Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Dear Jubjub

Go down 
+10
Dam_Noir
Stoney
Based Sonji
Hydell
Jack the Spectre
Franko
Bluenose
Mecha
The_Biotic_God
Orc
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:38 pm

You denied everything I said because I gave you no sources. I was only stating my observations... and it seems I am entirely correct. These are the possible effects marijuana has on the brain. And no this does not go for everyone, but I have witnessed most of these from a number of people.

Long-Term Effects Of Marijuana On Your Brain:

1.Impaired Short-Term Memory
2.Impaired Long-Term Memory
3.Decreased Speech Ability
4.Increased Anxiety
5.Depression Tendencies
6.Psychosis Tendencies
7.Loss of Co-ordination
8.Loss of Balance

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/5369203

I can tell you, people which suffer from these things don't make very good friends.

As for alcohol's long-term effects on the brain, the sources that claim it kills brain cells have been debunked and, yes, while it can damage certain molecules in your brain, that is only if you have a lack of Vitamin B.

Last edited by Lykos on Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:40 pm

That list is incredibly short...

Here are the short term effects of alcohol:

Slurred speech
Drowsiness
Vomiting
Diarrhea
Upset stomach
Headaches
Breathing difficulties
Distorted vision and hearing
Impaired judgment
Decreased perception and coordination
Unconsciousness
Anemia (loss of red blood cells)
Coma
Blackouts (memory lapses, where the drinker cannot remember events that occurred while under the influence)

And now here are the long term effects:

Unintentional injuries such as car crash, falls, burns, drowning
Intentional injuries such as firearm injuries, sexual assault, domestic violence
Increased on-the-job injuries and loss of productivity
Increased family problems, broken relationships
Alcohol poisoning
High blood pressure, stroke, and other heart-related diseases
Liver disease
Nerve damage
Sexual problems
Permanent damage to the brain
Vitamin B1 deficiency, which can lead to a disorder characterized by amnesia, apathy and disorientation
Ulcers
Gastritis (inflammation of stomach walls)
Malnutrition
Cancer of the mouth and throat
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:43 pm

You're not going to win this Lykos....
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Dear Jubjub R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:51 pm

Lykos is right though. Most people I know that smoked weed have been through all this. However, hippies never focus on the cons of smoking weed, just so they can try to justify it.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Alan in case you had not noticed...this is all long term effects on the brain. That is what we were discussing because I stated that most people I know that smoke weed have serious brain issues and therefore why I quit while I was ahead. Context ya twat. Razz

Most of the long term issues for alcohol that you addressed are only as a result of addiction and can be resolved from consuming, as I stated above, vitamin B and...eating! You'd have to be a retard to not eat...
Therefore alcohols mental effects are reversible.

Toxic, its all very well to just jump into the middle of debate and pick a side but if you are not contributing anything of value what is the point? And it is always easier to side with the person who has more people backing. I guess the minority will never be heard. But hey, at least my "drug" is legal.

Edit: Thank you Mecha. Someone who won't ignore their own observations and experience. To be honest all the ex-weed smokers I know quit for similar reasons to which I stated above. Memory loss and such. And the fact that they felt themselves becoming more childish or ignorant. Unless Jubjub has never had any contact with other human beings he would have seen some weed smokers that are in a pretty piss poor state but seems to deny it....
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Dear Jubjub Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 5:16 pm

How about.......

they both fuck you up?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:29 pm

Dear Jubjub Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSBKmMMhrg7ZUr1qDnJ2n5RqQxFnVwSCGaPGaVeaXlcGLTkz577dAVUaRc0
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Do the words "political shitstorm" mean anything to you!?!
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:18 pm

Teckno wrote:
How about.......

they both fuck you up?

Well observed. But if you bothered to read, it is actually about mental/psychosis stuff.
Nothing to do with physical harm, and of course alcohol is a lot worse in that aspect but basically what I was trying to say is that even if you are not addicted, if you smoke weed there is a chance of you becoming a changed person. I say a chance because some people don't really get affected (as far as we can see) much by it in the long run, but some people are fucking ruined to the point that you don't even think you can stand having them around you any longer.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Dear Jubjub XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:35 pm

Obviously smoking marijuana isn't good if you do it every day. Neither is eating french fries. But it's okay in moderation and supposedly can also be somewhat good for you.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:38 pm

^
For the third or fourth time.
This is not about the more physical side of things. This is about the way it affects your brain in the long run.

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Dear Jubjub XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:41 pm

I've never met someone who suffered from these unless they were an all-out pothead.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 9:51 pm

TheCinemaJack wrote:
I've never met someone who suffered from these unless they were an all-out pothead.

The guys I know that suffer from these kinds of things don't even smoke more often than weekly. Granted one of them's been smoking for about over 3 years now but it's seriously depressing. First time I met him he forgot my name, no joke, 10 times or more in a single day.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 6:07 am

My next door neighbour had his house re-posessed because he wasnt paying bills etc. He had pissed it all away on smoke and i never even recognised him he was that changed by it. A proper tragedy since he had more than enough money to pay off his mortgage but the cannabis took hold.

I realise some people here will say that im a fan of my drink...and i am...but ive never let it take control of me, hence i go on massive detoxes if i feel im starting to depend on alcohol just to get through the day.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 8:35 am

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:
My next door neighbour had his house re-posessed because he wasnt paying bills etc. He had pissed it all away on smoke and i never even recognised him he was that changed by it. A proper tragedy since he had more than enough money to pay off his mortgage but the cannabis took hold.

I realise some people here will say that im a fan of my drink...and i am...but ive never let it take control of me, hence i go on massive detoxes if i feel im starting to depend on alcohol just to get through the day.

I'm a massive fan of my drink and only love it even more now that I'm in university and can freely drink every day. Thing is, I can go days and days without drinking, but I always end up in the bar one way or another (I'm guaranteed to find some friends in there regardless when I go) and therefore I drink. I realize it is going to ruin my health, I mean my liver can only take so much whiskey every day before it just dies. But at least I know that drinking will never change who I am.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:14 am

Lykos wrote:
Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:

I'm a massive fan of my drink and only love it even more now that I'm in university and can freely drink every day. Thing is, I can go days and days without drinking, but I always end up in the bar one way or another (I'm guaranteed to find some friends in there regardless when I go) and therefore I drink. I realize it is going to ruin my health, I mean my liver can only take so much whiskey every day before it just dies. But at least I know that drinking will never change who I am.

This is how people who become alcoholics must think.....
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 10:16 am

I love drink, I love Hash when I can't drink, various reasons, on medication etc. As a matter of fact, I'm a bit hungover as I type this, thankfully I shall go on the lash again tonight and "chance me arm"

EDIT: Time to get drunk.

:drunk:
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 3:45 am

Why have you taken it upon yourself to be the moral arbiter of intoxicating substances Lykos?

I feel I should balance out the argument.

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:33 am

Dam_Noir wrote:
Why have you taken it upon yourself to be the moral arbiter of intoxicating substances Lykos?

lol not all intoxicating substances... just illegal drugs.
Namely weed though because its easy to get your hands on some and there is a chance of it completely ruining you as a person. Just sayin'.

Plus if you look back I think you'll find posts where I really wanted weed to be legalized. This is when I'd just started smoking it and was enjoying those highs. The moment I started to realize that already my memory was fucking up, I was getting somewhat paranoid, I began behaving somewhat immatre unintentionally and that my mind was constantly thinking about weed I began to get cold feet. I noticed also that I wasn't the only one, that every one that smoked with me were "not all there" in the head. Some had a constant absent minded look, even when not high... some behaved odd, one forgot simple things a few seconds later, one would get these weird shakes in his body for some reason, and so on.

I do realize not everyone gets affected by it. Some people, as far as we can see, are absolutely fine and seem completely unaffected.
But it is clear, and I have witnessed this first hand, that a lot do get seriously affected. Really, this is probably why it is not legalized. Because it is a truly fickle drug that no one can quite pin down. There are correlations, like Ive been talking about, but also anomalies.

Either way, drugs are bad mmmkay?
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:48 am

Lykos wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:

lol not all intoxicating substances... just illegal drugs.
Namely weed though because its easy to get your hands on some and there is a chance of it completely ruining you as a person. Just sayin'.

Plus if you look back I think you'll find posts where I really wanted weed to be legalized. This is when I'd just started smoking it and was enjoying those highs. The moment I started to realize that already my memory was fucking up, I was getting somewhat paranoid, I began behaving somewhat immatre unintentionally and that my mind was constantly thinking about weed I began to get cold feet. I noticed also that I wasn't the only one, that every one that smoked with me were "not all there" in the head. Some had a constant absent minded look, even when not high... some behaved odd, one forgot simple things a few seconds later, one would get these weird shakes in his body for some reason, and so on.

I do realize not everyone gets affected by it. Some people, as far as we can see, are absolutely fine and seem completely unaffected.
But it is clear, and I have witnessed this first hand, that a lot do get seriously affected. Really, this is probably why it is not legalized. Because it is a truly fickle drug that no one can quite pin down. There are correlations, like Ive been talking about, but also anomalies.

Either way, drugs are bad mmmkay?

The reason it was made illegal wasn't due it being 'truly fickle'.

http://www.drugwarrant.com/articles/why-is-marijuana-illegal/

Secondly I would spend your time worrying about the people you know who have been affected by it opposed to playing Mother Theresa on the internet.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 12:47 pm

^
Yeah I've read about this stuff, but for all you know those might just be one half of the story. Of course this site has its own retarded bias, look at the homepage "Drug WarRant supports and fights for the legalization of all recreational drugs.".

And either way, weed is illegal and the points I have outlined tells me that they are justified in keeping it that way.

And who said I am not worrying about them? One of my friends who has recently got into weed has been taking other shit like acid and heroine. I told him he is an idiot and how much I disapprove of it. I hammered in how he worries so much about shit and has bad paranoia already. I mean you should have seen him when he was convinced he had contracted HIV. Imagine taking all those drugs... it's only going to make things 100x worse.

And me playing "mother theresa" hardly takes up much time.... What does it take, 1-10 minutes to make a post? lol
I'm sorry if you are offended by the idea of someone voicing his reasons for disliking drugs but this is a forum. If you don't like the topic, don't look at it or comment on it. Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Dear Jubjub R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 5:28 pm

Yeah, one of my friends started doing coke and ecstasy after smoking weed.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 6:25 pm

Lykos wrote:
^
Yeah I've read about this stuff, but for all you know those might just be one half of the story. Of course this site has its own retarded bias, look at the homepage "Drug WarRant supports and fights for the legalization of all recreational drugs.".

And either way, weed is illegal and the points I have outlined tells me that they are justified in keeping it that way.

And who said I am not worrying about them? One of my friends who has recently got into weed has been taking other shit like acid and heroine. I told him he is an idiot and how much I disapprove of it. I hammered in how he worries so much about shit and has bad paranoia already. I mean you should have seen him when he was convinced he had contracted HIV. Imagine taking all those drugs... it's only going to make things 100x worse.

And me playing "mother theresa" hardly takes up much time.... What does it take, 1-10 minutes to make a post? lol
I'm sorry if you are offended by the idea of someone voicing his reasons for disliking drugs but this is a forum. If you don't like the topic, don't look at it or comment on it. Simple as that.

Crazy thought but perhaps the stronger Class A drugs may be having an effect on your pal as well as the Weed? Point is, the topic doesn't bother me at all. However it clearly bothers you... The funniest part is the person this thread is aimed at hasn't even replied.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:03 pm

Cos hes too busy smoking that weed son.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05, 2012 7:54 pm

Sexton_Hardcastle wrote:
Cos hes too busy smoking that weed son.

By now he's probably forgotten this forum exists...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dear Jubjub Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Jubjub   Dear Jubjub I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dear Jubjub
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next