Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon.

Go down 
+8
igame
2Sugoi2Die
Chobo
Bluenose
NoelX2
Orc
Mecha
Jack the Spectre
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon.   Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 8:59 pm

http://ds.ign.com/articles/121/1219443p1.html

IGN wrote:
The third entry in the Black and White set of Pokemon games has finally
been confirmed. The game, which at least for now is called Pokemon Black
2 and White 2, will be released for Nintendo DS in Japan this June, no word yet on a global release date.

News of this new Pokemon game has arrived care of series producer Junichi Masuda. Following yesterday's tease that big news was on the way, Masuda revealed the new game today during the Japanese show Pokemon Smash.

I new they ran out of steam the minute they made ice cream and lamps into Pokémon. I initially thought this was a prank because of how stupid it was, but nope.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon.   Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:22 pm

I never got why Nintendo didn't put out a console version of the Game Boy/DS games?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon.   Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:30 pm

They're not. They're just lazy fucks who find it easier to create a game on an engine that has barely been altered in decades.

Make it fully 3D already guys!
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon.   Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Please....no more Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon.   Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:41 pm

WEll after a 405374543905430 pokemon games, I'm not suprised. I wonder how many pokemon have they come up with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon.   Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 9:42 pm

I stopped playing Pokemon aftter HG/SS.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon.   Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Personally I think pokemon should stay handheld.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon.   Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 6:26 am

Pokemon was ruined after gen 2.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon.   Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:35 pm

Mecha wrote:
I never got why Nintendo didn't put out a console version of the Game Boy/DS games?
I couldn't really see myself playing Pokémon on a console as it is. I wouldn't mind a Pokémon on the Wii U, but it would have to be more open and not so isometric. And it would need a new battle system, preferably more real-time.

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Pokemon was ruined after gen 2.
I liked the Hoenn games. The Sinnoh games were okay but by then the formula got a bit old.
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon.   Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 3:44 pm

Pokemon MMO?

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon.   Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:33 pm

WTF? Why aren't they on the Nintendo 3DS, a brand new handheld, instead of the DS which is pretty much dead now. That being said, Pokemon died to me after gen 4. The HG/SS games were good though. This is probably because they were remakes to the gen 2 games, which is considered by many people the best pokemon games. Black and White, while being a decent game, had HORRIBLE Pokemon. Please Nintendo, just make a new IP for fuck sakes.

Pokemon needs to die.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon.   Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 2:29 am

Duke wrote:
WTF? Why aren't they on the Nintendo 3DS, a brand new handheld, instead of the DS which is pretty much dead now. That being said, Pokemon died to me after gen 4. The HG/SS games were good though. This is probably because they were remakes to the gen 2 games, which is considered by many people the best pokemon games. Black and White, while being a decent game, had HORRIBLE Pokemon. Please Nintendo, just make a new IP for fuck sakes.

Pokemon needs to die.

I know exactly what you're saying, Where did all the originally go? I mean just look at Gen 1. We had a purple snake, a crap, a rock with a face and two arms, a bat, a purple blob, a bee, a butterfly etc.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon.   Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 7:16 am

Difference is that these pokemon atleast had personality. The later gen pokemons were just pathetic carbon copies of the first gen pokemons.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon.   Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:25 am

i bet nintendo are kicking themselfs for not thinking of the skylanders portal, just imagine the potential :awwyeah:
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon.   Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 11:57 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
Difference is that these pokemon atleast had personality. The later gen pokemons were just pathetic carbon copies of the first gen pokemons.

WTF are you talking about? They don't look anything like the first gen pokemon. Seriously everyone here is just blinded by nostalgia I highly doubt you even played Black or White. They are just as good as Silver/Gold and Red/Blue were. You can only use the new pokemon until you beat the game so you don't know what to expect and the games actually have a real story around this time rather than just collect all the badges and beat the elite four. And what do you mean by personality? That doesn't even make sense.

As for everyone saying they make too many pokemon games, maybe they do, but it's not like they are all the same. The main pokemon games only come out every 3 or 4 years and the spinoffs are all a completely different genre. They've had puzzle games, card games, dungeon crawlers, action RGPs, adventure games, they even had a fucking pokemon racing game and an educational game and soon they're releasing an SRPG. Games like Crystal, Platinum and these are just basically Game of the Year Editions of the current pokemon generation games it's not like you miss out on much by not playing it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon.   Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:33 am

I agree with BlackStigma. It's the same thing with Halo. People say that the franchise is being milked, but there has only been 4 main Halo games in the past 10 years.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon.   Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:33 am

TheCinemaJack wrote:
I new they ran out of steam the minute they made ice cream and lamps into Pokémon.
Why?
Having a living lamp can be quite useful and it won't even raise your electricity bill, considering the fact that it doesn't need to be powered by electricity at all. I love you
Now as for the Ice Cream, I think you might be a cannibal if you are thinking of eating a living Ice Cream
Razz

BlackStigma wrote:
As for everyone saying they make too many pokemon games, maybe they do, but it's not like they are all the same. The main pokemon games only come out every 3 or 4 years and the spinoffs are all a completely different genre. They've had puzzle games, card games, dungeon crawlers, action RGPs, adventure games, they even had a fucking pokemon racing game and an educational game and soon they're releasing an SRPG. Games like Crystal, Platinum and these are just basically Game of the Year Editions of the current pokemon generation games it's not like you miss out on much by not playing it.
My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon.   Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nintendo is running out of new ideas for Pokémon.
Page 1 of 1