Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?

Go down 
+11
BioDemon
RamboOnRedBull
The_Biotic_God
Based Sonji
Archduke
Stoney
Bluenose
Chobo
Jack the Spectre
Shigdig
Mecha
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:46 am

Sackboy or Ratchet and Clank.

Personally, I would have picked Nathan Drake, but oh well, I guess most people don't like that idea.
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 11:26 am

Kratos, GoW is the highest selling exclusive franchise on the PS consoles, bar Gran Turismo and (now) Uncharted, I don't think we want a car as the mascot, and Drake looks too generic, like Toxic said "A mascot needs to scream sony like MC screams Microsoft." Drake doesn't do that.

TL;DR version
Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 Godofwar2_kratos_thumbnail
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:02 pm

We need Jak and Daxter 4 IMO.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2011 1:53 am

Topics been discussed before and my opinion remains the same...PlayStation is too diverse to have a mascot. Look at E3, when they show a promo of all the games already out and upcoming games to the system...THAT is the systems mascot IMO.

Why settle having just one when you can have them all?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 3:43 pm

Reaper wrote:
Topics been discussed before and my opinion remains the same...PlayStation is too diverse to have a mascot. Look at E3, when they show a promo of all the games already out and upcoming games to the system...THAT is the systems mascot IMO.

Why settle having just one when you can have them all?

THIS

Also, to say that LBP is not popular enough is kinda ironic considering that the 1st one sold 4.5 million + on ps3 and 1.0 million + on PSP, making it one of the highest selling exclusives on PS this gen...

Again, Sackboy appeals to everyone; the child who adores cute things, the teen who likes to have fun with buddys, the adult who likes craetivity, LBP has what other Sony franchises lack; A Diverse appeal to the consumers.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 5:21 am

I'm reviving this thread because it's still relevant.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 5:24 am

Why was Universe banned?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 5:32 am

Orion wrote:
Why was Universe banned?

Because he turned out to be The Thing, which he's still among us right now. I love you
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 7:10 am

Wut
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am

Sony doesn't have that well establish character that can be recognized by almost anyone yet. There are potential candidates though. If I have to pick it would be Ratchet & Clank.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 11:50 am

sackboy

why?

because he can dress up as any playstation character.

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 23036_6308719147_b8789cdb77

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 Little-big-planet-infamous-evil-costume

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 Killzone

etc etc
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 2:29 pm

I think it should be Ratchet and Clank. They've been around a long time, and the massive arsenal of creative weapons really represents PlayStation's library. Also, everything Jack said.

And I realize All 4 One and Full Frontal Assault weren't nearly as good as the Future Trilogy, or some of the PS2 games, but I think those were just side-projects while Insomniac was working on Fuse and whatnot. Into the Nexus looks real good.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 13, 2013 2:36 pm

I agree with shig
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?   Who should be PlayStation's official mascot? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who should be PlayStation's official mascot?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2