Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Cancel your Xbox Live subscription

Go down 
+4
Archduke
The_Biotic_God
Blixtstorm
Orc
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Cancel your Xbox Live subscription Empty
PostSubject: Cancel your Xbox Live subscription   Cancel your Xbox Live subscription I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 7:45 am

I cancelled my xbox live subscription today, as I am going to uni and not bringing my xbox so having to pay £6 a month is a little pointless.
But when I phoned up the dude asked me if I was sure that I wanted to cancel, and that I was eligible for a year of xbox live subscription for just £26.
I turned it down (it wasn't easy, I have to admit) but it just made me think... they are probably desperate to keep people on xbox live. So if you have a history of spending a lot of money on xbox live; like you paid every month for it, then they may have to give you the same offer as me to stay on.
So just putting this out there, if your subscription is on its last few days, or if you have auto-renewal, you should consider phoning up to cancel your subscription as you may land yourself with a whole year for half the price.

:)
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Cancel your Xbox Live subscription   Cancel your Xbox Live subscription I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 8:59 am

All subscription services have offers to keep you to still pay.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Cancel your Xbox Live subscription   Cancel your Xbox Live subscription I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 11:43 am

Blixtstorm wrote:
All subscription services have offers to keep you to still pay.

Yarp but considering a lot of people want xbox live to be cheaper or free, this is a good possibility.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Cancel your Xbox Live subscription   Cancel your Xbox Live subscription I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 2:48 pm

I don't trust MS with my credit card information. I just buy the prepaid cards.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Cancel your Xbox Live subscription   Cancel your Xbox Live subscription I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 3:43 pm

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

You really shouldn't with any public big company like that. They could lose all of your private information and or get it stolen. Just look at Sony.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Cancel your Xbox Live subscription XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Cancel your Xbox Live subscription   Cancel your Xbox Live subscription I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 6:49 pm

DukeNukem34 wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

You really shouldn't with any public big company like that. They could lose all of your private information and or get it stolen. Just look at Sony.
I would rather leave my credit card info with Sony than Microsoft. Cancel your Xbox Live subscription 725796345
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Cancel your Xbox Live subscription   Cancel your Xbox Live subscription I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 9:59 pm

TRF wrote:
DukeNukem34 wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:

I would rather leave my credit card info with Sony than Microsoft. Cancel your Xbox Live subscription 725796345

ah yes, the ones who lost all our information to the hackers. Good luck with that TRF. Don't say it is my fault when ur homeless.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Cancel your Xbox Live subscription   Cancel your Xbox Live subscription I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 6:49 pm

^^

I haven't lost any of my information with any corporation. Also, there is a website you can check to see if the hackers have your information. I think like 85% of the people that used it came out with a ''No."
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Cancel your Xbox Live subscription   Cancel your Xbox Live subscription I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2011 9:22 pm

MS is obligated NOT to get your credit card info hacked because of the fact that they are trying to make you stay on their service. Just think of how much deep shit MS would be in if XBL got hacked and all the personal info got compromised. It'd be the end of their subscription-based monoply I'd tell you that.

I mean seriously do you even understand how much MS makes off of charging for XBL? 60 dollars per 25 million subcribers equates to 1.5 billion dollars a year. That's PROFIT too. If they lose even 10% of their subscribers because people are starting to think they are shady they would lose millions.

Your blind allegiance to Sony scares me shitless TRF. Sony has actually got everyones information compromised. XBL is much older than PSN yet MS hasn't done that.

With that said I just don't trust any company. Nothing wrong with playing it safe.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Cancel your Xbox Live subscription   Cancel your Xbox Live subscription I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 12:18 am

^^

Honest question: Do you think that the fact that PSN is a more ''open service" (I may be wrong on that) has anything to do with it being easily compromised compared to XBL?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Cancel your Xbox Live subscription   Cancel your Xbox Live subscription I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 12:57 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
^^

Honest question: Do you think that the fact that PSN is a more ''open service" (I may be wrong on that) has anything to do with it being easily compromised compared to XBL?

If you give developers more freedom with your service you are also indirectly giving the consumers more freedom. With more freedom there can be more ways to exploit the service.

I think it was actually because of the fact that the PS3 is such an open platform that they decided to disable Linux. They saw the dangers of giving users the ability to install their own custom OS.

The thing is though, I doubt any of that extra freedom is the direct cause of PSN being compromised. I think if Anonymous tried they could bypass XBL's security as well. Though MS probably has CC info encrypted better.

Back to top Go down
Shigdig
4um Sabior
4um Sabior
Shigdig

Cancel your Xbox Live subscription ZDL7A4I
Stature : 7

PostSubject: Re: Cancel your Xbox Live subscription   Cancel your Xbox Live subscription I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 1:34 am

Off topic^^
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Cancel your Xbox Live subscription   Cancel your Xbox Live subscription I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 2:08 am

^^

I asked him a question about the service and he was simply answering it.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Cancel your Xbox Live subscription   Cancel your Xbox Live subscription I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 10:19 am

Nooo
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Cancel your Xbox Live subscription XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Cancel your Xbox Live subscription   Cancel your Xbox Live subscription I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 10:43 am

Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
Your blind allegiance to Sony scares me shitless TRF. Sony has actually got everyones information compromised. XBL is much older than PSN yet MS hasn't done that.
I don't have a blind allegiance to Sony. I've had multiple unauthorized charges on the credit card on my XBL account, both for Microsoft Points and Xbox LIVE Gold (despite my calling Microsoft and canceling my Gold renewal time and time again). The credit card on my PSN account has never had any charges on it that I hadn't authorized. Microsoft has proven to me that they don't know how to handle credit cards.

Microsoft uses cheap tactics to squeeze extra money out of consumers' credit cards. Yes, Sony lost credit card info to a third-party, but Microsoft are the ones extorting consumers themselves, which in my opinion, is far worse.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Cancel your Xbox Live subscription   Cancel your Xbox Live subscription I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2011 11:28 am

TRF wrote:
Old_Spice_Guy wrote:
I don't have a blind allegiance to Sony. I've had multiple unauthorized charges on the credit card on my XBL account, both for Microsoft Points and Xbox LIVE Gold (despite my calling Microsoft and canceling my Gold renewal time and time again). The credit card on my PSN account has never had any charges on it that I hadn't authorized. Microsoft has proven to me that they don't know how to handle credit cards.

Microsoft uses cheap tactics to squeeze extra money out of consumers' credit cards. Yes, Sony lost credit card info to a third-party, but Microsoft are the ones extorting consumers themselves, which in my opinion, is far worse.

Doesn't the potential risk of some 3rd party abusing your CC info make you feel far more uneasy than MS simply making it harder for you to unsubscribe to their service?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cancel your Xbox Live subscription   Cancel your Xbox Live subscription I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cancel your Xbox Live subscription
Page 1 of 1