Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

The best developer of the generation Is...

Go down 
+4
Jack the Spectre
ghost23
2Sugoi2Die
Mecha
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The best developer of the generation Is... R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

The best developer of the generation Is... Empty
PostSubject: The best developer of the generation Is...   The best developer of the generation Is... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 1:34 am

The best developer of the generation Is... Bad_dog-500x282

Quote :
No, we're not going to finish that sentence. That's up to you. :)

But as this generation grows a little long in the tooth, it's a viable question: which developer, in your estimation, has most impressed you over the past five years or so?

Many will immediately mention Naughty Dog, as the Uncharted series is arguably the best of the generation. The level of quality in those titles (especially the last two) is absolutely undeniable, and often trumps any competition. And oh yeah, The Last Of Us...  But they're not the only horse in this race; die-hard RPG fans might toss Bethesda's hat into the ring, as the likes of two Elder Scrolls titles (Oblivion and Skyrim), and a couple Fallout games make them a legitimate contender. They only seem to make Game of the Year nominees.

Then again, there's always the stable of Sony first-party studios that have delivered Killzone, Gran Turismo 5, God of War, LittleBigPlanet and inFamous. There's a possible dark horse pick in Thatgamecompany, who is about to deliver their third title - Journey - after two excellent downloadable titles, Flow and Flower. Ubisoft maybe shouldn't be counted out, as Assassin's Creed is a multiple award-winning and multiple million-selling series, and it's hardly the only franchise under the French publisher's umbrella. Rayman, anyone?

But what about Rockstar? Grand Theft Auto IV and Red Dead Redemption alone put them in the running, but Max Payne 3 and GTAV are approaching rapidly. BioWare has Mass Effect and Dragon Age. Maybe all it took to convince you of superiority was a single title; i.e., Quantic Dream's Heavy Rain and Kojima Productions' Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. Insomniac delivered three great Resistance titles and several entertaining Ratchet & Clank titles, and they've got a new project in the works, too (Overstrike). And we say Resistance was under-appreciated.

No, it's not an easy decision. But give it a try, anyway.

Source: PSX
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

The best developer of the generation Is... StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: The best developer of the generation Is...   The best developer of the generation Is... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 7:34 am

I would have to say no one.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: The best developer of the generation Is...   The best developer of the generation Is... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 7:49 am

Epic Games?
Most used gaming engine in the industry (Unreal 3)
Redefined 3rd person shooter gameplay and cover mechanics
Gears of War 1 was the first game to show the true potential of "next-gen" graphics
Gears of War 2's Horde mode is just about in every single game nowdays.

I know the source is from a playstation site, but if you are going to ask who the best developer of the generation is, Epic is definitely up there.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The best developer of the generation Is... XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The best developer of the generation Is...   The best developer of the generation Is... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 12:02 pm

Treyarch
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: The best developer of the generation Is...   The best developer of the generation Is... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 1:43 pm

Valve, ND, Bungie and Epic are definitely some of the greatest developers IMO.

TheCinemaJack wrote:
Treyarch

The best developer of the generation Is... 32610
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: The best developer of the generation Is...   The best developer of the generation Is... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:12 pm

I laughed as soon as I saw the source.

I think the best developer is Epic games. Not just for their innovative Gears of War series but for their widely used engine. Unreal Engine 3 powers many great games like Mass Effect, Batman, Bioshock, etc.

Last edited by The_Biotic_God on Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: The best developer of the generation Is...   The best developer of the generation Is... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:44 pm

I like how the article didn't list one Xbox exclusive game.

The fanboy in this site is strong.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

The best developer of the generation Is... 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: The best developer of the generation Is...   The best developer of the generation Is... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 3:51 pm

/\

it's a playstation site what do you expect?

I would say:

Epic
Bethesda
Irrational
Naughty Dog
Bioware
Rocksteady

Damn, to many to choose from!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: The best developer of the generation Is...   The best developer of the generation Is... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:56 pm

Epic
Rocksteady
Bioware
Naughty Dog
Bethesda
Irrational
Ubisoft
Rockstar
Valve
Bungie
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: The best developer of the generation Is...   The best developer of the generation Is... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:05 pm

@Chobo.

Well, it's talking about the the best developer of this generation which is a general statement. However I understand your point considering it was posted on PS3 News.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: The best developer of the generation Is...   The best developer of the generation Is... I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:18 pm

That's really bad journalism tbh. I expect something like that from IGN.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best developer of the generation Is...   The best developer of the generation Is... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The best developer of the generation Is...
Page 1 of 1