Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

343: "No more Halo side-stories"

Go down 
+12
Pickles1337
NoelX2
ArchAngel
Hydell
Azazel
TheJubJub5721
Jack the Spectre
Based Sonji
The_Biotic_God
Stigma
ghost23
RamboOnRedBull
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

343: "No more Halo side-stories"   Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

343: "No more Halo side-stories"   Empty
PostSubject: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 10:44 am

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/854573-microsoft-no-more-halo-side-stories
343: "No more Halo side-stories"   3128676713 343: "No more Halo side-stories"   3128676713 343: "No more Halo side-stories"   3128676713 Master Chief FTW!
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 6:46 pm

So i guess we won't be seeing a Halo Wars 2. Shame.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 1:23 am

ghost23 wrote:
So i guess we won't be seeing a Halo Wars 2. Shame.

Except this is 343 Industries, not Robot Entertainment (dudes from Ensemble), so that means there could still be a Halo Wars 2.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 12:43 pm

Halo 4 confirmed?
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 1:19 pm

Wasn't a Halo Kinect domain purchased by Microsoft some time ago?

I read the article on Joystiq. You can look for it there.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

343: "No more Halo side-stories"   XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 1:27 pm

Great. So instead of seeing more of the Halo universe in video game form, they're just going to draw out Master Chief's story even though it ended perfectly.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 1:42 pm

Halo story sucks anyway Razz
Back to top Go down
Azazel
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Azazel

343: "No more Halo side-stories"   5DfcoiC
Stature : 7
Equestria

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 6:32 am

TRF wrote:
Great. So instead of seeing more of the Halo universe in video game form, they're just going to draw out Master Chief's story even though it ended perfectly.

Someone (I believe it was Frank O'Connor) said they "thought it would suck if it was just left on a cliffhanger." Or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 7:02 pm

Halo's universe is massive, why do they always have to focus on Master Chief....he sucks in the games anyway he has no development at all throughout Halo CE to Halo 3. Nothing at all.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:20 pm

Deus Ex Machina wrote:
TRF wrote:

Someone (I believe it was Frank O'Connor) said they "thought it would suck if it was just left on a cliffhanger." Or something like that.
Well Frank O'Connor is retarded.

Reaper wrote:
Halo's universe is massive, why do they always have to focus on Master Chief....he sucks in the games anyway he has no development at all throughout Halo CE to Halo 3. Nothing at all.
Exactly, and at this point it's probably too late to do anything.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 8:35 pm

Perfect Ending? Floating in space endlessly is a perfect ending? Master Chief's subplot was always boring. He is nothing more than a medium for us to experience the Halo universe. They could easly continue the Halo storyline after Halo 3 with MC.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 9:44 pm

I thought it was a fine ending. The hero saves the day and gets lost in space as a result.

I'm not saying the story was great, but the ending was a satisfying one.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 10:24 pm

TRF wrote:
I thought it was a fine ending. The hero saves the day and gets lost in space as a result.

I'm not saying the story was great, but the ending was a satisfying one.

Well yea, drifting endlessly in space is the next best thing to death. Many people didn't like MC.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Stature : 20
Heaven
Playing : Sarcasm

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 7:17 pm

This is good news.I hated the cliff hanger at the end of Halo 3, its been driving me nuts(The part that the ship half floats towards and unkown planet).Not to mention the flood are still alive

The only thing we have seen that takes place after Halo 3 in the last bit of reach, where you see Reach being terraformed again in 2580 something.

I honeslty dont see the big critisism with MC?Hes actually a great character(if you know his story, the games dont show his story).He just a silent protagonist.What the hell is so wrong with that?You guys critisize MC yet you see assholes like kratos and you praise the hell outa him.MC is just the persons avatar into the universe.They made him silent for a reason.

But I guess scince he doesnt talk much in the games hes the most terrible character in history eye roll
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 5:24 pm

Kratos isn't a great character, but he's better than MC. He's motivated, fearless, and ruthless. He's actually got a backstory.

And no, I'm not reading the books to learn MC's backstory.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 7:14 pm

TRF wrote:
Kratos isn't a great character, but he's better than MC. He's motivated, fearless, and ruthless. He's actually got a backstory.

(How can I say amen to a guy like him? Hmmmmm... so many questions).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Heaven

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 7:39 pm

TRF wrote:

MC has backstory too.......

Well then you cant say MC is a terrible character.Just because you have not read the novels or dont want to doesnt mean he is bad.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 11:01 pm

Zeratul wrote:
TRF wrote:

Well then you cant say MC is a terrible character.Just because you have not read the novels or dont want to doesnt mean he is bad.

You shouldn't have to read a novel to understand a games character. I have played all the games of each series, and judging from them, Kratos is definitely the better character.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 1:52 am

TRF wrote:

I don't get how that is any different than MC.

Although from my knowledge, I haven't seen MC doing anything ruthless. Unless...
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Heaven

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 10:05 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
TRF wrote:

You shouldn't have to read a novel to understand a games character. I have played all the games of each series, and judging from them, Kratos is definitely the better character.

Why not?There is nothing wrong with MC being a silent protagonist in the game.And if you DO want to know MC's back story, read the damn novel.You cant say MC is a bad character without actually reading about him

Do you honestly think it would have been wise for bungie to add a backstory for MC in the Halo campaigns?You have any idea how long each campaign would need to be?See, this is why you and TRf should read the novels before you say BS things.

Id much rather have a good backstory in novel form then a rushed and non descriptive backstory like you find in video games.Hell, Commander Shepard himself doesnt have much of a backstory(you get to chose his backstory but the descriptions for them are only a few sentences long).
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Backstory should be in the game, not a novel.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

343: "No more Halo side-stories"   0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 3:24 pm

Zeratul wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
TRF wrote:

Why not?There is nothing wrong with MC being a silent protagonist in the game.And if you DO want to know MC's back story, read the damn novel.You cant say MC is a bad character without actually reading about him

Do you honestly think it would have been wise for bungie to add a backstory for MC in the Halo campaigns?You have any idea how long each campaign would need to be?See, this is why you and TRf should read the novels before you say BS things.

Id much rather have a good backstory in novel form then a rushed and non descriptive backstory like you find in video games.Hell, Commander Shepard himself doesnt have much of a backstory(you get to chose his backstory but the descriptions for them are only a few sentences long).

Maybe I don't want to buy and read the novel. Maybe I just want to play the damn game.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 4:21 pm

Stoney wrote:

This.

You shouldn't have to read a novel to understand the game's character.
Back to top Go down
ArchAngel
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ArchAngel

Heaven

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 7:38 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Stoney wrote:

This.

You shouldn't have to read a novel to understand the game's character.

You dont get it.If they wanted to show MC's backstory, then they would need a 30-50 hour campaign.You cant just sum up his backstory in a few cutscenes.

Unless the plot directly involves the characters backstory, then the plot must focus at the topic at hand.Bungie couldnt tell you the story of cheif while cheif is trying to blow up Halo can they?of course not.

You guys dont seem to understand that at all.Please dont make me repeat for the third time
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 02, 2011 8:26 pm

I don't have an issue with a longer, more cinematic and well-put-together campaign. If that's what it takes for a good story, then I'm willing to sacrifice a shitty campaign for a good one. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 343: "No more Halo side-stories"    343: "No more Halo side-stories"   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

343: "No more Halo side-stories"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next