Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Greatest Characters in Gaming

Go down 
+4
Gutzahn
Based Sonji
Archduke
Orc
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

The Greatest Characters in Gaming Empty
PostSubject: The Greatest Characters in Gaming   The Greatest Characters in Gaming I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:41 am

These are by no means the best but they are some of my favourite characters.

Jimmy Hopkins
Game: Bully/Canis Canem Edit

At first look, Jimmy comes across as a bit of a chav. His shaved head, his gold ear stud, and so on. But throughout the game, you discover he is the most likeable person in all of Bullworth. You will become sympathetic for him when things don't go his way. You'll laugh out loud at his witty remarks and you will witness his rise to the top of the school's hierarchical structure. He is a mischievous kid but he's a smart one and he isn't afraid to get in a bit of trouble.
The Greatest Characters in Gaming Bully490pic

Toni Cipriani
Game: Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories

If you look at the protagonists in Grand Theft Auto games throughout the years, you will notice a trend of obnoxious, self-righteous cuntbags. The one character that actually seemed pleasant is Toni. Okay, sure he doesn't mind getting his hands dirty, in fact I recall a mission in which he hacks someone (called Casi) up with a hatchet, puts their body in a meat grinder and delivers it to their own deli. That's pretty messed up. But at the same time he has morals, is kind (though he can have a bad temper) and deals with even the most challenging tasks.
The Greatest Characters in Gaming 174383_100002356776018_7029480_n

Manny Calavera
Game: Grim Fandango

Manny is a hard working guy. He appears to be a bit lonely and so work is the only thing he really has. When he discovers corruption within his line of work and it leads to a lovely woman not getting the service she deserves (and consequently, must take a long journey to the ninth underworld as opposed to the short, pleasant ride she was eligible for), he goes through hell and back to try and fix things for her. He is an honest and very human person. You can relate to him and have to respect the way he puts his life at risk so often to find the woman he loves and set things right in the land of the dead.
The Greatest Characters in Gaming Manny_Calavera_200_130341a-731060

Colton White
Game: GUN

When it comes to western games, it seems Red Dead Redemption has stolen the crown of GUN. Nevertheless, GUN is still my favourite western game and Colton is still one of my favourite characters. After his father who adopted him is killed mercilessly just like his real parents, Cole has nothing left (and you will empathise with him) and he goes out on a quest for revenge. He only lives to witness more losses and sadness. But he sides with a native american tribe and brings war upon his enemies. He is a strong willed person and is extremely likable.
The Greatest Characters in Gaming Gun

I might be missing a few but these are pretty much some of my favourite characters. Feel free to share your own thoughts and your own favourites.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Characters in Gaming   The Greatest Characters in Gaming I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:38 am

Colton White has absolutely nothing on John Marston.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Characters in Gaming   The Greatest Characters in Gaming I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 1:04 pm

^
He does.
But they are more or less as good as each other.
The thing is... John is pretty emotionless.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Characters in Gaming   The Greatest Characters in Gaming I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 5:31 pm

John marston is far from emotionless.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Characters in Gaming   The Greatest Characters in Gaming I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 6:30 pm

DukeNukem34 wrote:
John marston is far from emotionless.

No he isn't.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Characters in Gaming   The Greatest Characters in Gaming I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 7:52 pm

No Link.

The fuck.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Characters in Gaming   The Greatest Characters in Gaming I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:36 pm

The Greatest Characters in Gaming 469919-millenia_large2
Millenia
Grandia 2 wouldnt be as awesome without her.
She seems to be evil, and is indeed a part of an evil "god", but that doesnt stop her from helping the heroes to fight that "god" .
There are people who support the "good side" and people who support the "bad side. She doesnt give a fuck and does what she wants, pissing off both sides.

The Greatest Characters in Gaming 125px-NathanDrakeU3
Nathan Drake of course

I have to add Glados and Wheatley. They are awesome ^^ .

Last edited by Gutzahn on Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The Greatest Characters in Gaming XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Characters in Gaming   The Greatest Characters in Gaming I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 8:55 pm

lol @ Jimmy Hopkins, from that watered-down, censored, craptastic clone of GTA.

I like GLaDOS, John Marston, Jak, Mario, Kirby, and Cole MacGrath.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Greatest Characters in Gaming R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Characters in Gaming   The Greatest Characters in Gaming I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 9:49 pm

The Greatest Characters in Gaming Unchar10

^^This guy.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Characters in Gaming   The Greatest Characters in Gaming I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 11:03 pm

No Garrus? And John Marston emotionless? WTF? This thread sucks.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Characters in Gaming   The Greatest Characters in Gaming I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 7:49 am

TRF wrote:
lol @ Jimmy Hopkins, from that watered-down, censored, craptastic clone of GTA.

lol clone of gta? Where are the guns? cars? drugs? prostitutes? Yeah... total clone.

Also watered down? If anything is watered down it is gta! Bully has the most interaction of any game by Rockstar. It takes a completely different approach to gta but only ends up 50x better. In fact I would take Bully over every gta game ever made.
Even LCS which is my favourite gta title.

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
No Garrus? And John Marston emotionless? WTF? This thread sucks.

You can write one for Garrus if you like. I'm pissed off with him after the second game. Can it wait for a bit? I'm in the middle of some calibrations.
Also please show me where John shows any kind of emotion.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

The Greatest Characters in Gaming XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Characters in Gaming   The Greatest Characters in Gaming I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:08 am

lol @ picking Jimmy and then saying Marston is emotionless. Marston is one of the most complex and interesting characters in recent years.

BTW, Bully sucks. Problem, Lykos?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Characters in Gaming   The Greatest Characters in Gaming I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 4:02 pm

TRF wrote:
lol @ picking Jimmy and then saying Marston is emotionless. Marston is one of the most complex and interesting characters in recent years.

:megusta: :megusta:

also, Nathan Drake of course.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Characters in Gaming   The Greatest Characters in Gaming I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 5:42 pm

TRF wrote:

Give
Reasons
Or
Accept
Failure
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Characters in Gaming   The Greatest Characters in Gaming I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 8:31 pm

The guns are replaced with slingshots and shit like that.

There are no cars because it's a fucking school.

Jimmy is obv on crack.

Prostitutes are replaced with school girls.

Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Merchant
Merchant
Shin_Akuma

Stature : 1

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Characters in Gaming   The Greatest Characters in Gaming I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:16 pm

The Greatest Characters in Gaming TT9Lh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Greatest Characters in Gaming   The Greatest Characters in Gaming I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Greatest Characters in Gaming
Page 1 of 1