Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Quantic Dream “open” to becoming first-party Sony studio

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Quantic Dream “open” to becoming first-party Sony studio R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Quantic Dream “open” to becoming first-party Sony studio Empty
PostSubject: Quantic Dream “open” to becoming first-party Sony studio   Quantic Dream “open” to becoming first-party Sony studio I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:27 am

Quantic Dream “open” to becoming first-party Sony studio Who-is-Kara

Quote :
Quantic Dream co-founder David Cage has said the studio is “open” to becoming a first-party studio under the Sony Worldwide Studios family.

“”We’re open to all options, but again, we’re not a studio driven by money,”Cage told IGN.

“It’s an important element, of course, but it’s not like ‘Tell me how much money you give me and I’m going to do whatever you want.’

“But what matters to us is, ‘what is the project, what is the long-term vision, do we share common vision for the studio?’ We’re really passionate, it’s not just me, there’s a team behind me that’s incredibly talented and passionate about what we’re doing, what could be the vision for the studio. And if all this makes sense, then yeah, why not joint Sony or another partner. We’re open to all options.”

Cage reiterated its long-term future, however, was with Sony for now.

“We are exclusive to Sony right now, so no, we work only on PlayStation 3.”

Cage unveiled tech demo Kara at GDC this week, giving a glimpse as to what the French studio’s next project could be. We chatted with the developer about it and more here.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Quantic Dream “open” to becoming first-party Sony studio   Quantic Dream “open” to becoming first-party Sony studio I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 8:58 am

It would be a smart move, Heavy Rain sold about 2-3 million copies and for such a niche game that was a huge success, imagine Activison or EA funding a game like that? No chance. Sony took a chance and it paid off, kudos to them.

I say stick with them, QD.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Quantic Dream “open” to becoming first-party Sony studio XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Quantic Dream “open” to becoming first-party Sony studio   Quantic Dream “open” to becoming first-party Sony studio I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 3:27 pm

Like Stoney said, Sony took a big risk publishing that game, so obviously Sony is open to creative new titles. I actually thought QD was already under Sony's belt, but I guess that means it's that much more obvious what they need to do.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quantic Dream “open” to becoming first-party Sony studio   Quantic Dream “open” to becoming first-party Sony studio I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quantic Dream “open” to becoming first-party Sony studio
Page 1 of 1