Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steam for Xbox 360?

Go down 
+3
TheJubJub5721
The_Biotic_God
NoelX2
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

Steam for Xbox 360? Empty
PostSubject: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 9:54 pm

This was from a topic on Amazon.
Quote :
Recently an announcement confirmed the inclusion of a new technology integrated into XBox Live. The news revealed the compatibility of RakNet's Networking technology which can seamlessly host many of the features that currently exist on the XBox Live, and add more.

Congratulations to Mr. Jenkins and his very flexible networking technology, more congrats to Xbox 360 fans who may be getting one of the coolest addition to Xbox Live since its launch. This inclusion also reveals some cool possibilities that can now become available to Xbox gamers. The most amazing feature is the one that offers Steam integrations, a feature recently add to the Playstation 3 via RakNet's Networking solution. here are a list of features RakNet adds to gaming networks.

Natively integrated features are:

* Lobby and room matchmaking
* Network address traversal connectivit
* Use of Steam servers for forwarding traffic

Does this mean Steam on Xbox 360, it's real possibility. Though, no official announcement has been made by Microsoft, we expect Microsoft to announce more later this year. Read more about Microsoft and RakNet right here.

Source: http://www.thegameheadz.com/Home/AddArticles/XBoxLive/tabid/811/pageindex/2/Default.aspx

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If this is indeed true then this is great news for 360 owners, especially in light of the special treatment the PS3 version of Portal 2 is receiving. Hopefully with this Valve would be able to do the same thing with the 360, or even better patch it in at a later date.

Still this does seem rather likely since Microsoft has been criticized for quite some time now about their policies and servers for Live and this would definitely allow developers more control over their games and the content released for it.

Also I'm hoping this will be the start of the feature war I think Microsoft and Sony are about to get in. I'm thinking this year we're going to see them competing to outdo and copy one another by adding in more features for PSN+ and Xbox Live Gold.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:10 pm

I would be a very happy camper if they brought Steamworks to 360.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:36 pm

I have real steam, so I am good.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:13 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Shut up noob. Get a PS3.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:40 am

What about Steam would make Xbox Live better?

Seriously, I don't know. Besides what was already listed.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 1:54 am

Pickles1337 wrote:

Many more, and more frequent updates
PC/Console cross platform online gaming (not competitively I hope)
Cloud Storage. Meaning your save files would be stored on Valve's servers in addition to your own hard drive. It'd be helpful incase your hard drive crashed or something.

That's about it I think.

Keep in mind it'd just be Steamworks, not Steam itself.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 8:07 am

Sovereign Alan wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Shut up noob. Get a PS3.

Why? That would be a downgrade from the master race Razz

Lol nah, I just don't see the point. I barely even play my 360 anymore.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 4:14 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

Cloud Storage. Meaning your save files would be stored on Valve's servers in addition to your own hard drive. It'd be helpful incase your hard drive crashed or something.

That's about it I think.

Meaning more games will be shipped glitchy?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 8:36 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

That's about it I think.

That's typically how games go.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:23 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

That's about it I think.

That's typically how games go.

My copy of Crash Bandicoot 2 seems to work bug and glitch free.

Funny how that works.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:30 am

Pickles1337 wrote:

Funny how that works.

That's because the PSone had no online or DLC system.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:32 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

Funny how that works.

Exactly. I love you
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 4:00 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

Funny how that works.

Exactly. I love you

So your saying no online = better working games? That is retarded. I could argue the online sends updates which fix the game. And it's because dev's (especially under companies like Activision) rush their games meaning they have numerous bugs and glitches.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 7:36 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

Funny how that works.

Exactly. I love you

So your saying no online = better working games? That is retarded. I could argue the online sends updates which fix the game. And it's because dev's (especially under companies like Activision) rush their games meaning they have numerous bugs and glitches.

You may think it's retarded but that is a fact. Games on the Wii are on average far less buggy and run smoother than 360 or PS3 games cause the devs can't patch a game if it is buggy.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:35 pm

PSN got it first. Superior service is superior.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 9:03 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:

Funny how that works.

Exactly. I love you

You may think it's retarded but that is a fact. Games on the Wii are on average far less buggy and run smoother than 360 or PS3 games cause the devs can't patch a game if it is buggy.

While what you're saying about games running smoother is true, your reasoning about it is stupid.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 9:05 pm

Hypnotoad wrote:
While what you're saying about games running smoother is true, your reasoning about it is stupid.

How is it stupid? The devs know they can't patch games they made on the Wii or PS2 so they go through a lot of testing to make sure the game is bug free.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 6:23 am

Teckno wrote:
PSN got it first. Superior service is superior.

nuuuu how dare u mess with almighty xbox live Sad
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 6:45 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:

How is it stupid? The devs know they can't patch games they made on the Wii or PS2 so they go through a lot of testing to make sure the game is bug free.

Or they can do this anyways? And if there happens to be a bug, your fucked. It isn't a fact that no online is better, it's just plain stupid.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 7:46 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Hypnotoad wrote:

Or they can do this anyways? And if there happens to be a bug, your fucked. It isn't a fact that no online is better, it's just plain stupid.

They don't and YOU know they don't.

Nobody said that no online being better is a fact. We're saying that it's a fact that games last gen generally were less glitchy because of the no online thing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steam for Xbox 360?   Steam for Xbox 360? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steam for Xbox 360?
Page 1 of 1