Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Twisted Metal will require an online passes

Go down 
+8
The Enkindler
Hydell
Based Sonji
Archduke
Jack the Spectre
Stoney
Mecha
Stigma
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

Twisted Metal will require an online passes Empty
PostSubject: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:46 pm

http://kotaku.com/5878090/twisted-metal-will-require-an-online-pass-after-all

Quote :
The creator of venerable car-combat series Twisted Metal had hoped that the game's upcoming PlayStation 3 reawakening would not be subjected to an "Online Pass," that single-use code unlocking online multiplayer access to the game. David Jaffe admitted it wasn't his decision though, and Sony proved him right. Twisted Metal will indeed know the code.

The Gamers Hub, getting a look at the game, confirmed with a QA lead that Twisted Metal needs an Online Pass. That means all used copies, unless you're lucky and whoever had the one you bought didn't redeem the code, will have to fork over an additional $10 through PlayStation Network if they want to get online.

In December, Jaffe had argued that the game's heavy multiplayer focus makes it important that gamers face as few barriers to getting online as possible. Evidently, Sony had other priorities.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Twisted Metal will require an online passes R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:49 pm

I never buy used games anyway.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 3:59 am

I'm sure if people had an interest in the game they would buy it new, God knows a niche game like Twisted Metal needs the sales.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Twisted Metal will require an online passes XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 6:37 am

Fucking Sony . . .
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:09 pm

what the hell?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 7:17 pm

Stoney wrote:
I'm sure if people had an interest in the game they would buy it new, God knows a niche game like Twisted Metal needs the sales.

Twisted Metal 2 sold 1.74mil.... Pretty fucking good.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Twisted Metal will require an online passes XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:09 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Twisted Metal 2 sold 1.74mil.... Pretty fucking good.
Yeah, now imagine how much a GOOD Twisted Metal game will sell!

Oh wait . . . wasn't the PSone the highest-selling console of that generation? And PS3 is first place too, amirite?
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2012 11:42 pm

Thats kinda a bad way to look at it TRF.

MGS4 was released on PS3 back when it really was behind in console sales yet its sold more than MGS3 which released on the PS2 when it was utterly crushing all the competition sales wise.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 7:02 am

Damn, the really do want to kill off the Used market.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:05 pm

Reaper wrote:

MGS4 was released on PS3 back when it really was behind in console sales yet its sold more than MGS3 which released on the PS2 when it was utterly crushing all the competition sales wise.

God of War 3 sold more than the first two as well.

TRF, you're dumb.

Twisted Metal is currently sitting at the top 10 pre orders worldwide. It's going to do exceptionally well.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 1:33 pm

It kinda sucks cause titles like these, I usually end up buying them used....
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 3:05 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
Reaper wrote:

TRF, you're dumb.

Twisted Metal is currently sitting at the top 10 pre orders worldwide. It's going to do exceptionally well.

Jesus, Cerna, relax, whenever some has an opinion that you don't agree with regarding the PS3 you get all defensive.
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 5:24 pm

Stoney wrote:
CernaMLD wrote:
Reaper wrote:

TRF, you're dumb.

Jesus, Cerna, relax, whenever some has an opinion that you don't agree with regarding the PS3 you get all defensive.

That's not true so piss off.

I'm only like that whenever I don't agree with anything. Ps3 related or not. :fuckthat:
Plus, I only called him dumb. Wtf is the reason to overreact about that for?
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 6:02 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
Reaper wrote:

And where do you get those statistics from?
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 6:09 pm

ghost23 wrote:
CernaMLD wrote:
Reaper wrote:

VGChartz :fuckthat:
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:07 pm

CernaMLD wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
CernaMLD wrote:
Reaper wrote:

You do know that VGChartz's preorder table is for USA only, not worldwide. I wouldnt say its doing exceptionally well in the preorder chart since its being beaten by Halo 4 where the only info we have is a 1 minute teaser
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:32 pm

CernaMLD wrote:

Stoney wrote:
CernaMLD wrote:
Reaper wrote:

TRF, you're dumb.

That's not true so piss off.

I'm only like that whenever I don't agree with anything. Ps3 related or not. :fuckthat:
Plus, I only called him dumb. Wtf is the reason to overreact about that for?

Did I touch a nerve there, fella?
Back to top Go down
CernaMLD
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:46 pm

ghost23 wrote:
CernaMLD wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
CernaMLD wrote:
Reaper wrote:

You do know that VGChartz's preorder table is for USA only, not worldwide. I wouldnt say its doing exceptionally well in the preorder chart since its being beaten by Halo 4 where the only info we have is a 1 minute teaser

Right. Let's compare it to a 10+ million selling franchise that has had multiple AAA releases in this gen alone. Smart. And if that's US only then I have seriously underestimated it. :fuckthat:

@Stoney
Clearly I have considering you called me out on something ridiculous based on two posts I've made...
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Take it easy now boys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2012 5:29 pm

Yeah guys, seriously. It's getting out of hand.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Twisted Metal will require an online passes TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 3:40 pm

So....does it still require the online pass? I'm thinking of buying it, looks fun.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 3:31 pm

IDK. I never picked it up, because I thought it looked bad. Most people either loved it or hated it.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Twisted Metal will require an online passes TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 3:39 pm

I'll prob pick it up, loved TM2 and TM BLACK and the one on PSP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Twisted Metal will require an online passes   Twisted Metal will require an online passes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Twisted Metal will require an online passes
Page 1 of 1