this topic should be here... Just shows that some people have shitty taste in movies. *looks at TRF* :x
Except the originals are clearly better.
Back to top Go down
Fenrir
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Fenrir

Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals E0Pbf6f
Stature : 14
The Dreadf
Playing : Pin the dick on the Reek

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals   Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 1:55 pm

Orginals obviously...
however the design and effects in the prequels are really good.
but the last moments of Episode 6 and 3 was really imo the climax
but not in the remakes... no...NOO *throws down the emperor down*
also episode 4 was of course the best but still i like the action a bit more in the 6th and 3rd but i hate Battle of the clones...worthless piece of shit...
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

From Hell

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals   Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:01 pm

I think we can all agree that the sequence with those fucking teddies beating the stormtroopers was utter enviromentalist wank material and was fucking stupid.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals   Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:25 pm

Originals by a landslide.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals   Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:53 pm

Arkay wrote:
Orginals obviously...
however the design and effects in the prequels are really good.
but the last moments of Episode 6 and 3 was really imo the climax
but not in the remakes... no...NOO *throws down the emperor down*
also episode 4 was of course the best but still i like the action a bit more in the 6th and 3rd but i hate Battle of the clones...worthless piece of shit...
Yeah, the only really awful prequel was Attack of the Clones. The Phantom Menace was mediocre, but not awful, and Revenge of the Sith was good but not great.

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:
I think we can all agree that the sequence with those fucking teddies beating the stormtroopers was utter enviromentalist wank material and was fucking stupid.
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that George Lucas only included them because he wanted something to merchandise next to the Wookies. The Endor battle at the end of Return of the Jedi was laughable but the movie as a whole made up for it in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals   Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 5:46 am

After having seen the Star Wars saga on my TV again, I'll have to say the Originals. The prequels aren't as bad as people want you to believe, but they're nothing special either.

Revenge of The Sith is still my favorite, though
Back to top Go down
JDog36095
Merchant
Merchant
JDog36095

Stature : 3
US
Playing : Destiny

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals   Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 7:44 am

i like the whole saga even tho jaja is really fucken annoying
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals   Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 8:27 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
After having seen the Star Wars saga on my TV again, I'll have to say the Originals. The prequels aren't as bad as people want you to believe, but they're nothing special either.

Except the characters in the prequels aren't memorable at all.

Describe Anakin, Ben Kenobi and Quaigon Jin without mentioning appearance or actions... just their actual personality. Go on.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals   Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 10:09 am

The originals are obviously better. I don't hate The Phantom Menace but I do think Attack of the Clones is awful. Revenge of the Sith is an okay popcorn flick but not very good as a Star Wars film.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals   Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Prequels vs. The Originals
Page 1 of 1