Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live?

Go down 
+3
Archduke
The_Biotic_God
yonny616
7 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live? Empty
PostSubject: Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live?   Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:33 pm

Is XBL next? Will Microsoft fall like Sony?
Quote :
Microsoft's award-winning Xbox Live service has been consistently reliable since its launch way back in 2002. But unusually, today it seems to be suffering from a huge disruption as gamers the world over are reporting issues playing multiplayer games of Call of Duty, the Battlefield 3 Beta, Gears of War 3, FIFA 12 and many more.

Joypad lock ups, system crashes, greyed out menu options and a complete inability to play anything online are all symptoms I've personally experienced across a wide range of games since earlier today.

To confuse matters further, however, Xbox Live partys seem to work OK and communications are in full working order.

With no official statement from Microsoft explaining this outage, we can't help but wonder whether something untoward is going on, particularly after the recent PSN outages.

More as we get it.
http://www.allaboutthegames.co.uk/feature_story.php?headline=Hackers-targeting-Microsoft-as-huge-disruption-hits-Xbox-Live-&article_id=12135
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live?   Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 01, 2011 11:45 pm

Those problems are a bit too vague to link hackers as the main source. It could be that some recent XBL update is causing issues like system crashing and freezing.

I mean seriously. Want to see something that is obviously hacked? Play COD4 on ANY platform. We'll know X360/XBL has been hacked once you see people playing Uncharted or a Mario game on your XBL friendslist!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live?   Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 10:22 am

[quote="Old_Spice_Guy"]Those problems are a bit too vague to link hackers as the main source. It could be that some recent XBL update is causing issues like system crashing and freezing.

I mean seriously. Want to see something that is obviously hacked? Play COD4 on ANY platform. We'll know X360/XBL has been hacked once you see people playing Uncharted or a Mario game on your XBL friendslist![/quote]

I wish we could Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live?   Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 10:53 am

Microsoft buffed their security ever since Sony's little problem. I believe these little things are too small to even factor.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live?   Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 6:17 pm

Ummm....

I've played Gears of War 3 multiplayer for countless hours over the last week and the dedicated servers are the best console online experience I've ever had. Calling false on this article.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live?   Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 6:25 pm

^^

I'M CALLING FUCKING BULLSHIT ON THIS. 7.14MBPS WIRED CONNECTION AND TAKES FOREVER JUST TO JOIN A FUCKING MATCH.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live?   Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 6:42 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

I'M CALLING FUCKING BULLSHIT ON THIS. 7.14MBPS WIRED CONNECTION AND TAKES FOREVER JUST TO JOIN A FUCKING MATCH.

lol bad luck man. I play on 8mbps wireless and i get into games within seconds and blast peoples faces off with the Sawed off Shotgun (yes Im one of those!)
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live?   Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2011 6:55 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

Errrr.

Everytime I join your game and you're the host. There is a shit ton of lag. Also the matchmaking times are a lot longer. You sure that your ISP isn't giving you 7.14 KBPS?
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live?   Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 1:56 pm

Yeah it's fucked, Xbox freezed a few times when I tried to sign in, and when I do manage to sign in a get signed out almost immediately. :/
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live?   Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 3:59 pm

XBL is gonna be hacked and shut down I soon. Yup, I said it.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live?   Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 4:18 pm

Duke wrote:

You saying something doesn't really change the course of history. Am I suppose to be offended or something?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live?   Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 4:24 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Duke wrote:

You saying something doesn't really change the course of history. Am I suppose to be offended or something?

No lol. I just said it aka I said something.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live?   Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 4:28 pm

XBL is NOT gonna be hacked and WON'T be shut down.

Your turn duke. :challengeaccep
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live?   Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:

shut up Jesus Christ.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live?   Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 7:03 pm

Duke wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

shut up Jesus Christ.

You just called toxic Jesus Christ :lolguy:.

Get back on topic, moron.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live?   Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:37 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Duke wrote:
Toxicmaniac wrote:

shut up Jesus Christ.

You just called toxic Jesus Christ :lolguy:.

Get back on topic, moron.

no u
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live?   Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hackers Targeting Microsoft as Huge Disruption Hits Xbox Live?
Page 1 of 1