Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cruis'n USA (N64) review

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

Cruis'n USA (N64) review Empty
PostSubject: Cruis'n USA (N64) review   Cruis'n USA (N64) review I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 10:14 pm

I review this N64 classic. Cruis'n USA was released in late 1996 after having an arcade release in 1994.

Cruis'n USA (N64) review 1181242101120

Gameplay : Its racing. Its cool and all that. You can cruise around the USA. But its just missing something....more variety. Iowa looks like Indiana. There are too many damn tracks in California. No places like Florida or Michigan.
Some of the tracks are just fun. The Grand Canyon, Golden Gate Bridge, Washington DC (It ends there. Oh, and you cant unlock it. WTF?), and Iowa. Just to name a few. I wish the paths to Washington DC was similar to the Outrun series. You can go either the North or South. That would of been much better. But its cool.
One more thing that bothers me...the collision detection. OMG ITS FLAWED!!! When you hit a car (Opponents or regular driver), you spin or just do some kind of flip. SOMETIMES, the car does nothing and you keep going. But when it does, ohhhhh boy. Lets say you have 4 cars including yourself. You hit one. You spin. You hit another one. You spin. You hit the next one. You spin. You hit the invisible fence. YOU FUCKING SPIN!!!! OMG ITS BAD!!!

Graphics : Yeah...doesn't look anything like 3D. Instead, its just 2D. And its inferior to the arcade port. But I love it. Sure, I think the arcade's graphics are more appealing than the N64's version. But I still love it!

Sound : The soundtrack is good. Here are my favorites...

Again, its inferior to the arcade. But I still love it!
The bad thing is that they are placed in a weird way IMO. Grand Canyon should have Bluegrass Boogie. Well...yeah.

Verdict : Great game, it does have its flaws but I'm sure you'll get past that!

Gameplay : 7.7
Graphics : 9
Sound : 8.5

Overall (Not an average) : 8.1/10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

Cruis'n USA (N64) review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruis'n USA (N64) review   Cruis'n USA (N64) review I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 6:54 am

I used to love playing this with my brother when we where smaller, but for quality Razz I think you made a correct statement.
Back to top Go down

Cruis'n USA (N64) review
Page 1 of 1